Call of Duty put third person view into their new game, RE village selling Third person mode as a DLC, May be 2077 should do the same

+
Since the trend of established FPS adding optional Third person view to the game is starting
And I think CDPR should make hay while the sun shines since some assets are already there, just need some polish to be fully functional

20220915232009_1.jpg

yabab

Forum regular
Capcom spent a lot of money making the tech that can support both perspectives, not to mention the environment supports both perspectives. I don't know about CP2077, but if enough people are willing to spend money on it, everything's possible...

Capcom spent a lot of money making the tech that can support both perspectives, not to mention the environment supports both perspectives. I don't know about CP2077, but if enough people are willing to spend money on it, everything's possible..

well 2077 uses the same engine as witcher which it's mean this engine capable of doing both not so different from Capcom's engine
and even with the third-person mod on many cut scenes the players model still doing right unlike most FPS that's not bother doing the whole model at all

If some still hopes about a third person view after almost two years, who am I to say they can't :)
For me, there is no chances, even less for cutscenes (in CP77)... But hey, as long as there is life, there is hope as we say.
RE village's come out almost 2 years before they decide to make Third person mode to sell separately

also, you are the kind of guy who is not willing to accept any change to the game at all,
Just recently whenever I see a thread making about making an opinion about suggesting anything new to the game
you always show up just to oppose them
not wanting the game to change

are you always like this?
when the game launching day 1, did you oppose the opinion to fix the bug, to improve QoL for users, to make any progress to make the game better?

well 2077 uses the same engine as witcher which it's mean this engine capable of doing both not so different from Capcom's engine
and even with the third-person mod on many cut scenes the players model still doing right unlike most FPS that's not bother doing the whole model at all

The problem with CP2077's 3rd person isn't tech. It was never tech. Of course the RED engine can do it.

The problem is that the entire game was built from the ground up for first person. The work involved would be astronomical and very complicated.

In fact, Capcom might've added it but they also said it took almost as much effort as creating a whole new game.

And RE: Village doesn't have half as much content to modify as CP2077 would require. It is no small endeavour. I'm a strong proponent of giving people the choice between 1st and 3rd person. Even though I believe CDPR did an exceptionally good job with 1st person here. It's really the amount of work involved that makes it very unlikely to ever happen.

The problem with CP2077's 3rd person isn't tech. It was never tech. Of course the RED engine can do it.

The problem is that the entire game was built from the ground up for first person. The work involved would be astronomical and very complicated.

In fact, Capcom might've added it but they also said it took almost as much effort as creating a whole new game.

And RE: Village doesn't have half as much content to modify as CP2077 would require. It is no small endeavour. I'm a strong proponent of giving people the choice between 1st and 3rd person. Even though I believe CDPR did an exceptionally good job with 1st person here. It's really the amount of work involved that makes it very unlikely to ever happen.
yep I understand that issue as well I made a post addressing an issue with the world that 2077 built around compared to other games built around that what's made the 2077 harder to just move the camera position and done

Third person perspective for option big budget FPS focused game just coming in a trend
like in Call of Duty or Resident evil village and it's have very positive feedback from the fans

this's a trend that 2077 should really hop on it since the game has too much wasted potentials

View attachment 11319851
View attachment 11319848View attachment 11319854
Post automatically merged:

and the problem with TPS/FPS are quite tricky is
with third person games they decide the game to compensate the camera that far away from the head of players model
so the object in the would would be larger look distinctive from more afar
and the world itself also become larger than real life
take METAL GEAR RISING or WATCH DOG or GTA for example

int those game the doors frame are larger than normal human size so it would let the camera could move according to players model smoothly
the world design would have a lot of open space wide area to compensate that too

the office are huge than a parking lot, the elevator bigger than a whole apartment room
something like that

View attachment 11319857

now come to 2077 the tricky part is CDPR design this world with realistic size in mind so a lot of tight areas that camera movement can't flow freely like in just any TPS from the beginning game

like in this elevator in ALL FOODS in the mission the pick up for example the camera clip through when talking to dumdum

So they can't just change the placement of the camera done

View attachment 11319863

the camera placement would have to program to move more dynamically to avoid clipping like in Call of Duty and Resident Evil Village when they make the game that was designed with FPS in mind to become TPS they have to program the camera to move in and out to avoid clipping when going to narrow space

View attachment 11319866

View attachment 11319869

and the other issue is the animation that in the third person could use some adjustment but in scripted events, it seems already animated well enough in most cases even when using TPP mod on these events
even it looks not so dramatic when the camera is freely moving around

the more TPP cut scene in a place like this should be nice

View attachment 11319872

But the biggest issue is the combat animations, the animations when in combat are the same as in first person so it looks not good at all since it only animated the crucial parts to look good on FPS only

but walking around the world in the third person could do it just fine since not much movement involve

anyway I still think that the DEV team could just import animations from NPCs in the games to replace it and hide the true player model animations when in TPP mode like in FALLOUT or SKYRIM where players have FPS models and TPS models than can be swapped on the fly

