Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
The fact that the game was released with the stutter issue is disgusting. I am extremely frustrated that I have to now wait for ANOTHER patch that most likely won't even solve the problem.
Either way I hope they fix it soon.

I should be able to stop my character and pan around him without the camera having a freaking seizure. It is the most basic thing in the game!! Yes the game is gorgeous with out a doubt but it is completely ruined with the stuttering camera issue.
OK END RANT

I am playing on a brand new Sharp Aquos 60 inch 120HZ and I can notice the stutter A LOT
is anyone playing on a smaller tv seeing it less? I wonder if it is due to screen size?

I highly doubt it,even people with Gsync have this issue.

CDPR Devs have only addressed the SMALL issues in the latest patch.
Yes those small ting matter like combusting gas clouds, and the gwent stuff BUT at the same time there are many people who can't even play the game due to frame rate issues and the stuttering camera.
Let me make my case… I playing the Witcher 3 this morning I was in the forest on my horse (Roach) and the frame rate was okay (not anything good but it was playable) then it started rain gin and the trees started blowing around and reacting to the weather effects. Thats when my frame rates dip down considerably. Even my girl friend who was watching the game asked what just happened to the game! She isn't even into games nor does she care..but when someone who isn't even playing the game notices a dip that bad its a real issue.
Here is another point I want to make.. after I finished playing the witched 3 this morning and dealing with the horrible frame rate issue sI decided to turn on GTA 5..the difference in frame rate was night and day. GTA runs smooth as butter. no frame rate drops or stuttering camera issues. Even while being chased by the police!
this shows that the PS4 has plenty of power to run the Witcher 3 in a constant 30 Frames per Second BUT for some reason there is more going on under the hood of the actual game engine itself. While I have a ton of respect for CDPR and what they have accomplished it makes it painful to have perfectly good game sitting on my PS4 hard rive ready to be played and explored but I can't play it due to the experience being ruined because of these issues.
At this point I am going to wait for the issues to be fixed which could be weeks or even months which really really sucks :/

yes I am upset and would love to throw around profanities at the debs for releasing the game in such condition BUT that is not productive. instead I would like to hear other peoples perspectives on this issues and their experiences.

Cheers!

Experiencing the same camera bug as everyone else, but the 1.03 patch (PS4) did improve the performance by a lot to me it seems. In and outside the combat feels smoother to me. Crows Perch and even Croockback Bog are less laggy. Yes, they still haven't fixed the camera yet but the performance improvements have made it a bit more bearable to me. Enough to pick it back up from the shelf and resume playing! :D

Update: after a little gander around Novigrad I think I realized that they have also fixed the issue with transparencies. Before, if I looked at a fire with lots of smoke, the games frame rate went to shit, now it's no longer a problem!

Last edited:
It's official. I've stopped playing until they fix the animation stutter. I got up to Novigrad which was fine because I didn't really ride Roach in the city. But now that I'm about to start the next part of the story its a good time to stop.

Hopefully I didn't wait too long to stop. If RED takes forever I may have to start over :wallbash:

Pray 4 Patch 1.05!!!

The camera sturtter problem while using gamepad is completly destroying my experience. I can understand and even be patient with some rare and unexpected bugs, but not when a company launch a game with so evident ones like the gamepad sturtter problem.

I won't keep playing this game till this gets fixed. And of course, I won't pre-purchase any of their games again in the future. Sorry but I like to play games and not betatest them.

That being said, at least I appreciate how fast they are working to fix the game.

The camera sturtter problem while using gamepad is completly destroying my experience. I can understand and even be patient with some rare and unexpected bugs, but not when a company launch a game with so evident ones like the gamepad sturtter problem.

I won't keep playing this game till this gets fixed. And of course, I won't pre-purchase any of their games again in the future. Sorry but I like to play games and not betatest them.
That being said, at least I appreciate how fast they are working to fix the game.

It is good how fast they're getting out patches. You can tell they're working hard to get them out. There's just that one fix everyone is waiting for (PC/PS4/X1).

Pray 4 Roach!

I just hope it will be fixed in next patch, so I can start playing.
And thanks to all others beta testing at the moment, sorting out the bugs.

Well, here's to hope turning into what we actually hope for... :D Also, an update on progress would be nice from the RED side...

---------- Updated at 05:02 AM ----------

And I STILL can't edit my forum posts, or use Line breaks in the forums, as long as I'm on the PC. Works fine on Mobile Chrome, though...

Well, here's to hope turning into what we actually hope for... :D Also, an update on progress would be nice from the RED side...

---------- Updated at 05:02 AM ----------

And I STILL can't edit my forum posts, or use Line breaks in the forums, as long as I'm on the PC. Works fine on Mobile Chrome, though...

