Call on HBO/Starz/Netflix to create a "Witcher" television series

+
@Dragonfire12: Netflix are known for pushing exclusive deals, so they should be very careful to release anything there, unless they explicitly put some condition that the deal is non exclusive. As was said above, we don't need another DRMed only release.

Strange, isn't it, that no one trusts any of these, Entertainment Companies. All of them have soiled their own linen.

Netflix isn't the worst of them, but they aren't good either. They are OK with status quo in general. CDRP with their GOG video service are indeed pushing things forward, but so far there isn't anything substantial there. Getting Witcher films distributed through GOG would be a huge boost to that effort.

Yes please! And something even better would be for Sapkowski himself to be in charge or at least have a say in what the studio is doing for each episode. :youdontsay: But that's just asking too much of him. I should calm myself :hope:

Yes please! And something even better would be for Sapkowski himself to be in charge or at least have a say in what the studio is doing for each episode. But that's just asking too much of him. I should calm myself

Maybe in case of its script but please nothing more than that.

Sapkowski ever designed comics? Imo you want a good storyboarder just as much as a good writer, for movie scripts. Strict authors often don't have the visual nous.

Typical 'Merican thinking "Meh this series is not from OUR country so nobody will watch it", if it would be true anime would never get out from Japan and find fans out of it. Also if we can have Polish lectors give voices to English series, English speaking people can step down from their high horses and listen to English lector in Polish series if it's popular enough.

Hell, they can even play in English if they want to... if you think only English speaking actors can act in English then you can be sorely mistaken some day ;P.

Ironic as I play the witcher series in it's original Polish language as the English version sounds like a bad Clint Eastwood impersonator...Everyone is from England save for the 5 main characters...

@takezodunmer2005: Hm? Did you try to say something about dealing with accents, or making a personal attack here? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But I'd recommend to avoid the later, because it will end up in locking the thread.

I don't think that I would want to see this done unless it was completely CG, with the same level of quality that was put into the trailers.

@takezodunmer2005 : Hm? Did you try to say something about dealing with accents, or making a personal attack here? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But I'd recommend to avoid the later, because it will end up in locking the thread.

It was a response towards your comment "unlike some people" which could've been directed towards my opinion, and I was unsure if it was directed towards my post as a slight against my comment, or just a general response with no malice intended, so I made sure to make it somewhat non-committal as I don't like to make decisions or react on an assumption, as it's simply vapor unless proven.

(Also to save face if it was meant as a veiled insult)

So if it was a simple miscommunication, then my previous comment will stand as general commentary, and will in no way be directed towards you, but if it was, then it's simply a defensive response towards a veiled insult, and nothing more.

It was a response towards your comment "unlike some people" which could've been directed towards my opinion, and I was unsure if it was directed towards my post as a slight against my comment, or just a general response with no malice intended

It was a general response, with no malice intended, since a number of people here complained about accents and voice acting in Witcher games. I understand that accents consistency is a plus, but usually such complaints ignore difficulty of assembling uniform accent actors and simply higher cost of such production. That's why I don't hold any grudges against developers when they do that. It's not like they do it on purpose.

Moderator: There is no room on this forum for giving offense or for taking offense even when you believe it has been given. If this discussion is to continue, it will be without such bickering, or it will be without the members who have been bickering about who insulted whom. @Gilrond-i-Virdan, @takezodunmer2005. this means you.

It was a general response, with no malice intended, since a number of people here complained about accents and voice acting in Witcher games. I understand that accents consistency is a plus, but usually such complaints ignore difficulty of assembling uniform accent actors and simply higher cost of such production. That's why I don't hold any grudges against developers when they do that. It's not like they do it on purpose.

I kind of figured it wasn't malicious, as I've noted your posts before and that just doesn't fit your character...

OT: And yes, I suppose it would be that much more expensive, particularly since that the English version of the game was released in the US as well as the other established UK Colonies, that it would be much cheaper to have the main cast be relate-able for the US/UKC audience, as that's usually the default way things are done...

Though it still raises my hackles to have to deal with the default in anything, both in entertainment or Hardware/software...(Which is why I'm still waiting for Win10GUI mods before I can upgrade..) But yes, You are correct about your statement of overlooking the logistics behind a simple thing as accents, of which I'm admittedly guilty of...Ironically enough!

:)

---------- Updated at 04:30 AM ----------

Moderator: There is no room on this forum for giving offense or for taking offense even when you believe it has been given. If this discussion is to continue, it will be without such bickering, or it will be without the members who have been bickering about who insulted whom. @Gilrond-i-Virdan , @takezodunmer2005 . this means you.
Actually, it was already forgotten, just that I suck at typing so it takes me awhile to post, which is why I'm constantly editing my posts!

enk1

Forum veteran
It's amazing. I found fan translation of Sapkowski's books. Just type this into Google: fan translation sapkowski
Now tell me that there is no market for these books. Fans made it clear.

It's amazing. I found fan translation of Sapkowski's books. Just type this into Google: fan translation sapkowski
Now tell me that there is no market for these books. Fans made it clear.

Mass market paperback needs runs of 20,000 or more to be viable. More if you also have to pay for a translation. The existence of fan translations does not imply a viable market for commercial publishing.

Top Bottom