Calling for your questions! Gamescom 2018 Edition

+
Interview DONE:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-gamescom-2018-edition.10979804/post-11096951

>access:GCKM_2208.evnt
>
>***LOGIN_REQUIRED***
>user_id:mm360
>password:******
>
>***ACCESS_GRANTED***
>run:CDPR_prs.pkg
>
>running...

>Hey chombatta
>Managed to get myself into the Gamescom behind closed doors mainframe by swiping the credentials off some poor CDPR big shot
>Friggin motherlode
>Listen, apparently the right questions get you into the right places, so help a guy out
>I need you to think up of, you know, the good stuff
>I need to exploit this situation to the max, don't let me down
>I'll drop in a bit later for the update
>
>kinl3y out.

So as you may have gathered, I will be attending the behind closed doors presentation this year and I thought it would be a good idea to relay to the devs there some of the most hard hitting questions that the community might feel need answering.

Anything goes as long as you:
-keep it civil
-keep your questions concise and to the point
-read the thread for possible repeat questions
-upvote questions from other users that you might have liked/want answered

I'll keep a very close eye on this thread until Thursday, I have the presentation booked for the afternoon. Plenty of time to think of what you might want answered. Give the FAQ and dev answers threads a read as well, just so you make sure you're not asking for info we already know.

Go forth and get askin'.
Cheers!

Interview DONE: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-gamescom-2018-edition.10979804/post-11096951

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few...

1. How do skills and stats work in CP2077? I.e. How does a gun skill affect shooting, how does hacking skill affect hacking, how do stats affect V and his mobility and activities, etc - are there RNG checks for anything (i.e. proper skilltests), or just hard thresholds (skill level 1 + task level 2 = can't pass)?

2. How do smart guns work specifically and how do the characters shooting skills and other possible stats and abilities affect that (if at all)? Are they just an auto-hit crutch to simplify combat, or will they have a more "RPG-like" implementation (i.e. hit chances based on a number of factors like skill, focus, range, visibility...).

3. Empathy and Attractiveness -stats are apparently cut. Is there any sort of mechanics to replace them, are there any other social stats and skills, and if yes, how do they work?

4. What happened to the "tactical mode" that was originally implied? Is there still something going on for it, or is it scrapped? For an RPG, the game - as described now - could really use a bit more of RPG flavor in form of something like that.

5. Is there any possibility to have a gauge in the options to increase stat/skill impact on gameplay (i.e. to have larger initial accuracy/recoil/sway penalty for guns before skill/implant modifiers, bigger initial movement speed penalty before REF/implant modifiers)?

6. If smart guns won't work like this, is there a possibility to have a target lock mechanism that calculates hit chances from character skill (and other situational modifiers), or some other similiar method to make combat feel more like RPG combat for those who are not into or can not play shooter combat?

7. In what ways can random AI pedestrians be interacted with other than possibly killing them or bumping into them?

8. How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

9. How much skill checks can be found in the environment - mundane and more important ones? Or in other words, how much interactivity does the city contain and how much does the character build play into it all?

How much of the 2020 map will be ingame? Will we see the classic areas like the Afterlife Joint, Northside District, Studio City, Forlorn Hope and the Combat Zone?

Got only two Questions for you:

1. When can we expect you guys to break the internet with a mindblowing Ciri reveal in a CP2077 trailer?
2. When can we expect an answer to the first question?

• Will the game have mod support?
  • Will there be non-lethal weapons? if so, what will be the cost/benefit of using them? (Too many games say 'those NPCs are not dead', but still treat them as though they are)
  • Can we still access the character creator once we are in the game?
  • How does the 'cool' stat work? What sort of items are cool? Can we be really cool without being covered in 'bling'- that is, is a 'less is more' approach possible?
  • Are there subtle augs that allow you to upgrade yourself while still looking fully human?

Last edited:
Hey,
there is my list:

- would it be possible to record gameplay on different platforms - xbox, ps4, pc with low, medium, high hardware ?
Note: Those superbly (pre-?)rendered trailer like gameplays are kinda candy for eye, but the game just doesn't look like that for some

- would it be possible to make some (longer ?) gameplay, introducing players to the world, it's logic, mechanics, etc... ?
Note: It's hard to interact with the world or to make some crucial decision, if you don't understand it's weight, what can it bring,etc...