Yes lets hope i am sure it will be fixed ..........but what really bugs me no pun intended is that non of the review sites picked up on this ...its there damn job to do so a little pissed with all of them ...yes i understand they have to be careful saying certain things as it can destroy a games rep i wish CDPR all the best with there games but truth is this bug should not be here the game testers should have found it or are the testers and game reviews blind to see these things ........... is there any reviews that picked up on this as all the ones i have been reading did not.....

Last edited:
Yes lets hope i am sure it will be fixed ..........but what really bugs me no pun intended is that non of the review sites picked up on this ...its there damn job to do so a little pissed with all of them ...yes i understand they have to be careful saying certain things as it can destroy a games rep i wish CDPR all the best with there games but truth is this bug should not be here the game testers should have found it or are the testers and game reviews blind to see these things ........... is there any reviews that picked up on this as all the ones i have been reading did not.....

That's because we are the minority, out of the millions of copies they sold, only a small portion of people are affected. Some friends of mine do not have the issue at all, I've seen it for myself on their Xbox.

As stated earlier in the thread, I've got a refund for my copy (thanks MS) and will keep it that way until this is resolved, but I'm telling you now, we are weeks away, if not months from a fix, that's even if they can fix it - which they didn't in Witcher 2, Mojang didn't fix it in Minecraft.

If they knew what the issue was or how they were going to fix, don't you think they would have been a bit more forthcoming with information on when it'll be resolved? It's obvious they don't know.

All I can suggest is either shelve the game until its fixed, or get a refund, for me the game was completely unplayable, there are a lot of videos out there displaying the stutter, some arn't so bad, some are terrible, mine is terrible. It's distracting walking, running, riding Roach, fighting.

that's even if they can fix it - which they didn't in Witcher 2.

I bought The Witcher 2 on 360 and never noticed the stuttering issue, I've seen people say they had stuttering with The Witcher 2 just like 3 has but Red fixed it. I bought The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition ( which I assume had all the patches they had worked on loaded on disc as I never once patched it.) months after it's release and it never had stuttering.

I'm pretty sure the issue is there for for everyone. It's just that depending on your screen/tolerance combo, people just won't be bothered by it. They might feel a bit uneasiness in some cases, but won't be able to pinpoint the cause.

And never forget that there are people that think ACU delivers a pretty smooth experience. I mean, many gamers just don't give a damn as long as the character moves when they push the stick forward.

I sometimes envy them. Motion blindness can be a bliss. Especially nowadays with "next-gen" games sometimes performing at 20 frames par second in multiple instances.

That's because we are the minority, out of the millions of copies they sold, only a small portion of people are affected. Some friends of mine do not have the issue at all, I've seen it for myself on their Xbox.

As stated earlier in the thread, I've got a refund for my copy (thanks MS) and will keep it that way until this is resolved, but I'm telling you now, we are weeks away, if not months from a fix, that's even if they can fix it - which they didn't in Witcher 2, Mojang didn't fix it in Minecraft.

If they knew what the issue was or how they were going to fix, don't you think they would have been a bit more forthcoming with information on when it'll be resolved? It's obvious they don't know.

All I can suggest is either shelve the game until its fixed, or get a refund, for me the game was completely unplayable, there are a lot of videos out there displaying the stutter, some arn't so bad, some are terrible, mine is terrible. It's distracting walking, running, riding Roach, fighting.

The issue is on all systems that i am aware of ...its nothing to do with FPS but rather in game code / animations

Halp halp! My eyes are burning! Dx
Even though this glitch made me laugh my socks off, i'd hate it to happen to me. xD

Some friends of mine do not have the issue at all, I've seen it for myself on their Xbox.

You mean it happens on some machines and not on others? Have you personally confirmed it?

You're the first person to make such a report. No offense, but it somehow doesn't make sense. Why would it affect some PC/PS4/X1 systems and not others? It's obviously not related to the OS, drivers or even hardware. And it's not related to the display output either, or our internal video captures (made with Fraps or the PS4 share option) would be smooth when viewed in a player like VLC.

The only common point is the game code itself, and it affects everyone. Most people just spin the camera too fast to notice the problem (especially the beta testers and journalists).

You mean it happens on some machines and not on others? Have you personally confirmed it?

You're the first person to make such a report. No offense, but it somehow doesn't make sense. Why would it affect some PC/PS4/X1 systems and not others? It's obviously not related to the OS, drivers or even hardware. And it's not related to the display output either, or our internal video captures (made with Fraps or the PS4 share option) would be smooth when viewed in a player like VLC.

The only common point is the game code itself, and it affects everyone. Most people just spin the camera too fast to notice the problem (especially the beta testers and journalists).

+1

Everyone has it. The Xbox judder can be seen in any gamedvr clip. 30fps cap in the next patch should help a lot. Then it's just the camera and animation oddities.

If a fix isn't included in 1.05 I think I'll be fearing the worst and come to the reality that we may never see a fix. It is why I have switched to keyboard and mouse for the time being. Fingers crossed it's in 1.05.

Top Bottom