Call of Duty put third person view into their new game, RE village selling Third person mode as a DLC, May be 2077 should do the same

+
actually not much new code
since TPP mod can easily do it because CDPR leftover lots of frameworks in the game enough
characters for players are looking good not broken in the first person cut scene even looking from third person mod
the game begins using TPP before moving to FPP
the currents problem with third person mod is the camera is not dynamic to avoid clipping
and the animations are even kinda fine when just walking around but during combat, the animations really broken

I'm not saying it can't be done, obviously with some work it could...

But if we're being fair here, the animations in TPP look terrible. They are stiff and awkward. That's not a shot at the mod, obviously they did the best they could with what was available and it's impressive that it works. But it has its fair share of problems. It breaks the camera just by being installed sometimes, I've had it lock my camera when not even using it. IT causes the character model to show up in places it shouldn't Like just in the background of BD segments. And early versions of it really broke the animations, so it had a lot of work to do to even get to where it is now.

To do it officially and have it look good would be a lot of work. I'd love to see it, and I think it's possible it may come with the expansion next year (Hopefully early next year). But I would not expect it any time before then if at all because it will require significant work if it's going to be high quality.

But if we're being fair here, the animations in TPP look terrible. They are stiff and awkward. That's not a shot at the mod, obviously they did the best they could with what was available and it's impressive that it works. But it has its fair share of problems. It breaks the camera just by being installed sometimes, I've had it lock my camera when not even using it. IT causes the character model to show up in places it shouldn't Like just in the background of BD segments. And early versions of it really broke the animations, so it had a lot of work to do to even get to where it is now.

To do it officially and have it look good would be a lot of work. I'd love to see it, and I think it's possible it may come with the expansion next year (Hopefully early next year). But I would not expect it any time before then if at all because it will require significant work if it's going to be high quality.
I agree on it's not a priority for the game
there are other issues the game needs to do much more than this

it's just quite a welcoming feature to add in

Considering that they're only doing 1 expansion for the game, it's safe to say TPP is never going to be a possibility. They're moving to a different engine and are likely already in early planning stages for the sequel as well as working on Witcher 4. There's no chance they are allocating resources for a TPP feature most players do not care about.

Guest 3847602

since TPP mod can easily do it because CDPR leftover lots of frameworks in the game enough
and the animations are even kinda fine when just walking around but during combat, the animations really broken
Combat animations in TPP mod looks "broken" precisely because there are no animations suited for TPP present in the game.
What you'll be able to get from a mod is Cyberpunk equivalent of what you can see in the top right corner of this video:
For anything better, somebody would have to create an entirely new set of animations.
There's about 0% chance of CDPR doing this.

None of them are good shooters.
For real??! That's your best argument to discredited legit fast pace movement TPP shooter games?! LOL
Ok, let's say you & I have a different taste altogether here. BUT, If we are trying being fairly more objective here, EVERY games that I listed are highly recommended & has massive positive reviews on Steam (except PS exclsuive Returnal of course). Some of it even have massive following.

You mentioned both Deus Ex & CP2077 are almost exclusively FPP. EXACTLY. "Almost." Both of these games have clear TPP in certain aspects, as Deus Ex used "cover" in TPP, meanwhile CP2077 used vehicle driving in TPP too. You just answered your own question & break your own arguments. Deus Ex is not even remotely close to fast pace, but a mostly stealth action sandbox. Most of the time player used "cover" too as it is an integral mechanic to the combat. After all, both worlds can exist dynamically.

I feel so genuinely weird when people holding on FPP arguments religiously like this LOL

Sure, that's why I suggested making it an optional feature you unlock after completing the game, so as not to undermine the artisitc intention of the original ;)

So, did you not like the TPP cutscenes at the end of the game then? Personally I thought it blended perfectly fine with the FPP experience :shrug:

Just my tuppence - I really REALLY liked the cut-scenes at the end, but in the main BECAUSE it was the end. My V was leaving me (or I was leaving V). The experience was ending, say goodbye... I'd not like cut-scenes to interrupt the FPP during the game.

If the game was structured differently in a more episodic way - there's bits like that in Stray I think - I'd probably not mind it.

Just my tuppence - I really REALLY liked the cut-scenes at the end, but in the main BECAUSE it was the end. My V was leaving me (or I was leaving V). The experience was ending, say goodbye...

I totally agree with this - I've made the exact same point I dunno how many times across the forum. I ALSO like how it is. I wasn't suggesting they change that.

I thought you'd like cut-scenes elsewhere though, which IS a change :)

Yeah but not at the cost of changing the default version of the game. I tried explaining earlier. I said I'd love it if they introduced an additional mode that you could unlock after completing the game. So the existing way you play the game remains unchanged - so that would be the default, "artistically correct" mode (the way you're meant to experience the game), and the new mode would be an optional thing.

Probably won't happen, but I would rather have that than a NG+ mode. NG+ just doesn't add anything in my mind.

