Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
I do so hope this is true. And I am also hoping for another improvement of the PS4 frame rate.
But I am glad they acknowledged it as "one of the most asked for" fixes.

Now, I guess, we just have to wait...

even no i hate that they released it like this, they really are great devs and marcin has done a great job listening and making sure these issues are heard and interacting with us, i mean coming from ubisoft forums this is exactly how they should respond, im still mad at them though till this camera stutter is fixed and fps on ps4 much much closer to 30 at least

That stutter is very annoying, so recently I found a cure for myself by setting Frame Rate Limiter in nVidia Inspector software to 40 or 50 FPS and setting ingame limiter to Unlimited.
In that case camera moves much smoother (compared to 30 FPS in game limiter) and I don`t have annoying jerks when moving around.
its worked for me, but i still have problem this ps4 guy talking about

"8 ) The camera chugs when Geralt is jogging. It's very hard to notice at first, but becomes obvious when you look at objects passing you as you run. They appear to be passing you faster and then all of a sudden slower for a second. It feels like the camera is bouncing to Geralt and then slowing down slightly. It doesn't move at the same speed he does. It very regularly slows down slightly. Feels like every other step it is lagging behind slightly."

seems nothing i can do about it ._.

It belongs in a museum! And the front page.

So the patch notes note the camera being "improved", not fixed. And not even the PCs have gotten their patch, yet. So consoles' patch will be 10 days away I'd say.

And here I sit and carve "No Fate" into this wooden table while a storm is brewing in the distance. I cannot know the future, for it is uncertain... isn't it?

Which stutter exactly? Horse trot stutter? Geralt jog stutter? Camera pan stutter? :p

Nothing much to say now until the patch gets released which with a bit of luck could be tomorrow or Thursday. Then the fun shall begin.

I've just got response from the support about the horse stutter issue, :

Hi,

As for your question, there is no known fix for this issue at this moment, therefore I'm just suggesting some options that might work.

Regards

Hopefully he doesn't know what he is talking about!

Its all quite on the stutter front ?

yeah pretty much, i think the thread did its job, we got heard, not much we can do now but wait, and yeah im not gonna get excited as the improved part worries me, one thing ive noticed is when the frame rate plummets the stutter gets worse so if its tied to performence it might be not so easy to fix wich is why i asked marcin to tell us why it stutters when panning the camera slowly, and what causes it, but i got ignored, but then he does have people harrasing him on twitter 24/7 lol

i know its not youre norma; streaming stutter, i can recognise and accept that as its not constantly annoying the fuk out of me

Last edited:
:( i hope your right as i can live with the other stutters panning ect but the horse one a really bad well for me it is

Not played and will not be playing until this is fixed

Lets hope 1.05 saves the day

its worked for me, but i still have problem this ps4 guy talking about

"8 ) The camera chugs when Geralt is jogging. It's very hard to notice at first, but becomes obvious when you look at objects passing you as you run. They appear to be passing you faster and then all of a sudden slower for a second. It feels like the camera is bouncing to Geralt and then slowing down slightly. It doesn't move at the same speed he does. It very regularly slows down slightly. Feels like every other step it is lagging behind slightly."

seems nothing i can do about it ._.

Bro, welcome in the club of wild stuttering. All platform have this issue(s), i hope fix it in this damn patch 1.05!

Weird it's the opposite for me, panning the camera is the most annoying stutter ever as that's how I play all games I constantly pan the camera slowly left and right looking at all the details, I notice the horse one but it doesn't bother me much

Concerning the issue on PS4:

Friend of mine brought up an interesting point, something I missed back when it happened.
Apparently when the PS4 was released it was released with two different Hard Drives, one of which allegedly has slower load times.

Could that explain why some people have the stutter and others don't? Could that explain why some people complain about frame rate, yet others, friends of mine included, say they have neither the camera stutter nor the reported frame rate issues?

Nah imo and from experience hard drives don't affect performance apart from load times, even know it baffles how someone couldn't notice it, some people play different, they done pan the camera as much or do it real quick

P4NCH0theD0G, The fast camera rotations are fine, so I doubt it's a harddrive streaming issue.

Top Bottom