Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
It's not a streaming issue.
Instead of playing I started taking some "photos" and I noticed that while enabling free camera (in debug console) the camera stutter is gone! I can move camera slow or fast and it's always butter smooth.

Attachments

• Pic-28.jpg
    Pic-28.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Pic-29.jpg
    Pic-29.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Pic-30.jpg
    Pic-30.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 38
Concerning the issue on PS4:

Friend of mine brought up an interesting point, something I missed back when it happened.
Apparently when the PS4 was released it was released with two different Hard Drives, one of which allegedly has slower load times.

Could that explain why some people have the stutter and others don't? Could that explain why some people complain about frame rate, yet others, friends of mine included, say they have neither the camera stutter nor the reported frame rate issues?

No mainly loading times however if the vram does run out then it will pull data off the drive to top up the vram but usually this will not happen more so on the consoles pc's yes if your in high res with very high AA ...then we have the rare games mainly IDtech engines that stream textures from the drive but this causes texture pop ups not stutters

---------- Updated at 10:43 AM ----------

Instead of playing I started taking some "photos" and I noticed that while enabling free camera (in debug console) the camera stutter is gone! I can move camera slow or fast and it's always butter smooth.

Interesting find bomerek....so in game you have issues but once your in debug mode whatever that is ...you say its gone ......

The bright side is, by the time we can finally turn the camera left and right, most of the quest bugs will have been fixed... :teeth:

The bright side is, by the time we can finally turn the camera left and right, most of the quest bugs will have been fixed... :teeth:

Yep along with all new DLC... oh wait gee has it really been that long times sure flies ....well witcher 4 is out complete with a new set of bugs for them to fix :)

Hi, beautiful pics!

Please share all of your settings? For the game and for whatever post process program you're using?

I'd like my game to look like that!

Thanks,
Jay :)

Woooo!!!! The patch finally fixed the issue for me! There is no longer any stutter while slowly panning the camera no matter if standing still or when walking. I'm only noticing a rare little stutter while riding Roach but I bet it's just due to streaming and it's nowhere near as bad as it was before. Tested at 0.60 camera sensitivity.
Shame that I already finished the game couple of days ago.. Now I will totally enjoy my second playthrough.

Last edited:
Woooo!!!! The patch finally fixed the issue for me! Shame that I already finished the game couple of days ago.. Now I will totally enjoy my second playthrough.

Really?! Daaaaaamn, that's good news! Now for Xbox users such as me to wait, then i can get playing :'D

Really?! Daaaaaamn, that's good news! Now for Xbox users such as me to wait, then i can get playing :'D

PC,yes the camera itself is much smoother now.I still have this weird pause in roaches animation though,it stutters heavily around trees.
BUT!! this makes the game Soooooooo much more enjoyable to play now.

I can confirm too that the camera pan issue has now been fixed, rejoice! Still weird stutter with roach when not sprinting.

YEEEEEEEESSSS fixed cdpr I fking love you guys, tested smooth how it should of been, my only issue now is fps, let that's better, but this was worse problem for me

PC,yes the camera itself is much smoother now.I still have this weird pause in roaches animation though,it stutters heavily around trees.
BUT!! this makes the game Soooooooo much more enjoyable to play now.

Whaaahaa wooooooooo ....erm eh what roach is still the same :( looks like i am waiting a little more then ...no but great work on the rest CDPR poor poor roach ...just about to test now

While I can see the problem with roach I just pretend it's caused by the gallop if u know Wat I mean, I'm not bothered about it to much and it's only when going slow ain't it? Still if it bothers you I hope they fix it, I was installing this patch thinking yeah yeah, I know it ain't fixed, man was I shocked

Anyone else notice the additional content message? I'm guessing the Gwent cards?

Last edited:
Whaaahaa wooooooooo ....erm eh what roach is still the same :( looks like i am waiting a little more then ...no but great work on the rest CDPR poor poor roach ...just about to test now

Not ideal,i know.It's much better when having a smooth camera though and this confirms our suspicion about Roach's animation being off.
So in the end fixed one problem and another one not being affected by it means a different app(Roach)..

Yep confirmed camera slow pan much much better would say almost perfect ....however poor poor roach is the same ...and i am sure they have fixed many other things too as i have not even played any of the game as of yet so i have not come across any of the other bugs ....so now my decision is to play or not to play ...learning towards play ...sry roach you are just going to have to put up with the stutter me lad you and me both ....but me and you roach have a journey to begin as enough time has passed now so lets get to it giddy up roach :)

Last edited:
Well, it's good to hear. Unless the issue was psychological and the fix a placebo ;)

Of course, I will have to reserve my judgment until the PS4 version of 1.04 is on my PS4.

But in the meantime I'd like to thank everyone who posted about this.
Thank you for showing me I'm not crazy (in regard to thid issue, at least).
Thank you for bringing enough attention to this to have it fixed.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hah, it isn't placebo, certainly been fixed. As for the roach stutter even though I agree it should be fixed I can look past it for now as it only happens when moving slowly with roach which I never do.

Well, it's good to hear. Unless the issue was psychological and the fix a placebo ;)

Of course, I will have to reserve my judgment until the PS4 version of 1.04 is out.

Thank you.

No Thank you P4NCH0theD0G for speaking out and creating this thread i can confirm its fixed re panning however roach is still a mess but i have decided its time to start .......So again thanks and thanks to PCDR...lets hope roach will be fixed later....and hope the patch arrives soon for the consoles ....far well everyone :)

---------- Updated at 06:21 PM ----------

Of course, I will have to reserve my judgment until the PS4 version of 1.04 is out.

Thank you.

No Thank you P4NCH0theD0G for speaking out and creating this thread i can confirm its fixed re panning however roach is still a mess but i have decided its time to start .......So again thanks and thanks to PCDR...lets hope roach will be fixed later....and hope the patch arrives soon for the consoles ....far well everyone :)

Top Bottom