Call to Community: don't GG people who play 2 or more cards after you surrendered.

+
Call to Community: don't GG people who play 2 or more cards after you surrendered.

It's happened to all of us: last round, nothing to do, you have two cards left, your opponent has six. You acknowledge defeat, as grown ups are meant to do, you pass, you expect the post-game data to GG the guy who kicked your caboose.

Only that the jerk doesn't pass. It plays all its cards left, specially Commander's Horn. I truly pity someone who lacks so much in real life, that it needs to stomp on fallen foes in the virtual world.

And this... people, still expect to receive GG?

So, come together, community, and flat out refuse to GG anyone who does this. Now, if the Reds made this reportable, that would be awesome.

And yes, you can always forfeit. But that is not the principle of the matter.

I'm not sure there's need for another GG thread.
And before you say that you're trying to rally people for this cause, that's exactly how it works already. Ask people around...
:cheers:

I enjoy both finishing my own and watching my opponent play out there whole hand if they are running an interesting deck. I had a good laugh over a guy running an operator Ban Ard Adept deck that put 200 points out on the siege row after I passed. If you don't want to watch it is always in your power to ff, and you shouldn't be so worried about punishing players that would like to play out their hands. Also in many games it is considered good manners to reveal what you had left in your hand. Try not to take losing so personally and feel free to ff when you are no longer enjoying the game.

Playing a single card after I pass is fine but anymore and your pushing it. No need to rub it in that you've won, your also wasting more time.
There was one time that I passed instead of playing my three cards and lost because I didn't notice he had a trap on the field, completely my fault but still

IAxiiYourMother;n7436780 said:
Also in many games it is considered good manners to reveal what you had left in your hand. Try not to take losing so personally and feel free to ff when you are no longer enjoying the game.
What games? If you slowroll someone in poker, you will never get invited again. Ever. It's a bad etiquette but if you enjoy it good for you. Everyone has his thing I guess...
As for not taking losing personally, it has nothing to do with it. It's just bad to reward this kind of behavior.
Btw, good luck in parenthood.

Lol, thats stupid as hell. If you dont want to see how your opponent finishes you than just forfeit. If my enemy passes I always play all the cards which are left, because usually there is a nice combo whcih I really wanted to use.

This tread is baby-crying, how can you even have problems wit that?

HenryGrosmont;n7437320 said:
What games? If you slowroll someone in poker, you will never get invited again. Ever. It's a bad etiquette but if you enjoy it good for you. Everyone has his thing I guess...
As for not taking losing personally, it has nothing to do with it. It's just bad to reward this kind of behavior.
Btw, good luck in parenthood.

The only reason to be upset is if forfeiting hurts your ego. I'm sorry you lost a game, but it is totally 100% up to you whether you sit there and watch your opponent play cards. No one is making you stay. With a voluntary opt-out there is no reason to feel guilty about revealing your hand if your opponent passed. I've played in many Yu-gi-oh, and Magic tournaments in my lifetime, in addition to many many casual games, and there was never a game that I won or lost that the opponent and myself didn't share our remaining hands. It's fun, and you can learn a lot from what a player decided to save in his hand. Your issue is that for some reason feel that an opponent playing out his hand is rude in some way. This is probably due to the fact that you just lost and feel defensive, and you have no way of knowing that the person sitting on the opposite end harbors no ill intentions.

It's 5 scraps though, so you do you brokowski.

Guest 3973540

I agree.

Finishing the game as quickly as possible is basic respect to the passed hand. GG is also about respect, not the reward. No respect for me - no GG for you, simple.

People routinely overstimate how interesting their decks are for the passed opponent. Still, 2-3 times it was fun watching the full hand (and the guys got my GG).

As IAxiiYourMother says, you can always forfeit and it does the same damn thing. And I sometimes just want to know what they had in their hand, so I pass and let them play and they often pass as well and I don't get to see it. However, if I don't forfeit, it's some kind of way of letting the opponent know that I want him to play the rest of his cards. You should really realize that forfeiting does the same. If he keeps playing and you don't want him to, you can stop him any time. No harm done. What's the deal? Or are you maybe so arrogant that you simply "don't yield, only weaklings do"? That would be weak itself, I think.

xiong2mao;n7437870 said:
I agree.

Finishing the game as quickly as possible is basic respect to the passed hand. GG is also about respect, not the reward. No respect for me - no GG for you, simple.

People routinely overstimate how interesting their decks are for the passed opponent. Still, 2-3 times it was fun watching the full hand (and the guys got my GG).

Exactly - I do not forfeit nor do I play all my left cards to trample on the other player to show OH HOW SUPERIOR I am.
Has nothing to do with baby-crying btw.

Sukin-kot;n7437510 said:
Lol, thats stupid as hell. If you dont want to see how your opponent finishes you than just forfeit. If my enemy passes I always play all the cards which are left, because usually there is a nice combo whcih I really wanted to use.

This tread is baby-crying, how can you even have problems wit that?

