Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
I tried again last night. Two hours of forcing myself to ignore something too obvious to ignore.

No, it just doesn't sound like fun, does it.

Some official reassurance would be nice, by now. Really, really nice.

The problem is, not enough people seem to be complaining about it, when you think how many people out there own a copy by now. This thread is approaching 5k in views yet only has 120 posts.

Like i said blinking in sync with the stutter works but i have to keep my eye lids lubricated after a few hours

Seriously though its a non play for me till this is fixed either that or no eye lids left due to wearing them out with 7200 blinks an hour ....

In great games little problems tend to stand out. The horse animation stuttering is killing me. Its only the walking and trotting animation. I didn't notice it right away but once you see it, it can't be unseen. The game is outstanding (maybe the best I've ever played) but you almost don't want to play because of this.

My question is how does this make it though months of polishing? This bug is multi-platform and common. While testing did no one actually walk/trot with a horse?

Has anyone at RED acknowledged this specific problem or have they lumped it with general stuttering which seems different to me? I worry if it doesn't get fixed with the next patch it won't fixed at all.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5I5EZB9aA

Specs:
i7 3770
EVGA GTX 970 FTW (lastest drivers)
16gb DDR3 800
Windows 7 64 bit

@P4NCH0theD0G

Thanks for setting up this thread

@Master_Tactician

I agree this needs to be addressed asap and also this needs to be made aware to the devs this is not gfx / system general stutter but rather animation or other in game code that is causing this ...

In great games little problems tend to stand out. The horse animation stuttering is killing me. Its only the walking and trotting animation. I didn't notice it right away but once you see it, it can't be unseen. The game is outstanding (maybe the best I've ever played) but you almost don't want to play because of this.

My question is how does this make it though months of polishing? This bug is multi-platform and common. While testing did no one actually walk/trot with a horse?

Has anyone at RED acknowledged this specific problem or have they lumped it with general stuttering which seems different to me? I worry if it doesn't get fixed with the next patch it won't fixed at all.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5I5EZB9aA

Specs:
i7 3770
EVGA GTX 970 FTW (lastest drivers)
16gb DDR3 800
Windows 7 64 bit

This is definitely not your usual stuttering,i have encountered similar things with other games and always had the good fortune of resolving it trough third-party apps.With Darksiders 2 for example there was a annoying stutter while you moved your character,by applying the borderlesswindow.app(open source) it alleviates that issue from happening,it wasn't a precise timed event like it is in this case.

When you walk around ( with the horse,without i can't see the same effect)an object it stutters at the same exact moment every time you do it.When panning while walking straight it does the same thing.I have send a support ticket with similar explanation only not about the borderlesswindow.app.I have tried it,it doesn't work.I do notice when applying window mode it stays a full screen mode,unless you restart the game.

Last edited:
Actualy the game has serious frame rate issues and the stutter is the second issue. The game stutters while not use the camera too, so the stutter is everywhere. The cutscenes have insane frame rate drops, all wild hunt cutscenes suffers with frame rate. Even small places like cave suffers frame rate. I did go to Keira's house and front house she talks with peasants. In this scene the scene works 30fps till a sand mist appears with wind, the scene drops to 20fps. Seems like some effects needs to be fixed for better frame rate. Also another slow downs in Keira bath scene, this scene suffers with frame rate too, when Keira starts moving in bath watter. Well I dont know, its realy sad that game suffers with that full frame/stutter issues. I hope CDPR will fix this, I cant play this game like this. DA:I has better high detailed fields no flat textures and the game works nice in PS4 on 30fps without frame rate drop or stutter. But it has cutscene stutter issues.

Actualy the game has serious frame rate issues and the stutter is the second issue. The game stutters while not use the camera too, so the stutter is everywhere. The cutscenes have insane frame rate drops, all wild hunt cutscenes suffers with frame rate. Even small places like cave suffers frame rate. I did go to Keira's house and front house she talks with peasants. In this scene the scene works 30fps till a sand mist appears with wind, the scene drops to 20fps. Seems like some effects needs to be fixed for better frame rate. Also another slow downs in Keira bath scene, this scene suffers with frame rate too, when Keira starts moving in bath watter. Well I dont know, its realy sad that game suffers with that full frame/stutter issues. I hope CDPR will fix this, I cant play this game like this. DA:I has better high detailed fields no flat textures and the game works nice in PS4 on 30fps without frame rate drop or stutter. But it has cutscene stutter issues.

