Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
Omfg, really? I've not even left white Orchard and I can't stand it

yes i have it for ps4 and up until then i thought the game ran good. but once you leave there its like constant framerate and jutter issues. I had to go back to white orchard to make sure i wasn't crazy and then i immediately noticed how much walking around and fighting things feels better in white orchard.

The PS4 game drops straight to 20 fps with any dip below 30. Double buffer v-sync.

EG frame rate analysis. You can see what's going with the frame-time graph, why it doesn't look smooth (at all on Xbox).

Last edited:
+1 with that thread... i tried again to play that game a bit today.. but the camera stutter just totaly killed my eyes after 20-30min of game play. nearly had a headache.
I just cant stand that game.... ( and i have no issue while playing others games for serverals hours )

PC version here. The game performs well except for the annoying judder.

With nothing going on I have a constant judder when rotating camera, even on locked 30fps, not tooo annoying, however if I am riding on horse and loading new villages I get a lot of stutter which is more annoying.

Doesn't seem like it's streaming assets efficiently. Would be nice if CDPR commented on this.

We`re all kinda hoping for some news on this front. Then again, it's a long weekend in Europe, a holiday on Monday, so... let's give them a bit of rest. I may be pretty angry about not being able to play the game, but I'm sure they have families and loved ones that would like to see them, too. Doesn't change the fact that I'd like for them to comment on this, but I'll give them this weekend...

Your brain gets used to this hitching after a while, subconciously learning where to look and how to move. Maybe that happened during development and so they forgot to fix it.

There is nothing worse in a situation like ours where we start making up reasons for Red because we are left guessing as to what Red is thinking and doing. I was taught never let anyone guess for themselves, because people make up their own mind about what's going on.
How Red thinks this issue is to be met with a wall of silence is a good thing is beyond all of us in this thread, people are refunding, they are losing sales because they are silent. The game is not up to standard for a new release, there are no excuses.

Hey all,

Thank you very much for all the reports, it means a world to us. Just to let you know, we are aware of the issue with stuttering camera and it is now being looked into by our devs.

Please keep in mind that after release the internet exploded with feedback and we're doing our best to keep up with it, so forgive us if a response to a specific issue is sometimes delayed.

Happy hunting, witchers!

This problem is extremely frustrating.

I've forced myself to side step the problem by aggressively flicking the right stick to look around (which is apparently how the rest of the world plays games.) It's slightly better than the juddery mess of the more civilized use of the right stick, but still horrible. This doesn't fix aiming with the crossbow, though.

Hey all,

Thank you very much for all the reports, it means a world to us. Just to let you know, we are aware of the issue with stuttering camera and it is now being looked into by our devs.

Please keep in mind that after release the internet exploded with feedback and we're doing our best to keep up with it, so forgive us if a response to a specific issue is sometimes delayed.

Happy hunting, witchers!
Thanks for that reassurance.

Are you looking into the more persistant, not slowdown related judder on Xbox as well?

Hey all,

Happy hunting, witchers!

Thank you for acknowledging the issue, though very late. Will not be refunding my game for now, will wait for the patch.

All well and good, but being qa tester how didn't you notice it? That's the big question, also like the other guy I've resorted to Flicking the camera round quickly, not enjoying the game because of it, thx for replying to hough

Last edited:
Hey all,

Happy hunting, witchers!

Thanks Vintage for the late response (better late than never) ...yes i understand your all busy with release and all but as other peeps have said and myself is how did this pass QA .....

I have not played and will not be playing along with four other friends until this is resolved and i am sure there are more out there that doing the same ....

i my self will hold off the refund along with others and hope this is fixed in the next patch ...

What i do know is there is a large group of people that never pre order or buy a game upon release because of this reason BUGS i myself will start doing the same ...What i do not understand at all is how non of the reviewers picked up on this as to me its a major problem with the immersion of the game....

Again thanks for the response and i am sure this will be resolved but as you can imagine me along with many others out there where all a little miffed not being able to play
yes it works but its an immersion game-play killer thats for sure....

Last edited:
Hey all,

Happy hunting, witchers!

Thank you for the response, it has put my mind at ease a little knowing it's at least being looked into.

Hey all,

Happy hunting, witchers!

It's alive!!!! ALIVEEEEE,lol

Oh i have noticed the implosion,i wonder how this got passed QA though.

Yeah, it at least makes them better than ubisoft , who never replied, and never fixed far cry on pc, I'll be more greatfull wen it's fixed

Also the fact he specifically said, camera stutter, does give me hope too, means they've now officially acknowledged it to me

Last edited:
Just to let you know, we are aware of the issue with stuttering camera and it is now being looked into by our devs.

The way I interpret this is they are just "now" looking into the issue, and with this new patch that has no mention of it as I saw, it will likely be in patch 1.05, but who knows. I assume when the console patch goes live they will send another certification for patch 1.04 which will take another week. We may end up waiting for 2 weeks.

Top Bottom