Camera Locking

+
I'm running into an issue where the camera "Locks" in a certain position, I can move, and I can look left and right but not up or down. I've only encountered this on PC, and I am using mods which maybe is the cause. I also play on PS5 and have never had this issue, so my guess is it probably is a mod messing with the camera.... but if anyone else has come across this and knows a fix I'd appreciate it.

I'm debating on if I should make a legit bug report to support or not. I feel like if it is an issue caused by a mod better to not bother them with it anyway.

Have you installed any mods that modify the camera and it's position? I suggest removing all the mods to see if the issue is gone. If yes, then add them one by one to find out which one causes the problem. If the issue still persists, then it's a bug and you can report it here.

It's random or after specific "events" like get out vehicles or at the end of cutscenes ?
Mouse & keyboard or controller ? If controller, you tried to switch to mouse & keyboard to see if the issue persist ?
When it happen, you tried to open the photo mode to see if the issue persist too ?

I'm using Immersive FPP, and JB-TPP mods, which according to the guides I've read do not conflict (not that that can be 100% guaranteed). Some things seem to trigger it like certain animations (Breach protocol on access points for example) but than other times it just happens when walking. and the animations that do "Trigger" it doesn't always trigger it and sometimes they actually fix it when the animation ends. It happens with both controller and mouse/keyboard setups and switching between does not always fix it, I've found a few tricks to make the camera reset, and work normally, but I was curious if anyone had seen this and knew how to stop it from happening at all. I checked the guides at nexus because I'm assuming it's one of the mods, but they aren't super helpful.

Annoying. I suppose that you will be "good" to try by removing one bye one (one at time) the mods which could possibly cause the issue and see if it still happen :(

I'm running into an issue where the camera "Locks" in a certain position, I can move, and I can look left and right but not up or down. I've only encountered this on PC, and I am using mods which maybe is the cause. I also play on PS5 and have never had this issue, so my guess is it probably is a mod messing with the camera.... but if anyone else has come across this and knows a fix I'd appreciate it.

I'm debating on if I should make a legit bug report to support or not. I feel like if it is an issue caused by a mod better to not bother them with it anyway.
Experience it too. At first I was inclined to say that it's 100% caused by JB TP mod, but wanna do some tests to be absolutely certain. I'll get back to ya.

Let me ask you this to begin with. When you step into a car, do you (always) do that from the 3rd person perspective?

Experience it too. At first I was inclined to say that it's 100% caused by JB TP mod, but wanna do some tests to be absolutely certain. I'll get back to ya.

Let me ask you this to begin with. When you step into a car, do you (always) do that from the 3rd person perspective?

I almost never use the TPP mod, Sometimes When running around the city I'll switch to it, but I'm mostly in FPP when playing, I think I like having the option more than I do actually playing that way.... :shrug:

As for getting into cars, I'm usually in FPP and it switches to TPP for driving, but I use the game camera not the mod for that, I find cars a little hard to drive in this game in FPP, bikes are a little easier.

Edit: it should also be noted, I recently did a clean reinstall, I had some mods in "Vortex" nexus mod manager, and the game kept crashing, SO I completely cleaned out all the data including app data and manually installed everything no external mod manager and everything is running 98% better except for this one issue.

I almost never use the TPP mod, Sometimes When running around the city I'll switch to it, but I'm mostly in FPP when playing, I think I like having the option more than I do actually playing that way.... :shrug:

As for getting into cars, I'm usually in FPP and it switches to TPP for driving, but I use the game camera not the mod for that, I find cars a little hard to drive in this game in FPP, bikes are a little easier.

Edit: it should also be noted, I recently did a clean reinstall, I had some mods in "Vortex" nexus mod manager, and the game kept crashing, SO I completely cleaned out all the data including app data and manually installed everything no external mod manager and everything is running 98% better except for this one issue.
Okay. The reason I asked was, to my guess, the getting in and getting out of the car animation sequences are based of the vanilla FPP. So if you execute those sequences from the TPP, could mean trouble. I usually experience the camera getting stuck right after getting out of a car.

Sometimes even worse, right after getting out, the V-mesh is stuck in its tracks. It will perform the walking animation while standing still. The only remedy in both situations in my case is to create a quick save and reload it. When the game returns, the issue is solved.

I had hoped to provide a solid 100% repro case for you to report to Support to back you, but I plain forgot what exactly I did before the issue occurred. Seem to remember zooming out to third person right after getting out of the car, that it sometimes happened, but this time, after having tried 10 times, it behaved normally.

At this time, am not sure whether it's mod-related or PC related. Can only tell that once it occurs it's wholly fixable by quick saving and reloading that save. That's 100% consistent.

If you're going to report to Support, would recommend that you first try to reproduce it without a single mod running. Then, in the event it occurs, mods can be ruled out, and the REDS can fully concentrate on the PC for the cause.

Honestly at this point I'm going to assume it's the TPP mod, and I'll either deal with it and just reload a quick save when it happens, or if it becomes too annoying uninstall the mod and see if that fixes it.

Thanks everyone for the input
Post automatically merged:

Just an update if anyone was interested.

I removed the Mod, so far, the camera has not glitched at all. Also, interestingly a few other issues seem to have improved.

1. Less pop in
2. Better loading and vehicle traffic density.
3. Better environmental detail, less glitchy textures.
4. Slightly better Frame Rate

Most of those things I chalked up to optimization issues and the fact I'm running a slightly older PC. Although it is still a relatively good one:
Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
16 Gigs Ram
GTX 1080

I might look into fixes for that mod see if anyone has a guide on optimization or edits that fix those problems and try reinstalling it. But for now, I didn't use it much anyway and the game is running much better, so I don't need it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom