Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
This is the second broken game I've bought for the Xbox this month. The first being the buggy abomination that is Project Cars. You've got 2 weeks Cd Projekt to release a patch for this juddering mess otherwise I will get a refund and be out for good. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling a bit ripped off by such a glaring fundamental issue.

I really do feel for the people running this on the xbone, the unlocked framerate along with the camera panning issue really must be unbearable :/

Same problem here PC gtx 770. Can't play the game like this. I don't rush these kinds of games, I always take my time and admire the views and details. With the game stuttering this bad when using the camera I can't enjoy any of that.
Everything else works just fine, fps is acceptable at 40 with high options. Stuttering is there with high and low graph options.

Keep this post bumped!

I capped the frame rate at 30 and the stuttering went away, I know 30 frames per second isn't ideal but the game feels a lot smoother than the jumpy 60 I was getting before. (GTX 970)

I created this account just to complain about this. What a pos game, it is literally unplayable. Do you really think they'll address this to the point of fixing it completely?. There will be minor improvements slowly accumulated over the next few patches but it wont get fixed. What a crime, enjoy my money you fking thieves.

Would take Skyrim's 10/10 backwards flying dragons over this constant micro stutter on the Xbox One. Can't play at all until this is fixed, makes me feel ill just looking at the screen, you can just feel it with your eyes nothing is smooth.

I really don't see how such a critical component of the experience got through QA like this.
It's completely taken me out of the experience, I just can't turn a blind eye to it. PC here, 60 fps solid, capping to 30 fps makes it twice as bad.
Hope they can fix it ASAP.

Since the PS4 version is locked at 30fps, shouldn't it be the same way for Xbox One too? I never understood why it's going as high as 40fps at times, or maybe it wasn't supposed to be that way. Just something i kept wondering.
Most likely the PS4 version is running standard double buffered rendering (with V-Sync) instead of the X1 version running triple buffered rendering (also with V-Sync).

The PS4 version isn't capped. It just can't go over 30 frames per second unless one of those frames are rendered in less than 16.67ms.Which is unlikely to happen.

I took the game on X1. I'm on the verge of returning it (god bless retail). It's literally unplayable. I'm getting actual headaches after a few minutes of play.

And I wonder if the fact that so few people seem to be bothered (not even the devs obviously) couldn't be related to the kind of display they use. Like their TV is set to "image enhancement something" that basically butchers every pixel produced by the renderer but do some scam 120hz motion interpolation stuff that actually helps smooth out this judder.

After thinking about it I've decided to jump ship. I'll be getting a refund today. Will have another look in a couple of months if the judder issue has been patched properly. Adios Amigos, hope it gets sorted for you soon.

After thinking about it I've decided to jump ship. I'll be getting a refund today. Will have another look in a couple of months if the judder issue has been patched properly. Adios Amigos, hope it gets sorted for you soon.
I would probably do the same if I had the option, I doubt I can get a refund from GOG digital copy.

Having read the Digital Foundry article on performance across all platforms they do at least mention the camera stutter although they don't go into any detail.

"Overall, CD Projekt Red's legacy as a developer is deeply entrenched in PC, and to a great extent it shows in this version's extras. Everything from hair physics to broader draw distances make it a cut above console - a sharper, richer-looking release that also benefits from superior textures and effects. The ability to hit and hold 60fps is, to our minds, the PC's best advantage though. Even with its camera stutters, combat is far more responsive than the console's circa-30fps, and on limited GPUs we'd gladly give up the above visual extras up for it."

Although they could be referring to something entirely else.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-face-off

---------- Updated at 10:25 AM ----------

I would probably do the same if I had the option, I doubt I can get a refund from GOG digital copy.

"MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. 30 days coverage after purchase." From the witcher 3 buy page off GOG.

Last edited:
The fact that this thread has been up for 3 days, 111 replies, 4180 views, and still not one RED employee has commented on these issues is disappointing. They had an extra 4-5 months to iron out everything before release yet these painstakingly obvious issues slipped through. This game is sitting on my desk not being played, i'm still waiting to play this game, properly.

In worst case scenario, I still have a month to get a refund from Amazon. What bothers me is that I naively cought up for the expansion pass a few days ago...

In 30 years of gaming, I've met my share of performance issues. But it's truly the first time that I experience such a weird, choppy camera which seems completely unrelated to the framerate. What should be a trivial bug is destroying any sense of immersion I was initially having, and that's not the kind of bug you expect to meet in a 2015 game, especially on console.

Horse stutter at walking speed confined here too tested on 4 pc's and 1 ps 4 all have same issue

4 pc's all on latest patch 3 bought at GOG 1 Steam

Ps4 latest patch bought on-line

Yep reported 3 days ago

holding off playing until patched yes sad i know but for me spoils the whole experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5I5EZB9aA

Hard to see in the video but i have the exact same issue you are on about its worse in game vid capture does not capture it as bad ...it seems it could be the horse animation for sure ...its extremely annoying and is a spoil for the game for me ..i have tried many many setting no avail definitely game based horse animation problem ...lets hope they fix this as i also like to trot around slow admiring the environment....otherwise this really does spoil it ...Please fix CD Project Pretty Please

Last edited:
The horse walking stutter was the first thing, i had recognized when i started the game. I don't understand how this bug made it in the final release. I hope this is not getting the next Far Cry 4 for me.... Come on RED, give us some kind of reaction.

Last edited:
FOUND FIX ALL PLATFORMS FOR HORSE STUTTER *****

Basically while on horseback riding slow the stutter happens every half second ...now if you blink every half second in time with the stutter problem solved ...been playing now for 13 hours non stop and happy i have found this fix but man do my eyes and brain hurt .....Sry had to do it....

But seriously RED please confirm this issue is going to be fixed as i am not playing due to this and if its not then a refund is my only option ...shame really as it looks a great game

The omnipresence of judder on all platforms makes me think they most likely do not take into account the expected frame swap time (or frame hit time depending on how you look at it).

Worse, it may very well be possible that their basis for movement integration is the frame render time, which in case of heavy frame variance (that would be very likely in a game like this, open world/streaming and all that) would lead to even more judder even with hitting a capped framerate, be it the usual 60hz or an artificial 30hz cap.

Looks like their engine programmers have some work to do ...

For sure they have work to do it really amazes me this past quality with these kind of stutters ..Most likely the animation that is causing the stutter so yes the engine programmers are going to be busy ....and i am more than sure they knew about this ...It seems to me they may have extended them selves with workload across the platforms .....I have hope they will fix but some acknowledgement would be nice

Last edited:
IIRC The Witcher 2 suffered from similar issues. Not sure if they ever fixed it. I had to rely to modding at the time to get rid of it (a d3d9.dll hack if memory serves).

IIRC The Witcher 2 suffered from similar issues. Not sure if they ever fixed it. I had to rely to modding at the time to get rid of it (a d3d9.dll hack if memory serves).

Yeah according to the fix is does have an effect on the rendering time,which acknowledges the out of sync animation.Well if i'm interpreting it the right way.

Top Bottom