THIS

You are only thinking of yourself. How *you* want to play your favorite combo. You waste your opponent's time out of selfishness. This is why I forfeit and refuse GG when people keep playing after they have the win on the table.

gnarbrag;n7438910 said:
THIS

You are only thinking of yourself. How *you* want to play your favorite combo. You waste your opponent's time out of selfishness. This is why I forfeit and refuse GG when people keep playing after they have the win on the table.

And how can they know that you don't want to see their cards. I really am sometimes curious what they have left. Think about the word "selfishness".

Okay folks, let's all calm down a bit. One post deleted. Not sure about other actions yet.

In these forums, please remember to keep conversations respectful and your comments constructive. Be polite, even if you disagree. We all have our opinions and everyone has a right to say it, as long as it's done politely. Someone wants to watch rest of the cards, someone doesn't. Someone doesn't give GG in situation X and someone does. Someone forfeits and someone passes. It's everyone's own decision based on various reasons. Do your best to respect it.

So please, do not insult others or mock their decisions. No name calling.

Last edited:
IAxiiYourMother;n7437540 said:
The only reason to be upset is if forfeiting hurts your ego. I'm sorry you lost a game, but it is totally 100% up to you whether you sit there and watch your opponent play cards. No one is making you stay. With a voluntary opt-out there is no reason to feel guilty about revealing your hand if your opponent passed. I've played in many Yu-gi-oh, and Magic tournaments in my lifetime, in addition to many many casual games, and there was never a game that I won or lost that the opponent and myself didn't share our remaining hands. It's fun, and you can learn a lot from what a player decided to save in his hand. Your issue is that for some reason feel that an opponent playing out his hand is rude in some way. This is probably due to the fact that you just lost and feel defensive, and you have no way of knowing that the person sitting on the opposite end harbors no ill intentions.

It's 5 scraps though, so you do you brokowski.
You either can't understand what I wrote or don't want to. Anyway, you can do whatever you want and keep not getting any respect from your opponents.
I also don't understand the urge to try and play all cards because, as you astutely pointed out, they will forfeit. Interestingly, you say that it's people's ego that is hurt (which was explained being non-issue) yet you try to condone wasting others time and rubbing it in.
Again, you are ofc entitled to keep not getting GG and respect from your peers, for that's why the button exist. Scraps have very little, if at all, to do with it.

I think it's funny how ppl think so differenty of forfeiting/passing. There was a thread once that suggested everyone should only pass instead of forfeiting, because forfeiting is rude and shows bad manners. I dind't get his argument at all but there were ppl that agreed with him. At the same time we had a thread like this one, where ppl pass instead of forfeiting because they think it's more gentle but don't wanna see the opponents remaining cards. I thought about the whole issue and I think the problem is how the game handles forfeiting.

Forfeiting might come across a little bit aggressive because it kills off the game so suddenly and plays that aggressive sound, which might remind some ppl of ragequitters or little children that swipe everything off the table if they are about to lose ( the current round is not displayed at the final results page). So perhaps the devs could simply make forfeiting look a bit gentler. Don't play that sound when the opponent forfeits, instead play the same animation that's played when ppl are passing, but perhaps in another color. Get rid of the popup that's telling us the opponent forfeited - we know that - and display the current stats of the round on the results page.

Forfeiting would look more like a gentle pass and if we wanna see the opponents remaining cards we pass, if we don't, we forfeit ( the way It's already supposed to be I think )

I think that is a solid idea Koaalar.424 , and being able to communicate with the other player in some way other than just a gg at the end of a match would also be nice. That way we would be able to communicate and not end up with people so upset about losing a game. I understand if CDPR doesn't want to deal with chat moderation in game, but maybe we can get some visual way of asking if they mind finishing a hand, re-matching after a game, or would like to be added as a friend etc etc. I feel like if people were able to play face to face IRL this frustration people have with finishing a hand would be a non-issue.

Last edited:
Most people rather have the winner pass ASAP instead of playing the remainder of his hand. Even of those that would like to see all cards, most of them are not bothered when the winner immediately passes. Based on this, it's just always better to just pass ASAP, instead of annoying more people than intriguing them.

^ This is really the only way to objectively look at the matter.

The other arguments cannot be won because of the ambiguity of the situation:
  • You pass means you are either rage-quitting (bad) or being respectful of people's time (good).
  • You continue to play means you are either arrogant and a show-off (bad) or being respectful to show what kind of play you have (good).
Every person will interpret it differently. The only question is how well can they handle the situation (how easy-going are they).

IAxiiYourMother;n7440350 said:
I think that is a solid idea Koaalar.424 , and being able to communicate with the other player in some way other than just a gg at the end of a match would also be nice. That way we would be able to communicate and not end up with people so upset about losing a game. I understand if CDPR doesn't want to deal with chat moderation in game, but maybe we can get some visual way of asking if they mind finishing a hand, re-matching after a game, or would like to be added as a friend etc etc. I feel like if people were able to play face to face IRL this frustration people have with finishing a hand would be a non-issue.

Yes, maybe if there was something like emoticons or something similar. Somewhat that cannot really hurt. Voice chat and text chat could ruin the game, we all know. However, what if the two opponents are really good people who enjoy playing against each other?

Top Bottom