View attachment 11319878

I’d say the first step would be fixing the player animations and Full Body Presence. I mean, But her Bay managed to pull it off back in 2005. No reason why CDPR can’t do it now

RE village's come out almost 2 years before they decide to make Third person mode to sell separately

also, you are the kind of guy who is not willing to accept any change to the game at all,
Just recently whenever I see a thread making about making an opinion about suggesting anything new to the game
you always show up just to oppose them
not wanting the game to change

are you always like this?
when the game launching day 1, did you oppose the opinion to fix the bug, to improve QoL for users, to make any progress to make the game better?
I'm not against as you seem to think, in my opinion CDPR won't add it.
Not because it's due to a technical issue or because the Engine can't handle it, it's just a creative decision that they took years before the release and they will stick with... simple as that ;)

also, I kinda see the point why they sold third-person views separately to compensate for the cost I think

yep I understand that issue as well I made a post addressing an issue with the world that 2077 built around compared to other games built around that what's made the 2077 harder to just move the camera position and done

Well, you say you understand but your opening post in this very thread says:
just need some polish to be fully functional

It's a whole lot more than just polish. It's reworking models. It's reworking animations. It's reworking perspective. It's working a fully functional camera perspective and so on.

also, I kinda see the point why they sold third-person views separately to compensate for the cost I think

Voila!

This kind of work is extremely expensive.

The odds of it happening after they clearly stated CP2077 is to be fully first person only are slim to none. I get the whole "never say never" but in this case, never is most likely accurate.

I'm not against as you seem to think, in my opinion CDPR won't add it.
Not because it's due to a technical issue or because the Engine can't handle it, it's just a creative decision that they took years before the release and they will stick with... simple as that ;)
but as I said, with almost any thread about people giving an opinion about what if the game could change into other ways
you always appear and said
it's not gonna happen, the game is fine as it is, the game should not change
repeatedly

but as I said, with almost any thread about people giving an opinion about what if the game could change into other ways
you always appear and said
it's not gonna happen, the game is fine as it is, the game should not change
repeatedly
If my opinion is "it's not gonna happen" and I disagree with yours, you also can disagree with mine ;)
You can search in the forum, there are plenty of threads about "adding" a third person view in the game (since release or almost), this is a subject which was debated to the hell...
As @GrimReaper801 said, it would cost too much to add it, while they clearly announced there would be no third person view and created the game entirely around the first person.

Last edited:
Well, you say you understand but your opening post in this very thread says:

It's a whole lot more than just polish. It's reworking models. It's reworking animations. It's reworking perspective. It's working a fully functional camera perspective and so on.

Voila!

This kind of work is extremely expensive.

The odds of it happening after they clearly stated CP2077 is to be fully first person only are slim to none. I get the whole "never say never" but in this case, never is most likely accurate.
there's some framework established to begin with, okay but if to be same as the feeling choice of a word you thinking

yes the game has some works from what they left to be usable as a whole
and probably not a quick and dirty job to get the hand on

so I picked RE village to the visualize so if it is quite too much of a burden maybe selling separately to compensate is could acceptable
Post automatically merged:

If my opinion is "it's not gonna happen" and I disagree with yours, you also can disagree with mine ;)
You can search in the forum, there are plenty of threads about "adding" a third person view in the game (since release or almost), this is a subject which was debated to the hell...
As @GrimReaper801 said, it would cost too much to add it, while they clearly announced there would be no third person view and created the game entirely around the first person.
of course, there's a lot of it meaning it's on demands
that's why I point at the chance to sway the higher up in the development that fps to tps transitions are coming to the trend and receive positive feedback

so this is a good chance to hop on the trend

they said 2077 was designed for the last-gen console and could run well on it but yet it only works well on the next-gen
and now the next-gen is about to become the last-gen itself and the game even cut loose on the older-gen and headed onward to the next-gen and we do not even know it's gonna end there or what

Last edited:
there's some framework established to begin with, okay but if to be same as the feeling choice of a word you thinking

yes the game has some works from what they left to be usable as a whole
and probably not a quick and dirty job to get the hand on

so I picked RE village to the visualize so if it is quite too much of a burden maybe selling separately to compensate is could acceptable

There is very little work done for a fully functional 3rd person view. You can look at the 3rd person mod to see that. There is far, far more to be done than what is already in the game.

Adding it as a paid DLC is a non-starter. It would be absolutely disastrous. A PR nightmare. Take a look at some of those thread @LeKill3rFou linked. These are the tip of the iceberg. There is a ton more and it goes all the way back to before the game's release. Adding it 2 years in and sticking it behind a paywall would be terrible.

RE: Village gets away with it for a few reasons - by bundling it with more content (which I suspect will be very minimal considering the price point vs. work involved) and because it was following RE7 which was also in 1st person and turned out to be an amazing game. RE7 had a pretty hard time getting people to swallow 1st person though. Once people digest the pill and accept that their series has changed, it's far easier to keep going in a certain direction.

