Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
I don't care what people say about panning lol,either it's the controller or kb/m i have never seen it this bad.Fallout 3 far from perfect game didn't have this,Skyrim which had numerous issues didn't have this problem.

I have, I had a very similar issue with COJ:Gunslinger and it was never fixed on my end. It was even noticeable with mouse, only way i could deal with it was to up the mouse sens stupid high. BUT, that's the only other game I've come across to have this pos issue, that and witcher 3 :}

PS: updated game today and it crashed my system after 5 mins.. Rolled back to 1.03 lol.

Last edited:
@GeehWiz I was referring to someone saying that this (the camera stutter) is the biggest issue/bug with the game... :p And that depends on how you play. If you always jerk the camera around at high-speeds you probably won't notice it (as much), and as such will regard it as much less significant than other issues... Just sayin' :D

---------- Updated at 11:58 PM ----------

Man, that last smiley is not the one I intended to have there... Makes the whole sentence not as I meant it :/

Hopefully a simple 30 fps limit can fix much of this, and such a thing makes the update.

I'm not sure a 30fps limit would help, since PS4 has the same issue and is already at a 30fps limit.
Still. it certainly would be beneficial to cap it at 30, i have no idea why it wasn't capped in the first place.. Perhaps it was a mistake. xD

Yeah I've been playing on pc for a long time and cannot stand a fluctuating framer are, so I feel for xbox users having both issues, but on the upside they have better overall fps, if they get the 30 cap, it'll perform better than ps4, and all because of SONYS bullshit 1080P MARKETING

i feel like now devs feel forced to make it 1080p at the cost of framerate

Last edited:
@GeehWiz I was referring to someone saying that this (the camera stutter) is the biggest issue/bug with the game... :p And that depends on how you play. If you always jerk the camera around at high-speeds you probably won't notice it (as much), and as such will regard it as much less significant than other issues... Just sayin' :D

---------- Updated at 11:58 PM ----------

Man, that last smiley is not the one I intended to have there... Makes the whole sentence not as I meant it :/

Yeah i know,it wasn't really questioning your comment but rather me giving some examples.

For ages I was tweaking the settings thinking I was having frame rate issue. But I finally figured out that the game suffers from a SERIOUS stutter issue when panning the camera slowly. Searched it and found this thread. Glad I am not going crazy or the only one having the issue. But I REALLY hope they fix it soon.

In a game this beautiful where I want to pan slowly ALL THE TIME, it is KILLING ME! Game is so freaking awesome. But this one silly bug is breaking my immersion so bad!

I know, Ghee, I know. Also, if you're listening RED Devs (Ha! :) ) (that's a phonetic joke, people!), you better make sure PS4 gets a steady frame rate AND great graphics. AND no camera stutter in the next patch... Please?

Temp "fix" -kinda

Just for the lulz I tried to mess around with xpadder to emulate the mouse on the right stick, and it actually makes the camera a bit better. The pros and cons are that you cant disable the controller in-game, so the camera will use the legit built-in profile at the same time as it emulates the mouse, so in that sense its a bit messy using the "real" right-stick and mouse at the same time moving the camera. It still judders a bit, but now it's tiny bit better IMO. Try it your self. The pros are the same thing, cus now you can still use the standard controller layout for other actions to play and only emulate the mouse. This will get you constant popups on the left lower corner that you "controller scheme has changed" but if you are willing to live with that you can try this method for a temporary "fix".

Recorded a test quickly to demonstrate it: https://youtu.be/6wfcWNYeP7Q

Attachments

• witcher3-2015-05-26-12-04-17-43.jpg
    witcher3-2015-05-26-12-04-17-43.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Just for the lulz I tried to mess around with xpadder to emulate the mouse on the right stick, and it actually makes the camera a bit better. The pros and cons are that you cant disable the controller in-game, so the camera will use the legit built-in profile at the same time as it emulates the mouse, so in that sense its a bit messy using the "real" right-stick and mouse at the same time moving the camera. It still judders a bit, but now it's tiny bit better IMO. Try it your self. The pros are the same thing, cus now you can still use the standard controller layout for other actions to play and only emulate the mouse. This will get you constant popups on the left lower corner that you "controller scheme has changed" but if you are willing to live with that you can try this method for a temporary "fix".

Do you see an improvement with the horse animation as well?,nice effort btw.

Well its kinda the same. I need to play around with deadzones a bit more, cus now super-slow camerapans are actually worse for some reason. But yeah this is really not that good of a solution anyway. Official fix should come asap. If we could force-disable the controller support then we could make a whole profile in xpadder to emulate KB+M.

Marcin Momot just confirmed Xbox One 30fps lock should be in the upcoming patch. This is some good new for Xbox owners.
Fantastic. That would make a big difference here.

One positive about the Xbox unlocked frame rate, is that the camera and animation stutter is lost in it.

Last edited:
Marcin Momot just confirmed Xbox One 30fps lock should be in the upcoming patch. This is some good new for Xbox owners.

That's good news on the X1 front,

Hi,

Could you specify what kind of FPS drop you experience? Most precise values would be appriciated.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]
It's not related to FPS,it happens with a solid 60/30,it does not matter.
There's something specifically wrong with the horse animation when you're
walking at an easy pace as this guy explains,it seems to be a loop.
Vsync off,all window options all settings variable from low to high it does not matter
none of the updates tried with all updates in any order (there might be an issue
with the update that's needed to activate the pre-load i don't know i can't test it)
Tried all kinds of third-party apps,tried all kinds of settings trough the NV panel.
It's not something you can fix with the given options.
[/FONT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5I5EZB9aA

This is my reply to the e-mail i got back from the support ticket,i can't explain it any better.

Thanks for the post mate, it never occurred to me to try xpadder. I had tried JoyToKey to emulate mouse input but that was giving me hitching (It happened on the desktop as well so wasn't the game, it was JoyToKey itself giving the stutter).

So I tried xpadder along with a config tweak changing the in game controller sensitivity to 0 (doesn't get rid of in game sensitivity completely, but close) and this is the result - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxwGd3FDaw (watch in 60fps)

It works great for slow panning (what we are all after) but what's funny is that it gives worse stutter for fast motion rotations compared to the default game!

Thanks for the post mate, it never occurred to me to try xpadder. I had tried JoyToKey to emulate mouse input but that was giving me hitching (It happened on the desktop as well so wasn't the game, it was JoyToKey itself giving the stutter).

So I tried xpadder along with a config tweak changing the in game controller sensitivity to 0 (doesn't get rid of in game sensitivity completely, but close) and this is the result - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxwGd3FDaw (watch in 60fps)

It works great for slow panning (what we are all after) but what's funny is that it gives worse stutter for fast motion rotations compared to the default game!

have you seen a better experience with the horse as well?

Man... I would love some news on this... Specifically official news. My head is spinning from work and I need a game to relax and lose myself in. Destiny is too much like work itself and I was really looking forward to W3.

Messing about with XPadder is a good idea, if you figure out Deadzone settings please post them here. I have a Chronus/Titan Dongle (to use the DS4 and the triggers on my PS3) and that has a few options, me thinks.

But seriously, how hard can it be to fix this? And why wasn't it... oh, never mind. Makes no difference. Just getting a bit frustrated... :(

have you seen a better experience with the horse as well?

I think the horse animation problem can only be fixed by the devs, or maybe a really skilled modder.

That's another reason it's so annoying. When playing on PC I'm more patient with problems that I can find workarounds for, i.e. performance tweaks, rolling back drivers, reloading saves, etc. But this problem has no solution outside of RED.

Last edited:
Top Bottom