SOLVED Camera stutter with new nVidia drivers

+
No, I'm using only in game settings vsync on and frame limiter 60, I have GOG version.... With vsync off and frame limiter unlimited I have 80+ fps in Novigrad.

I made video where is stutter obvious, Only staying at same place and moving camera...https://youtu.be/_G1w-Dmvxho (Vsync - Fast on Nvidia CP, in game vsync and frame limiter off).

The oldest Nvidia driver that I can install is 368.39, but still i can see the stuttering, older drivers I can't install becouse of system compatibility.

Last edited:
The stutter is actually quite hard to see in the video, but I think I have it. There are moments, especially when you're spinning the camera quickly, where the scene seems to "lurch" to a new position -- correct?

That's likely frames syncing up, and it's hard to combat this if it's caused by the drivers.

1.) Be sure you're playing Fullscreen, have Vsync on, and leave the Frame Limit at 60.

2.) Also, go into Nvidia CP and manually set your monitor's refresh rate to 60 Hz. Try setting your Texture Filtering - Texture Quality to High Quality instead of Nvidia's default Quality setting. Be sure Vsync here is not set to Adaptive or Fast-Sync; ensure it says "Controlled by the 3D application".

3.) If you're using G-Sync, disable it.

See if that has an impact...good, bad, or different. If it changes anything, there's hope!

It sounds like it has to be the drivers. I recommend rolling as far back in the 37x.xx line as you can, then working up from there. Always use the CLEAN installation option. If even the earliest drivers show no difference at all, try the following steps:

1.) Use Display Driver Uninstaller to gut your system of all Nvidia drivers, but do not install the roll-back drivers yet.

2.) Run CCleaner to fix Registry entires. Just keep running it over and over until it reports "No conflicts detected". Restart you PC, then run CCleaner repeatedly again. Continue this process until CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately following a reboot.

3.) Now, install the 37x.xx drivers using CLEAN installation.

4.) Try installing the redistributables that come with the installation package; should be in your installation directory in a folder called redist. Alternatively, install / repair all of the following from Microsoft.com: DirectX 11 or 12, DirectX 9.0c, .NET Framework, Visual C++, and Visual Studio. For C++ and Studio, install all versions going back to 2010.

Once again, I strongly recommend uninstalling Geforce Experience if you're using it.

So I tried 372.54, 372.70,372.90, 373.06, 375.63, 375.70, 375.95, 376.09, 376.19, 376.33 and 378.49 (each with display driver unistaller unistallation, ccleaner registry fix and clean installation without nvidia experience) but still same
So, I don't know what next.....

Last edited:
I wanted to try driver 352.86 which is "Game Ready
Best gaming experience for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations" but saddly is not compatible with system....

I think that older drivers won't work..... maybe is something with Windows 10 or Nvidia drivers or both....

Moroght;n7850250 said:
I think that older drivers won't work..... maybe is something with Windows 10 or Nvidia drivers or both....

I think so. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do but wait for it to be sorted out.

So, I solved the issue with camera stutter. The game runs silky smooth now.
I'm not quite certain what exactly I did to fix it, as I made several changes to my PC at once. I updated my NVidia drivers to 381.89, installed The Creators update to Windows 10 and, maybe most importantly, I took out my CPU, and put it back in with fresh thermal paste.

If you installed all the afore mentioned updates and you still experience camera stutters, make sure your CPU is inserted correctly (I suspect that my CPU was moved a bit by the cooler). It's worth a shot.

Hello, after a long time maybe I found a fix. Stutter is nearly gone. I want to share with you : VSYNC ON, BORDERLESS WINDOW, UNLIMITED FRAMES. and downloaded D3DOverrider witch forced VSYNC and TRIPLE BUFFERING. As I said problem is nearly gone, sometimes little sutter is when I start game, load save and use aard for the first in battle or wherever I'm with Geralt or while I'm running in the part of city where I never was before and sometimes when cut enemy apart with sword. After that I have minimal sutter the second use of aard is clear and running in part of city or another place I was before. So I can tell that problem is some sort of problem texture loading or something like that. In the end I want to say THANK YOU for this game I really love it. :) I Hope that will help others with problem....

LukaMrk;n8481860 said:
So, I solved the issue with camera stutter. The game runs silky smooth now.
I'm not quite certain what exactly I did to fix it, as I made several changes to my PC at once. I updated my NVidia drivers to 381.89, installed The Creators update to Windows 10 and, maybe most importantly, I took out my CPU, and put it back in with fresh thermal paste.

If you installed all the afore mentioned updates and you still experience camera stutters, make sure your CPU is inserted correctly (I suspect that my CPU was moved a bit by the cooler). It's worth a shot.

I just wanted to say that the stutter is gone for me too after updating to Nvidia drivers 381.89. I guess it was the nvidia driver, because I didn't change the thermal paste. :)

ArtDirector;n9228821 said:
I just wanted to say that the stutter is gone for me too after updating to Nvidia drivers 381.89. I guess it was the nvidia driver, because I didn't change the thermal paste. :)

Great, guess this thread has served it's purpose and can be locked.

LukaMrk;n9229511 said:
Great, guess this thread has served it's purpose and can be locked.
Mark that post as "Solved", if'n ya'd be so kind! Then, I'll close 'er down fer good. :threaten:

(Hefts an enormous axe. Sets it aside. Hovers a finger over the "Close Topic" button...)

SigilFey;n9238391 said:
Mark that post as "Solved", if'n ya'd be so kind! Then, I'll close 'er down fer good. :threaten:

(Hefts an enormous axe. Sets it aside. Hovers a finger over the "Close Topic" button...)

Haha, it's my first time, let me figure it out.

what are the supported drivers that are suitable for nvidia geforce gtx 1050 notebooks windows 10-64 bits? Can't seem to find the compatible drivers for it the 372.90 update only supports gtx 1060 and up

Top Bottom