Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
PC i-5 3570K, GTX 980 SLI, 16GB RAM, SSD, Windows7 64; game version 1.02; Steam digital downloadExperiencing the same issue. I've tried pretty much every combination of settings from everything off and low res to ultra. I've also tested turning off one GPU and many other tweaks in the NV control panel. I've tried all the tweaks listed in the PC performance thread on this site, but no luck alleviating the issue.

And just to be clear, I don't begrudge PC Players their quicker patches or more options, but if you make a game for different platforms at least try to fix issues for all platforms simultaneously.

Don't blithely say you needed the money from the console release to make the game, then make it sound like all your team did since then was trying to make a PC Patch to improve their experience above all.

Yeah i wanted to report a similar thing with the PC version,while also people having the console version are reporting this problem.Stutter while panning on foot or horse riding,everything seems to be okay when running or galloping.

I really want to play this game,but this is really BUGGING me lol.

Boxed version,download from GOG 3570K @4Ghz GTX 770

BTW: Doesn't matter if it's a controller or KB/M

Last edited:
P4NCH0theD0G- "was sent to certification today (Wednesday 20th May)", this basically means the patch will be for all platforms as only the consoles have the certification process, it'll mean most likely the PC will get the patch earlier. But look on the bright side, I and others will be able to let you know if it's been fixed or not.

I have this issue too, although it's not game breaking (but the crashing while in inventory or bestiary is) I'm on PC, steam, 1.02, Windows 10 build 10122 ( had to reinstall Visual C++ 2012 update 4 to get it to launch) I have a gtx 760 sc and core i5 2500K 4.4ghz, I've played with various settings, I keep a lock at 30 fps, full screen mode, high textures and water, pretty much medium everthing else, no hairworks, ssao, no motion blur, bloom on, dof on, I never see a frame rate drop but I do notice the stutter no matter what.

I

i wonder what the hells wrong with it and if its a hard problem for them to fix, there silence says alot imo.

It's something in the game that's for sure,i couldn't imagine this being a GPU driver issue.

Edit: Can anyone else confirm by not using their camera stick on the controller or your mouse to look around
it's not doing it?This has to be related to a camera angle or something.Without using my right stick i no longer have that judder.That means using them both at the same time.

Control settings/Right stick Sensitivity-Camera 0 cannot move the slider,no wonder it judders

Scratch that,walk in a circle with some trees in between then it becomes really visible.I'm done enough testing lol

Last edited:
just read the digital foundry article and even after all this they dont even mention patching the console version as well, they just talk about pc the whole time. just tell us whats going on cdpr, i also dont belive half the shit they said, its so plainly obvious they didnt want to say anything till the game released so it doesnt affect sales

i do appreciate they addressed it though, just way to late

just read the digital foundry article and even after all this they dont even mention patching the console version as well, they just talk about pc the whole time. just tell us whats going on cdpr, i also dont belive half the shit they said, its so plainly obvious they didnt want to say anything till the game released so it doesnt affect sales

i do appreciate they addressed it though, just way to late

Of course they will,it would be bad for them if they didn't,and yes i hear what you're saying but let's wait and see what happens.

I'm not sure that moving the camera is the only issue here. There are some combat sequences that I've had in this game, where it's extremely difficult to tell what's going on. (Try fighting drowners in the swamps)

I'm thinking that this might be a frame rate issue as well as a camera issue. Or maybe it's just that the camera is moving and doing that juttering stuff as Geralt is fighting, creating the illusion that the game has a poor frame rate. It's hard to say.

Whatever it takes to make the game a smoother experience, I'm in favor of.

But either way, due to the choppy camera, or poor frame rate, or a combination of both, I've decided to wait a week or so to continue playing the game. It's just too hard to play like this. It hurts my eyes.

I'm on ps4 1.01 by the way.

It is definitely less noticeable if you let the game control the camera, like riding or swimming or just turning while walking without using the camera and letting the game control the view.
Sadly it still happens at times.

As to the certification time, I was wondering about that. But wouldn't that mean that the PC patch was done and they could apply it through the game client or Steam? Is there maybe a cert. time for Stean or GoG?

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but as Tom sang... "the waiting is the hardest part..."

Thanks everyone for the info and no thank you to you, REDs for not talking about this.

But a medium thank you for the patch :)

I'm not sure that moving the camera is the only issue here. There are some combat sequences that I've had in this game, where it's extremely difficult to tell what's going on. (Try fighting drowners in the swamps)

I'm thinking that this might be a frame rate issue as well as a camera issue. Or maybe it's just that the camera is moving and doing that juttering stuff as Geralt is fighting, creating the illusion that the game has a poor frame rate. It's hard to say.

Whatever it takes to make the game a smoother experience, I'm in favor of.

But either way, due to the choppy camera, or poor frame rate, or a combination of both, I've decided to wait a week or so to continue playing the game. It's just too hard to play like this. It hurts my eyes.

I'm on ps4 1.01 by the way.

Yeah,somewhat testing like this is even worse because you're specifically looking for it.

Have this problem.
i7 GTX780.
Thought it was a 60 fps breaking thing, but after i tested, the fps NEVER went below 60, clearly something else was wrong.

Hyperthreading on/off.
Pre rendered frames setting.
Vsync on/off.
30/60/unlimited fps.
And a ton more settings that didn't help.

I need the dews to fix this, stoped playing.

Good Morning, everyone.

REDs, please tell us if your upcoming patch adresses this issue. And if, for which platforms.

We're not trolling or making things up. Nor are we using choppy videos to annoy you just for the fun of it.

If we seem angry you should take that as a compliment to your work (well, the reason for this and other critical bugs excluded, obviously). But we care.

Otherwise, why would we bother?

I also have this judder/stuttering problem on xbox one. It also seems a little less obvious when letting the game control the camera. Can't really pan around and enjoy the nice scenery as it is. Also fighting is annoying with the stutters.

I've literally signed up to the forum to add to this thread:

Xbox One, UK Digital Copy, v1.01 it's installed on an External 1TB drive.

The game is unplayable, I've seen quite a few videos on this issue and the severity appears quite varied. Unfortuntely mine seems to be on the worse end of it. Running, riding, turning the camera gives me a headache, interestingly though during cutscenes that aren't prerendered seem to be fine!

I've also noticed that if I pan the camera slowly to cause the judder, the environment (moving grass and trees) doesn't do it. I don't think this is a framerate issue as such, but like someone mentioned before a framepacing one. Capped the FPS to 30 with help, but as soon as it dips below we'll likely see the issue again.

I have a few friends that have the game on their Xbox Ones and experience no judder at all, whether it's becuase they aren't sensitive to it is up for debate though.

At this stage, with all the silence around this game breaking bug (for me and a lot of others) I am tempted to request a refund as I feel the product isn't fit for use.

I get judder every second in Minecraft on the X1 too when panning the camera, I'd be interested to find out if other people with a X1 and Minecraft that have this issue also experiences judder in both games.

EDIT: Can someone from RED at least acknowledge this problem and that it's being worked on? Hearing that I'll hold off my refund.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom