Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
I think the horse animation problem can only be fixed by the devs, or maybe a really skilled modder.

That's another reason it's so annoying. When playing on PC I'm more patient with problems that I can find workarounds for, i.e. performance tweaks, rolling back drivers, reloading saves, etc. But this problem has no solution outside of RED.

I agree, don't even mind helping it's just i have no idea what to do now,i browsed trough many settings and
.ini's but it's probably not something you can adjust without having access to the source code.

I am no programmer but i assume the horse and the rest of the environment around are seperate and when the horse amin loops it losing sync with the environment hence the skip ...it may be a pain to fix or maybe simple but like i say i am no programmer....Even if the the horses animation was stopped so floating not moving but moving if you know what i mean and fixed the stutter i could live with that

if i could would love to stop the horse anim just to try

I am no programmer but i assume the horse and the rest of the environment around are seperate and when the horse amin loops it losing sync with the environment hence the skip ...it may be a pain to fix or maybe simple but like i say i am no programmer....Even if the the horses animation was stopped so floating not moving but moving if you know what i mean and fixed the stutter i could live with that

if i could would love to stop the horse anim just to try

var float lol,i wouldn't know what the actual code is but indeed it's not an adjustment of a single line.

---------- Updated at 08:36 PM ----------

Looking at the constant bugs and issues pouring in i believe it's better for me to shelf this game for a while.

var float lol,i wouldn't know what the actual code is but indeed it's not an adjustment of a single line.

---------- Updated at 08:36 PM ----------

Looking at the constant bugs and issues pouring in i believe it's better for me to shelf this game for a while.

Would take a floating horse any day than that half a second stutter :)

Re bugs it does seems doing consoles was too much work taken on board for the CDPR team i know they needed too re funding ect but still ...yes mine is shelved at the moment ...

Mine as well. Well, mine resides on my PS4 hard drive being about 35 GB of useless digital copy for now, but the meaning still applies... I think :D

---------- Updated at 11:36 PM ----------

Come on, RED. Do that thing you do with that code and fix these issues, hencewith. Or forthwith.

Mine as well. Well, mine resides on my PS4 hard drive being about 35 GB of useless digital copy for now, but the meaning still applies... I think :D

---------- Updated at 11:36 PM ----------

Come on, RED. Do that thing you do with that code and fix these issues, hencewith. Or forthwith.

So i assume the PS4 update didn't fix it?

i definitely think so. its not as bad in the white orchard. gets worse in velen which also has a worse performance

Theeeeeeee horse is a horse of course of course < -- man that has such a hilarious double meaning now XD.
The problem is i can notice a twitch while riding the horse without even moving the right stick on the 360 controller = camera(PC).

PS4: v. 1.03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZrtXXeJb6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkvmQijlJlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmEqdWrECA

As you can see, especially in the last, short video, it's still present on PS4 after v.1.03.

I tried doing some different things, standing, walking, riding (interesting for the Horse Stutterers), looking up in the sky or looking at the ground (both of which should increase performance due to less stuff on screen to be rendered).

Sometimes th stutter was better, sometimes it was worse, mostly it was as before.

I don't know why. :(

Well were gonna be waiting a long time, next patch won't be till next week at the earliest, then 1.05 gonna be 2 weeks time if we're lucky and even then doubt it'll be fixed, I'm so angry.

Actually, I suspect that they will wait until 1.05 is out for PC, hopefully including that fix, then combine 1.04 and 1.05 together for a bigger console patch. At least, I am hoping that's the way they'll do it... But yes, it's getting a bit frustrating... :(

I've noticed a kind of camera stutters (like horse throttling) when geralt FROM stand-up OR walk GO TO runs. I've tested with PC and PS4 and both have this issue. Others noticed it in your games? Please report with quote me.

I've noticed a kind of camera stutters (like horse throttling) when geralt FROM stand-up OR walk GO TO runs. I've tested with PC and PS4 and both have this issue. Others noticed it in your games? Please report with quote me.

All of us in the thread have these issues, a Red employee said they are aware of the issue and are working on it now, we suspect patch 1.05 will be the fix, hopefully.

Everybody has it ps4 xbox pc ....most peeps either do not notice ...are not bothered ...or the run a round like an headless chickens peeps would not see it ...

For peeps who like to take there time and admire such a great land scape at there own pace are the ones that are suffering the most ....It seems cdpr are the headless chicken types to not have notice this glitch....but then once you have been working on a game for over 3 years who would want to go at a snail pace but then thats why we have game tester or better still we have game reviewers who had early access but did not report on this so called glitch...

Please note to all that read its not your console or pc hardware or drivers that is causing the the issue its code / animations and this can only be fixed by the team themselves ..so lets hope they do ....

i choose not to play until its fixed

Last edited:
All of us in the thread have these issues, a Red employee said they are aware of the issue and are working on it now, we suspect patch 1.05 will be the fix, hopefully.

Everybody has it ps4 xbox pc ....most peeps either do not notice ...are not bothered ...or the run a round like an headless chickens peeps would not see it ...

For peeps who like to take there time and admire such a great land scape at there own pace are the ones that are suffering the most ....It seems cdpr are the headless chicken types to not have notice this glitch....but then once you have been working on a game for over 3 years who would want to go at a snail pace but then thats why we have game tester or better still we have game reviewers who had early access but did not report on this so called glitch...

Please note to all that read its not your console or pc hardware or drivers that is causing the the issue its code / animations and this can only be fixed by the team themselves ..so lets hope they do ....

i choose not to play until its fixed

Thanks for your feedback guys, i choose don't play until CDPR fix this issue. I love see lanscape and this camera problems break immersion into games.

I hope fix it soon...but i haven't full trust in "soon".

My mind is consumed by stutter,need to play other games ATM.This game made me question about release purchases though.Not that's it's the only one it's just way TOO many these days,in this case i can somewhat understand them being an independent studio.

BTW:I'm appreciating all the extra content and all the stickers,even having the boxed version,
having access to all of that it's just that damn stutter that ruins it all.

Last edited:
The fact that the game was released with the stutter issue is disgusting. I am extremely frustrated that I have to now wait for ANOTHER patch that most likely won't even solve the problem.
Either way I hope they fix it soon.

I should be able to stop my character and pan around him without the camera having a freaking seizure. It is the most basic thing in the game!! Yes the game is gorgeous with out a doubt but it is completely ruined with the stuttering camera issue.
OK END RANT

I am playing on a brand new Sharp Aquos 60 inch 120HZ and I can notice the stutter A LOT
is anyone playing on a smaller tv seeing it less? I wonder if it is due to screen size?

Last edited:
I play at 23" Asus 144Hz and Camera issues is very obvious.
So Keep Calm and Wait a patch... if at the next patch this issues is not correct it's time of Madness and Disdain, Tedd Deireadh, the Final Age.
Time of blood and axes (cit.)
I try to joke with philosophy, I'm also quite angry like you guys:
Please CDPR don't disappoint us!

Top Bottom