- when the game will be released ?
Note 1: when it is ready is not accepted answer
Note 2: laughing and saying nothing to the point afterwards is also not accepted answer
Note 3: in case of saying "we are passionate gamers...we do our best...quality takes time..." at the end, note 1 takes place
I am not some hungry angry nerd - oh wait... - but it would be nice to know at least a year to sleep some time in advance :cool:

Last edited:
Can we get a high level breakdown on how 2077 relates to 2020 in terms of world building, like a time line of major events, confirmation that it exists in an alternate history, etc?

What's the general feel of the transhuman elements in the culture like are we still in the adoption phase with debate/stigma, has it become fully normalized, or has it moved on to ubiquity and socially expected?

- will you be able to unlock perks and skills (role related) by working for some factions/corporation/gangs?

-Beside Braindance, will drugs (smash, dorph, stim, blue glass, etc....) and acohol from the original pnp be aviable?

- There will be romances and hook up, but will they try to push it a bit more random than usual, like the original pnp (toxic relationship, crazy patner that brings you troubles, std, etc...), or everything will be nice and shinny?

- will they use artists soundtrack ingame (like in gta?) or ls everything gonna come from CDPR?

- Will there be a damage localisation system for the véhicules ?

- will there be different types of ammo and weapons upgrade?

I have a few...

1. How do skills and stats work in CP2077? I.e. How does a gun skill affect shooting, how does hacking skill affect hacking, how do stats affect V and his mobility and activities, etc - are there RNG checks for anything (i.e. proper skilltests), or just hard thresholds (skill level 1 + task level 2 = can't pass)?

2. How do smart guns work specifically and how do the characters shooting skills and other possible stats and abilities affect that (if at all)? Are they just an auto-hit crutch to simplify combat, or will they have a more "RPG-like" implementation (i.e. hit chances based on a number of factors like skill, focus, range, visibility...).

3. Empathy and Attractiveness -stats are apparently cut. Is there any sort of mechanics to replace them, are there any other social stats and skills, and if yes, how do they work?

4. What happened to the "tactical mode" that was originally implied? Is there still something going on for it, or is it scrapped? For an RPG, the game - as described now - could really use a bit more of RPG flavor in form of something like that.

5. Is there any possibility to have a gauge in the options to increase stat/skill impact on gameplay (i.e. to have larger initial accuracy/recoil/sway penalty for guns before skill/implant modifiers, bigger initial movement speed penalty before REF/implant modifiers)?

6. If smart guns won't work like this, is there a possibility to have a target lock mechanism that calculates hit chances from character skill (and other situational modifiers), or some other similiar method to make combat feel more like RPG combat for those who are not into or can not play shooter combat?

7. In what ways can random AI pedestrians be interacted with other than possibly killing them or bumping into them?

8. How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

9. How much skill checks can be found in the environment - mundane and more important ones? Or in other words, how much interactivity does the city contain and how much does the character build play into it all?
Seconded. This is all I want to know. Even answers to a couple of these would satisfy me.

ESPECIALLY THE FIRST ONE. Please, OP. If you ask just ONE question, make it the first one. How do RPG mechanics actually impact combat?

Thanks in advance, regardless of what you ask (even if it's none of these). Have fun at the event!

Since Nvidia just released the new RTX series, it would be nice to know if CP2077 will support the ray tracing feature.

Cyberpunk 2077 was not listed yesterday by Nvidia as one of the 21 upcoming titles that will use RTX. Which of course does not necessarily imply the game will not use the technology, there were hints previously that it will feature "photorealistic rendering", but if RTX is planned, it may be too early to announce it right now. Surely Nvidia would have liked to advertise their new GPUs with CP2077 if that was possible. :)

Another thing I've suspected (and heard from some of the folks that saw the E3 live demo) is that Solo/Tech/Net will be three separate skill trees?

I am not a fan of skill trees because they require a strict progression. You MUST take 'A' before you can take 'B'. What if you don't want 'A'? In CP2020 while skills had levels (0-10) the only restriction was "did you have enough skill to reliably do X". Nothing like perks existed, there were no restrictions like "you can't do 'B' because you haven't learned to do 'A'".

Top Bottom