Call Of Forest should be 9P

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Call of the Forest and Royal Decree are both tutors. CoF is weaker because it can only tutor ST cards. And to compensate this weakness, it was made to boost the tutored unit by 1. So, both RD and CoF were 10P and CoF's disadvantage of only ST cards was compensated by the +1 boost. Now, RD has been buffed and made 9P. It makes sense as Onerio is at 13 and RD at 10 was already powercrept. When this change was made CoF should also have been buffed to 9P.

in my non-devotion decks, I am forced to use RD over CoF as RD is significantly better than CoF. The +1 boost in most cases makes very little difference and even if so, CoF has a significant restriction that it can't tutor neutral cards. If the other argument is "but CoF synergizes with Symbiosis!", I want to respond that CoF had been in ST much before Symbiosis came to existence. CoF is not NG (Nature's Gift) specific card. Even if it going to make NG stronger, NG should be balanced/nerfed and not a faction specific card which is not symbiosis specific card. That is the reason no one wants to discuss Shaping Nature which is completely and utterly pathetic outside of Symbiosis. That card was priced having NG in mind. But CoF shouldn't be.

In its current state, CoF is weaker and junker than RD which is a shame, a faction specific card being weaker than a neutral card.

Call of the Forest and Royal Decree are both tutors. CoF is weaker because it can only tutor ST cards. And to compensate this weakness, it was made to boost the tutored unit by 1. So, both RD and CoF were 10P and CoF's disadvantage of only ST cards was compensated by the +1 boost. Now, RD has been buffed and made 9P. It makes sense as Onerio is at 13 and RD at 10 was already powercrept. When this change was made CoF should also have been buffed to 9P.

in my non-devotion decks, I am forced to use RD over CoF as RD is significantly better than CoF. The +1 boost in most cases makes very little difference and even if so, CoF has a significant restriction that it can't tutor neutral cards. If the other argument is "but CoF synergizes with Symbiosis!", I want to respond that CoF had been in ST much before Symbiosis came to existence. CoF is not NG (Nature's Gift) specific card. Even if it going to make NG stronger, NG should be balanced/nerfed and not a faction specific card which is not symbiosis specific card. That is the reason no one wants to discuss Shaping Nature which is completely and utterly pathetic outside of Symbiosis. That card was priced having NG in mind. But CoF shouldn't be.

In its current state, CoF is weaker and junker than RD which is a shame, a faction specific card being weaker than a neutral card.
It's funny, I used to always site Royal Decree vs Call of the Forest as the example of the perfect balance between faction and neutral cards and the illustration of the dev team's balancing prowess. A sort of a standard that should have been applied during other balancing updates. But then they went and buffed the decree without buffing CoF, and I realized that this "perfection" was just a coincidence :D

rrc

Forum veteran
... this "perfection" was just a coincidence :D
Lets hope the perfection is restored and balance comes back. I was terribly disappointed and sad that CoF was not given the same treatment as RD, making it 'one more ST card weaker than neutrals'.

Last edited:
Don't worry, will happen at some point. I think ST is pretty oppressive atm, but giving COF this buff shouldn't be too impactful. Back then when I started playing (Harmony was top tier these days) I always thought this card shows that devs clearly favour ST but completely ignored the fact that you can't tutor neutrals at all which made it fair again :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The only ST special I'd see with Echo is Water of Brokilon. I don't think Call of the Forest needs it, just make it 9p.

I think adding Echo to Call of the Forest (and removing it from Shaping Nature) is a great idea. That will certainly make it worth 10p. And besides, Call - Echo: it just makes sense :D

rrc

Forum veteran
I think adding Echo to Call of the Forest (and removing it from Shaping Nature) is a great idea. That will certainly make it worth 10p. And besides, Call - Echo: it just makes sense :D
If CoF gets Echo, it should be 13P. Yes, I know I am an ST main, but even I can't accept the hypothesis case of CoF getting Echo and becoming just 10P, in its current state.
The only ST special I'd see with Echo is Water of Brokilon. I don't think Call of the Forest needs it, just make it 9p.
Yes, WoB can be echo, because its current price matches an echo card. WoB should be made 10P or get echo!

Top Bottom