True (stutter while NOT using the camera) it's less obvious though.

FPS dips are something else. Some effects need tweaking, or get Xbox style dynamic scaling on it.

Camera and animation hitching are there without any frame drops, as is the Xbox judder. Always there.

I have been asking anyone I can contact in any way from CD Red to please just post something here about this, but... well, by now I'm less interested in why it is happening (that's all too technical for me), I am simply amazed (and not in a good way), that the issue seems to fall under a Red Wall of Silence.
What could be the possible harm in someone official posting here to let us know they're working on it?

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

And do something about the stupid line breaks not working in the forum, too...

---------- Updated at 07:52 PM ----------

Looking around the web, I found a comment on a Youtube video showing the stutter on PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40i92-eKA0w

---------- Updated at 07:53 PM ----------

And one guy commented saying:
"Every single person I've asked to check if they notice the same problem, they've said yes they have. And that they just didn't notice it until someone pointed it out. It's easy to see the stuttering and just think you're getting low frames. I don't think it's rare at all."

Last edited:
And once guy commented saying: "Every single person I've asked to check if they notice the same problem, they've said yes they have. And that they just didn't notice it until someone pointed it out. It's easy to see the stuttering and just think you're getting low frames. I don't think it's rare at all."

Wow, ignorance really is bliss, how some people don't notice until it's pointed out to them I'll never know. I wish I was the same sometimes.

I suspect a lot of these people simply don't move the camera slowly, or use mostly the automated camera control from moving your character. If you quick-move the camera on the PS4 version, you only get a very slight stutter at the acceleration and deceleration (when you start moving the camera and when you stop) - which is already enough to start me raging, by now - but it's a lot less noticeable unless you specifically start looking for it.

I suspect a lot of these people simply don't move the camera slowly, or use mostly the automated camera control from moving your character. If you quick-move the camera on the PS4 version, you only get a very slight stutter at the acceleration and deceleration (when you start moving the camera and when you stop) - which is already enough to start me raging, by now - but it's a lot less noticeable unless you specifically start looking for it.

When playing with M/KB and cranking up the sensitivity it's less noticeable,i do believe they're trying to sort it out.
I mean look at the reports,the last thing they want is people stop playing the game,priority in development is
sorting out the issues that keeps you from playing it at all,still i think this is a high priority case.
I mean i haven't even asked about Yennefer,i refuse to play like this.

Wow, ignorance really is bliss, how some people don't notice until it's pointed out to them I'll never know. I wish I was the same sometimes.
It could depend on where your eyes naturally fall. If you look off into the distance when travelling and don't track the scene as the camera turns, turn in quick jerks of the mouse/controller, it's not as noticeable.

Or loads of undiagnosed cases of motion blindness.

Last edited:
Ha!!! try this LOL...

Take a walk with Roach and place yourself near a tree,right?...
Get off,now make a radius walking around the tree so you will have to go passed the horse in a 360 degree matter.
(stutter) Now walk to another tree without Roach and notice how it doesn't stutter,that horse should be named stutter lol.
or even better.. that same tree without the horse in the near vicinity.

Last edited:
Want some comedy relief? Check this thread out here (link below), starts at post #853, there's some people there actually trying to defend the judder when camera panning, unbelievable lol.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048842&page=18

Yeah,i have seen that before,Skyrim's fans were the worst of them all in that regard lol.

I'm stopping with testing,Vsync on in fullscreen suddenly screen tears.and it doesn't in borderless window lol.

Are you sure it's fullscreen?, some people are reporting that switching from borderless to fullscreen isn't always working. If not then yer... that's a bit odd to say the least, you shouldn't be getting any screen tearing with v-sync enabled, unless you have adaptive enabled by mistake or something.

Top Bottom