To be clear RE: Village is "getting away with it" is something I use very liberally. There are a lot of angry people who think this should have been a feature from the start for various reasons (staple of the series being the one I see most often).

If CDPR adds 3rd person, and that's a tremendously big if, I doubt they'd try to sell it and since it seems confirmed that the expansion is the only one were getting and there was no announcement of it offering 3rd person, I very much doubt they'll try to bundle it with something else.

There is very little work done for a fully functional 3rd person view. You can look at the 3rd person mod to see that. There is far, far more to be done than what is already in the game.

Adding it as a paid DLC is a non-starter. It would be absolutely disastrous. A PR nightmare. Take a look at some of those thread @LeKill3rFou linked. These are the tip of the iceberg. There is a ton more and it goes all the way back to before the game's release. Adding it 2 years in and sticking it behind a paywall would be terrible.

RE: Village gets away with it for a few reasons - by bundling it with more content (which I suspect will be very minimal considering the price point vs. work involved) and because it was following RE7 which was also in 1st person and turned out to be an amazing game. RE7 had a pretty hard time getting people to swallow 1st person though. Once people digest the pill and accept that their series has changed, it's far easier to keep going in a certain direction.

To be clear RE: Village is "getting away with it" is something I use very liberally. There are a lot of angry people who think this should have been a feature from the start for various reasons (staple of the series being the one I see most often).

If CDPR adds 3rd person, and that's a tremendously big if, I doubt they'd try to sell it and since it seems confirmed that the expansion is the only one were getting and there was no announcement of it offering 3rd person, I very much doubt they'll try to bundle it with something else.
so the things that bundles with I don't think it has to be something big
just a bunch of many QoL features that maybe got cut along with a lot of cosmetics or nonrelevance things to add to the checklist
or more like a user-generated content bundled together to make things look massive but just a lot of small things packed together could do a job of hiding intention

RE was originally a TPP series, it only became FPP in 7. Having TPP added as a throwback is cool. But that's not a good enough reason for CDPR to do it.

I've said this before, and I stick by it. I personally do not need TPP but I would welcome it as a feature. There are benefits to both, and I wouldn't mind seeing the game in a different perspective. BUT that does not mean it's going to happen. CDPR said repeatedly this was a creative choice it's not about tech its about their "Artistic Vision" for the game. And while they could change their mind with enough support for the feature, and they did just hire a TPP camera programmer not very long ago which got a lot of coverage. That could all be for the sequel or multiplayer spinoff or anything else really.

As for other games making the switch. That to me means nothing. Fortnite broke records as a Free Battle Royale, and everyone tried to copy it, doesn't mean all the attempts are good. CoD going TPP/FPP player choice, is cool, doesn't mean others need to copy. I'd rather see more innovative and creative content over more systems or trend chasing.

Lastly CDPR is trying to pull away from Red Engine, the expansion, and maybe a few smaller scale updates after will be the end of Red Engine. I just don't know how much effort they would be willing to put into making something they never intended or promised work, when they still haven't gotten all the stuff, they actually DID promise working correctly just yet. Of course, as I said, I'd like to see proper TPP in the game, so I'd like to be wrong, I just don't think it's going to happen at this point. Unless it's already in the works and they release it as a big surprise with the expansion, that's the only way I see it coming, definitely not before Phantom Liberty if at all.

RE was originally a TPP series, it only became FPP in 7. Having TPP added as a throwback is cool. But that's not a good enough reason for CDPR to do it.

I've said this before, and I stick by it. I personally do not need TPP but I would welcome it as a feature. There are benefits to both, and I wouldn't mind seeing the game in a different perspective. BUT that does not mean it's going to happen. CDPR said repeatedly this was a creative choice it's not about tech its about their "Artistic Vision" for the game. And while they could change their mind with enough support for the feature, and they did just hire a TPP camera programmer not very long ago which got a lot of coverage. That could all be for the sequel or multiplayer spinoff or anything else really.

As for other games making the switch. That to me means nothing. Fortnite broke records as a Free Battle Royale, and everyone tried to copy it, doesn't mean all the attempts are good. CoD going TPP/FPP player choice, is cool, doesn't mean others need to copy. I'd rather see more innovative and creative content over more systems or trend chasing.

Lastly CDPR is trying to pull away from Red Engine, the expansion, and maybe a few smaller scale updates after will be the end of Red Engine. I just don't know how much effort they would be willing to put into making something they never intended or promised work, when they still haven't gotten all the stuff, they actually DID promise working correctly just yet. Of course, as I said, I'd like to see proper TPP in the game, so I'd like to be wrong, I just don't think it's going to happen at this point. Unless it's already in the works and they release it as a big surprise with the expansion, that's the only way I see it coming, definitely not before Phantom Liberty if at all.
I agree that's not something we could see sometime soon

Top Bottom