Call on the power of the Giants!

+

Join in the new Special Arena mode – Battle of Giants! In this event, you will be able to draft only cards with 11+ provision cost.

Battle of Giants will be available until Tuesday, January 22nd, 12PM (noon) CET. Good luck and have fun!

Iorveth's Gambit will be the mvp, lol.

Interestingly enough, even Triss, Avallach Sage and Caretaker could work in this format as there is one bronze special and two artifacts at 11+ provisions.

But generally the event will come down to drafting more Ragnarogs, Roches, Joachims, Dandelions, Vilgefortzes, Speartips and Geralts than your opponent.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
There is something wrong in the French version of the game :

In the screen where you select the arena mode, it presents the classical version and the special version which is "Imitation" where you play with the deck of your opponent. This is normally the "Mimic" mode.

So I thought that I had to draft the worst possible deck.
What a mistake !

Edit :
I sent a message to the support about this problem.
They gave me this solution, which is working for me :
"Please try using Verify / repair function in GOG Galaxy.
  1. Run GOG Galaxy.
  2. Click Gwent on the installed games' list on the left side.
  3. Press MORE button, select "Manage Installation" and then "Verify / repair".
  4. Wait. The repair function can take time depending on the number of corrupt files it has to repair. "

Attachments

• Wrong Arena mode.jpg
    Wrong Arena mode.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I am getting the same error as above.

In the English version, the choices presented for me are Regular and Mimic. If I choose Mimic, the description on the side of the selection board says it's silver-only Arena.

Easy 9-0 for me, most games, including the last finished with 1 card up. I played Francesca and didn't encounter any mirrors, fought against 7 Woodlands spirits though.
Key cards seem Phoenix, Muzzle and Gaunter, which are either strong or counter each other. Other than that Ihuarraquax is pretty nice if your highest is Old Speartip and also punishes the greedy Zoltan.

Top Bottom