Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
There goes all hope then. Means after this patch we got to wait another week or 2, still can't get my head round how they've had 2 delays, and they thought it was ready for release.

we shall separate FRAMETIMES(microstuttering) problem , JUDDERING camera problem and broken animation.
1st problems = perfomance problem and can't be fixes easely.
but JUDDERING camera - i don't know how it's possible to do that. its a first game with such bug.
i tried AS UNITY - ok with panning camera
tried gta 5 -ok,
tried TW2 -ok.

for example this screen
NO STUTTERING, but juddering while panning

and i hope, that developers also separates this cases

Attachments

• d41242b80eb1.png
    d41242b80eb1.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 57
As there's still no official recognition of this I requested a refund from MS which they have kindly done for me, it's a shame I can see this being a great game, maybe I'll pick it up a second hand copy in 6 months time after this has been sorted (if it ever does, Minecraft didn't fix the judder btw).

Shame, all I wanted was an employee to say they are aware of this and are fixing it, even without a solid eta would have been nice.

Good luck guys

we shall separate FRAMETIMES(microstuttering) problem , JUDDERING camera problem and broken animation.
1st problems = perfomance problem and can't be fixes easely.
but JUDDERING camera - i don't know how it's possible to do that. its a first game with such bug.
i tried AS UNITY - ok with panning camera
tried gta 5 -ok,
tried TW2 -ok.

for example this screen
NO STUTTERING, but juddering while panning

and i hope, that developers also separates this cases

There's also persisent judder affecting the Xbox version while the frame rate is above 30 fps. That may be resolved with a 30 fps limit.

There's also persisent judder affecting the Xbox version while the frame rate is above 30 fps
i can lock frame rate to 25(pc ofc) in other games and panning camera will be nice, without judder.
i repeat, juddering camera is gamepad--->game problem.

that is a reason why most of pc gamers dont notice juddering.
k+m doesn't allow to panning well

sry my eng

Same problem with steam versions (Patch 1.03) and gog versions (Patch 1.03) again tested on 4 other pc's and 1 ps4 same issue..

What i do not understand is that non of the reviews picked up on this seems non of these game reviewers care or there just blind to see what's in front of them ...strange as its there job to find these kind of issues and give us a true review ...yes i am more than sure this is a great game and i appreciate there work on such a game .... but for me its unplayable until fixed

They need to acknowledge us in this thread otherwise refund is my only option and re purchase once its been resolved
3 other friends doing the same re refund ps4 friend wants to play so will put up with it ....he should not have too ...non of us should

Last edited:
Same problem with steam versions (Patch 1.03) and gog versions (Patch 1.03) again tested on 4 other pc's and 1 ps4 same issue..

They need to acknowledge us in this thread otherwise refund is my only option and re purchase once its been resolved
3 other friends doing the same re refund ps4 friend wants to play so will put up with it ....he should not have too non of us should

I asked the vendor what my scenario would be if i wanted a refund and he said " There's no issue from our side and it's purely software based which doesn't fall under
warranty,which is also stated in EULA " So when you have the boxed PC version you're pretty much !@#$%^&.
I'm not worried yet,it's still something that could be fixed and if it doesn't then well i'm pretty sure they're committing hara-kiri for future games.

i can lock frame rate to 25(pc ofc) in other games and panning camera will be nice, without judder.

sry my eng
Yes, but you'd get uneven frame pacing with 25 fps at 60hz. The problem on Xbox is not only camera/controller and animation hitches. A 30 fps cap should help Xboxers.

Do you get the same controller judder when scrolling the map?

sry my eng

Yep, It's quite playable with a keyboard and mouse. Infact, if this issue is not fixed within the next patch I'll just have to start using the keyboard and mouse instead as the wait is getting extremely frustrating.

Same issue here and with all my friends.

I dont know what is worst. Play this great game wth this annoying stutter camera or have to wait for a doubt patch.
At least a word from the makers please.

I'd love to play. I actually managed to force myself to sit through the Griffin fight, but I just cannot enjoy it.

No matter why the camera stutter happens, it has completely ruined the experience for me.

And I am, by now, quite frustrated, especially knowing that the next patch will NOT address the issue, and suspecting, going by RED's reluctance to comment on it, that they not yet figured out a way to fix it.

Same issue on PC (GOG version with 1.03 patch). I play in almost stable 60 fps, so this stuttering is very noticeable.

I refuse to play until this camera juddery is fixed. This game is too good to be ruined with such a moodkiller. I've waited so long for this game that I can wait some more. I hope they fix it soon though.

just no excuse is there really, look at the posts in this forum, they have pretty much responded to all threads with 5 stars, but have compeltyl ignored this one, are they really that stupid, did they not learn from ubisofts mistakes, no repsect for them at all, till they at least respond to this thread directly

Your brain gets used to this hitching after a while, subconciously learning where to look and how to move. Maybe that happened during development and so they forgot to fix it.

Witcher vision blurs the edges of the screen, forcing focus into the slower moving distance. Relief.

the stutter is so bad once you leave white orchard..its ruining my experience and i don't want to play anymore. I'm regretting buying the digital version and i even bought the season pass...if this isn't fixed i will be seriously disappointed and will never support this developer again (even though it won't matter much to them)

Your brain gets used to this hitching after a while, subconciously learning where to look and how to move. Maybe that happened during development and so they forgot to fix it.

Witcher vision blurs the edges of the screen, forcing focus into the slower moving distance. Relief.

If you counter hitch the other way you'll even out the balance XD

I have never experienced this with any other game,sure some sort of stutter but this is the worst i have experienced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom