Camera Stutter Master Thread - Share your info

+
same here,horse walking stutter,im feeling a bit pissed off now,i mean seriously???they cant figure out whats wrong with roach?

It hasn't been fixed per se. It's been tweaked. It's a lot less now, but it is still present, and the Roach problem illustrates that.

Maybe the horse stuttering can't be fixed. If true there's no way they can admit that.

Do you guys think we should start a thread for that specific issue?

All good on my end (1.05, PS4)! (Roach might still be buggy, but I haven't noticed it 'cause I just run everywhere)

If any cdprojektredder's are reading this, thanks!

The stutter whilst walking around with roach is a bugger, but as I always just sprint around with roach instead I never really come across it too often. Still, would be nice if it gets fixed.

It's amazing what a difference it actualy makes, taking in the details, which I couldn't before, fps is still terrible but I can put up with it now I guess, good job cdpr. Can finally enjoy this amazing game. DEFO not placebo, it completely gone, the only stutter is streaming and that's fine, I expect that in all open world games

The stutter while panning the camera is definitely gone for me on PC with 1.05.It's a shame the Roach stutter is still present, but that always seemed like a bad animation loop, so I didn't really think it was related. Hopefully it is on the fix list because I usually don't like to gallop.Thanks to the team for getting the patch out despite it being a holiday for them, and thanks to P4NCH0theD0G for starting the thread that got the issue officially recognized.

Thanks CD Red for the fix.
Thanks Pancho for the master thread.
And thanks everyone (PC, Xbox, PS4 users) who teamed up to make the world realize that analog controllers are also meant for serious adventure.

No thanks to testers, journos, average joes and even Digital Foundry who didn't have a clue about the difference between frame dropping and camera stuttering!

Now as I suspected, the horse performance is seemingly a different matter. It's not terrible on my PS4, as I've seen much worse in Oblivion and Skyrim (on PC and PS3) to the point I spent most of my time on foot in those games, but it certainly warrants its own topic.

Cheers guys!

I always saw the camera as a problem,Roach being an integral part of the camera wasn't as you can see
a twitch in animation without even touching the camera.It would be great if this could be fixed.

Thanks CD Red for the fix.
Thanks Pancho for the master thread.
And thanks everyone (PC, Xbox, PS4 users) who teamed up to make the world realize that analog controllers are also meant for serious adventure.

No thanks to testers, journos, average joes and even Digital Foundry who didn't have a clue about the difference between frame dropping and camera stuttering!

Now as I suspected, the horse performance is seemingly a different matter. It's not terrible on my PS4, as I've seen much worse in Oblivion and Skyrim (on PC and PS3) to the point I spent most of my time on foot in those games, but it certainly warrants its own topic.

Cheers guys!
I'm not relying on official channels with a journalistic or performance-like prerogative,it's all up to users these days.
That's basically what made PC gaming into modding and beta testing communities to begin with.

Last edited:
There is no toggle option (yet?).

I'm sure Red's plate is full right now. But if they could ultimately implement it, that would make the camera perfect.

Now, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but... am I the only one who thinks the stutter is gone from the camera and has moved on to the descriptions in the environment? Like, all the writings above things, when you move the camera, now they all seem to jitter... :D

This game is so good without that stutter. Thanks CDPR for finally sorting, shouldn't have made it to release though but never mind.

Yeah ive been enjoying the game now, not happy that the launch was ruined and beginning, but the difference it's made, feels like I'm playing different game, now if it weren't for 20 fps, I would no longer be in tech support

Patch 1.6 and not fixed. Game is unplayable. Whenever I move mouse, graphics kinda shake or jig or stutter so badly that I start to feel sea sick. Graphic settings or post processing settins make no differnce. I'v tried almost all possible combinations. Otherwise fps is fine. Other games run just fine. I'v got GTX 970 4gb, 16gb ddr3, game on fast SSD and cpu is Xeon E3-1231 v3.

Top Bottom