SOLVED Camera stutter with new nVidia drivers

+
I tried mostly everythink but it still same, I tried Nvidia driver 376.33 and the new one but nothing changes..... I wanted to try Nvidia driver 355.82 but this driver is not compatible with my graphic card..... So I don't know I'm really frustrated about it.......

I would suggest that all the people who are experiencing this problem should write about it to Nvidia directly with the following link.
http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?...f07694a40f8ac6
There needs to be several people who complain about the problem or nothing will change. I understand that newer drivers may cause problems with older titles, but I can't understand that this happens with a game like the Witcher which is still so popular and got a GOTY release recently. I mean this shouldn't be rocket scienece to play a popular game and if it is impossible for Nvidia to fix their drivers I would expect that they give a littler note with their new driver releases like :"this will break the Witcher 3 for all maxwell 980 and 980 ti users forever, (because we don't care)..." ;) But in all honesty we humans can fly to the moon and can't fix a driver for a popular title on expensive high end cards from two years ago?

Last edited:
ArtDirector;n7679770 said:
I would suggest that all the people who are experiencing this problem should write about it to Nvidia directly with the following link.
http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?...f07694a40f8ac6
There needs to be several people who complain about the problem or nothing will change. I understand that newer drivers may cause problems with older titles, but I can't understand that this happens with a game like the Witcher which is still so popular and got a GOTY release recently. I mean this shouldn't be rocket scienece to play a popular game and if it is impossible for Nvidia to fix their drivers I would expect that they give a littler note with their new driver releases like :"this will break the Witcher 3 for all maxwell 980 and 980 ti users forever, (because we don't care)..." ;) But in all honesty we humans can fly to the moon and can't fix a driver for a popular title on expensive high end cards from two years ago?

Agreed. Even if I'm owner of gtx 1080. So I write on your link. I'm very curious about that.....

ArtDirector;n7679770 said:
I understand that newer drivers may cause problems with older titles, but I can't understand that this happens with a game like the Witcher which is still so popular and got a GOTY release recently.

Exactly. I don't think that TW3 is an old game at this point. Heck, NVidia still uses it showcase their newest technologies, so it would be expected that the game works flawlessly with the newest drivers. I'm all to well aware that certain older games do not work well with the newest drivers, but I think that TW3 is still too young for that sort of reasoning. I mean, I play more than one game on my PC and I don't think that it's reasonable to expect form me to change my drivers 20 times a week.

ArtDirector , I will write to NVidia as well, hopefully we get this thing fixed.

EDIT:

Moroght, can you make a recording of your issue, are you sure that it is the same issue we are reporting?

Last edited:
Moroght;n7674980 said:
I tried mostly everythink but it still same, I tried Nvidia driver 376.33 and the new one but nothing changes..... I wanted to try Nvidia driver 355.82 but this driver is not compatible with my graphic card..... So I don't know I'm really frustrated about it.......

What card are you using?

To all, I would recommend bringing this issue up on the Nvidia Forums, as ArtDirector suggests. Especially if your own a 1000 series card -- those cards have been having a really bumpy time of it. If you're using the 900 series, try Nvidia 355.82 or 372.54. I've used both of those on my 980 ti without issues. Still using 372.54 today.

Moroght;n7685330 said:
Yes, it does

Hmm, I don't know what else could you try. Is the stutter same in borderless window, or is it less pronounced? Do you use any third party software for mouse and keyboard customization?

SigilFey;n7691040 said:
What card are you using?

To all, I would recommend bringing this issue up on the Nvidia Forums, as ArtDirector suggests. Especially if your own a 1000 series card -- those cards have been having a really bumpy time of it. If you're using the 900 series, try Nvidia 355.82 or 372.54. I've used both of those on my 980 ti without issues. Still using 372.54 today.

I wrote there many times already, I don't have a feeling that they are reading it to be honest. Drivers 372.90 work great with TW3 as well.

Moroght;n7699180 said:
I have GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming.

Could you provide your complete specs like CPU and RAM etc.? Are you using a SSD? I watched the video you uploaded. Did you try to lower your settings like disabling hairworks or HABO+? Sometimes specific gamework effects are not working with newer drivers.

Yeah I tried to lower settings but nothing changes.

Specs:
MB GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING7
GPU GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming 8GDDR5X
RAM KINGSTON HyperX 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Beast
CPU Intel I7 4790K 4.0GHz
PSU Forton RAIDER S 750W 80PLUS SILVER
SSD Intel SSD 530 Series 240GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 2TB
I tried SSD but it still same problem,so now I have Witcher on HDD

There is the answer from CD PROJEKT Support

Hi,

Please check if following this article helps: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...irtual-memory/

Regards,

Kuba

--- Really don't know what is on the linked page or what should I do....

Last edited:
Moroght;n7713100 said:
Yeah I tried to lower settings but nothing changes.

Specs:
MB GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING7
GPU GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming 8GDDR5X
RAM KINGSTON HyperX 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Beast
CPU Intel I7 4790K 4.0GHz
PSU Forton RAIDER S 750W 80PLUS SILVER
SSD Intel SSD 530 Series 240GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 2TB
I tried SSD but it still same problem,so now I have Witcher on HDD

There is the answer from CD PROJEKT Support

Hi,

Please check if following this article helps: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...irtual-memory/

Regards,

Kuba

--- Really don't know what is on the linked page or what should I do....

Your rig is great, so that can't be the issue, altough this is unlikely the problem, I would recommend a seperate gaming SSD for less stutter and loading times.
On the linked page is a guide for reading virtual memory and setting up the page file, but if you never deactivated anything in the windows pagefile menu you don't need to change anything because it is automatically configured by Windows.

I have some questions:

Are you using Win 7 64 bit?

Is your page file activated or deactivated?

Is your Ram running with XMP mode enabled? Another thing you could investigate is to make sure that your Windows power options profile is set to high performance.

Regards,
Artdirector

I'm running on windows 10 64bit.

Page file should be active, his size is 2432MB, for disk C(ssd) is system managed and for disk d (hdd) is none (i tried to give page file for disk D too. but i can't see diference).

About RAM XMP is disabled.....

Windows power suply is on high perfomace.

Last edited:
I don't think that reinstalling TW3 on the SSD will make any significant difference, at least for me it didn't. You do get shorter loading times, but loading is so rare in the game that you won't really feel it.

LukaMrk;n7717540 said:
I don't think that reinstalling TW3 on the SSD will make any significant difference, at least for me it didn't. You do get shorter loading times, but loading is so rare in the game that you won't really feel it.

I think so....

Moroght;n7717630 said:
I think so....

It doubt the SSD will fix the problem too, it was just a suggestion in general, because some games benefit that require a lot of streaming. I would buy a seperate SSD with like 500 GB just for games. But back on topic, you could try to enable XMP or is the RAM already manually configured? Setting your Ram timings right can improve things. The strange thing is that reverting to older drivers didn't fix it for you, because for me the stutter is gone with earlier nvidia drivers, so maybe it's something else or specific to Pascal cards.

Last edited:
Are you forcing VSync trough NVidia CP or are you using in game settings? Is there a chance that you are using both? Are you using in game frame limiter? How many fps do you get when you turn all that off?

You could try Riva Tuner, I know that some people use it to smooth frame timings.
If you are using Steam, have you verified the game files?

Top Bottom