Yeah but not at the cost of changing the default version of the game. I tried explaining earlier. I said I'd love it if they introduced an additional mode that you could unlock after completing the game. So the existing way you play the game remains unchanged - so that would be the default, "artistically correct" mode (the way you're meant to experience the game), and the new mode would be an optional thing.

Probably won't happen, but I would rather have that than a NG+ mode. NG+ just doesn't add anything in my mind.
Yeah I did understand your idea of unlocked cinematics, I suppose I was just saying I'd avoid it even if available :) as it would feel jarring to me to drop out of V's eyes during the play-through. Honestly, I'm finding it hard to connect with Witcher 3 as it feels like I'm watching someone else's game... I've maybe got so used the the feel of CP2077 that a 3rd person view feels plain wrong, alienating.

For real??! That's your best argument to discredited legit fast pace movement TPP shooter games?! LOL
Ok, let's say you & I have a different taste altogether here. BUT, If we are trying being fairly more objective here, EVERY games that I listed are highly recommended & has massive positive reviews on Steam (except PS exclsuive Returnal of course). Some of it even have massive following.

You mentioned both Deus Ex & CP2077 are almost exclusively FPP. EXACTLY. "Almost." Both of these games have clear TPP in certain aspects, as Deus Ex used "cover" in TPP, meanwhile CP2077 used vehicle driving in TPP too. You just answered your own question & break your own arguments. Deus Ex is not even remotely close to fast pace, but a mostly stealth action sandbox. Most of the time player used "cover" too as it is an integral mechanic to the combat. After all, both worlds can exist dynamically.

I feel so genuinely weird when people holding on FPP arguments religiously like this LOL
Because they are not shooters. Max Payne is not shooter game, GTA is not shooter game etc. etc. They are action adventure games with shooting mechanics. How can you speak about Max Payne "dynamic" shooting, when whole concept of this game is focused around slow-mo. GTA's shooting is bad, that's it. That's why this discussion is waste of time, with forced arguments like that. No point of even dissecting these games and compare to Cyberpunk as something constructive, they have bad and limited shooting compared to Cyberpunk. Examples like this only are proof that for sake of shooting mechanics : FPP is best.

Because they are not shooters. Max Payne is not shooter game, GTA is not shooter game etc. etc. They are action adventure games with shooting mechanics. How can you speak about Max Payne "dynamic" shooting, when whole concept of this game is focused around slow-mo. GTA's shooting is bad, that's it. That's why this discussion is waste of time, with forced arguments like that. No point of even dissecting these games and compare to Cyberpunk as something constructive, they have bad and limited shooting compared to Cyberpunk. Examples like this only are proof that for sake of shooting mechanics : FPP is best.
I agree about GTA or Rockstar games in general, there are shootings, but these games are not shooter (like Mass Effect, not a shooter or at least, not very good).
But for example, I assume Gear Of War is (could be considered as) a shooter and it seem rather good (I never played once or maybe few hours on the very first one on XB360^^).

Id pay for a 3rd person dlc if CDPR did that, i just find it weird you can spend so much time creating your character to only ever see it through mirrors and the endings???? Id feel more connected to my character in FPS if it was V's original design that could only be played. Why put that much effort into face creation if you only see it in a mirror.

The reason i read for the next witcher game using unreal5, they basically couldn't be bothered to fix their engine.

Id feel more connected to my character in FPS if it was V's original design that could only be played. Why put that much effort into face creation if you only see it in a mirror.
I find it rather surprising (or I misunderstood ^^)
Because players don't have to spend time creating a character. If someone think that "original's looks" are better (at least the "deault one", it's possible to simply select them in the character creator (in short, it's up to players).
28-09-2022_12-38-10-vtv0sgwm.jpeg28-09-2022_12-38-42-yxgepb35.jpeg

what's constructive about 2077's shooting?

Because players don't have to spend time creating a character. If someone think that "original's looks" are better (at least the "deault one", it's possible to simply select them in the character creator (in short, it's up to players).
View attachment 11321600View attachment 11321603

This is what i do now personnaly

I'm in my 3rd run, change my V doesn't matter, so :shrug: i just take the first V

View attachment 11321600View attachment 11321603

It still stands, why create such a robust face creation system when you barely get to view your character doing anything meaningful. Photomode doesnt count. Would have been better if you could do those poses in real time and have civilians react. I love the game, but CDPR dropped the ball hard on how good this could have been.

Why would i not make my own characters face? then i get to imagine how cool it would be to see my Character in TPS with the dope clothing choices. Take real screenshot of my character in battle etc. Photomode is just a poor substitue for there being no TPS.

IMO they scraped TPS because of the amount of technical issue they where having with the character model which is evident when trying the TPS mod. Its fairly obvious despite "it was always only going to be a FPS game from the start" Thats just trying to save face on their part.

As I mentioned the move to unreal5 is because of the tech issue with red engine.

Top Bottom