Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
I have an GTX970 and for me stutter occurs only when setting FPS limiter to unlimited or 60.
In that cases I got jitter when running in Novigrad (game constantly loading new data) or when staying still (again in the Novigrad) and rotating camera in complex area with many NPC and buildings.

Setting FPS limiter to 30 frames completely removes frame stutter, but playing with 30 FPS is not so pleasant at all.

That stutter is very annoying, so recently I found a cure for myself by setting Frame Rate Limiter in nVidia Inspector software to 40 or 50 FPS and setting ingame limiter to Unlimited.
In that case camera moves much smoother (compared to 30 FPS in game limiter) and I don`t have annoying jerks when moving around.

Viola!

Last edited:
YEEEEEEEESSSS, Please say it works, I'm not to confident, then it's just fps, Morcin momot thx so much for specifying camera stutter so we know, you're a legend

It will help me deal with the low fps better in certain situations, so when can we expect it? Next week on ps4?

Ive been playing at a snails pace, but couldn't help from playing it, good thing is ill be able to test the pc version to see if it worked tomoz

He said on the 30th a week or week and half, so we got to wait a bit yet, pc should be Wednesday or tuesday

Last edited:
Yes. 1.05 for PC, 1.04 for consoles.

i am a bit late coming back to the stutter party .....thanks for the heads up Marcin we all appreciate the teams time and effort on this :) come tomorrow all being well i should be able to start my game

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting tomorrow from? Pc will be Tuesday Wednesday, the hotfix might be Monday though, consoles won't see stutter fix till a week or week and half, according to marcins twitter

Where are you guys getting tomorrow from? Pc will be Tuesday Wednesday, the hotfix might be Monday though, consoles won't see stutter fix till a week or week and half, according to marcins twitter

I must have missed something here i was under the impression that 1.05 for pc is Monday.....And as i said before and i am not being pedantic i do feel for all you on consoles seems wrong having to wait for it to be cleared by who ever does it .....

I must have missed something here i was under the impression that 1.05 for pc is Monday.....And as i said before and i am not being pedantic i do feel for all you on consoles seems wrong having to wait for it to be cleared by who ever does it .....

There's not much you can do about that,it's the certification process both companies have
(Sony's might be less demanding i don't know)On PC it's very easy as there is no proprietary owner of the platform.

Yeah it's just a shame we don't benefit in any way with there stupid certs, be nice if Sony, Microsoft tested these games, and don't let them release less, 30 fps minimum and smooth movement

I still want to hear clearly that "the camera stutter will be fixed for PC as well with the 1.05 patch that is coming next week".

I still want to hear clearly that "the camera stutter will be fixed for PC as well with the 1.05 patch that is coming next week".

As far as the camera stutter for PS4 we have a fix coming for this in 1.04.

Thanks for the info. I have not played it yet on the PC because of this issue, is a fix on PC coming in 1.05? Cheers

Yes. 1.05 for PC, 1.04 for consoles.

It's basically been said.

Yeah it's just a shame we don't benefit in any way with there stupid certs, be nice if Sony, Microsoft tested these games, and don't let them release less, 30 fps minimum and smooth movement

Certification is sadly only concerned with very basic stuff. Making sure it doesn't corrupt or alter the firmware or open it up for exploits, doesn't brick the console or could lead to imminent hardware failure.

Software and performance is still the sole purview of the delevopers...

Anyone else feeling a bit like, I'll believe it when I see it? Don't know Im just not very confident, my hearts been broken to many times lol patches always make me think stutter will get fixed, but it's usually always the same, get excited, install patch, stare at screen and cry my eyes out. Asking god why they keep doing this to me, exaggerating, but you get the idea, also I now don't want to play at all knowing it's gonna be fixed

Not knowing sort if made me try and live with it, as much as I hated it, so I've resorted to playing slow, not touch main quest or many side quests, but I'm getting so good at Gwent, I bloody love it, just beat yoana @ crows perch, which is an achievement for me.

I'm just gonna read the books and listen to the music me thinks.

Anyone else feeling a bit like, I'll believe it when I see it? Don't know Im just not very confident, my hearts been broken to many times lol patches always make me think stutter will get fixed, but it's usually always the same, get excited, install patch, stare at screen and cry my eyes out. Asking god why they keep doing this to me, exaggerating, but you get the idea, also I now don't want to play at all knowing it's gonna be fixed

Not knowing sort if made me try and live with it, as much as I hated it, so I've resorted to playing slow, not touch main quest or many side quests, but I'm getting so good at Gwent, I bloody love it, just beat yoana @ crows perch, which is an achievement for me.

I'm just gonna read the books and listen to the music me thinks.

Yeah,of course..I mean i can't say with certainty.

Well least we don't have to wait long to know if it's gonna be fixed, test the pc version and we'll know if console version will be fixed

Yeah just read them and the thing that worries me is the IMPROVED camera smoothness, not fixed, well better than nothing I guess

I really do wish they could tell us why this is happening, be better if we could understand the problem, if they've really only improved not fixed it, but I could be reading to far into it

Last edited:
Top Bottom