Camera turns to side when running

+
Why does the Camera always turn sideways when I'm running?
Please don't say "turn auto centering of" because that only means the camera doesn't automatically turn to where I'm going once it doesn't recognize a point of interest anymore.
I ran down like a dozen ledges and into at least a few hundred walls so far and It is frustrating me every time I start up the game. I just want to see where I'm going ;-;

for context:
Playing on PC through steam (was my first Witcher game so don't blame me)
I'm using a Trust GXT 545 (supposedly XBox compatible) controller (cuz keyboard layout is wack (really ALT for the good dodge? WTF is wrong with your fingers o.o) and I had to reinstall the game to often to redo the layout again)
The camera does ONLY turn when I'm pushing the left (movement) stick forward (It did also turn when I pressed W when I started playing but I can neither confirm nor deny that rn) and it seems like it tries to focus on some scenery which would be fine IF the camera didn't drag BEHIND Gerald effectively leaving about two pixels of where I'm going
I had this problem without any mods installed and the only mods I have installed now are rebalance/gameplay fixes (cuz damn this game deserves better mechanics ._.) and a camera control mod that seems to not affect this problem.
And even the consol command ToggleCameraAutoRotation didn't do anything (heard some commands were removed... whyever someone would do that)
And yes I had this problem even before enabling the console. It was the main reason I enabled the console.

The camera turning wouldn't be a problem while roach is auto following a path or while I'm standing still but ONLY while I'm running looks a lot like someone tried to fix that with an if clause and just made it worse...

Can you perhaps make a video with the issue?

Did you try a different controller too?

Keep in mind that mods can continue to cause problems, even after you remove them (in some cases, that can be impossible to fix).

Support can be reached here, for example:

So, this is embarrassing...
I didn't take into consideration that the controller had a short circuit or something of the sort... so yea, just looked at the controller output for the first time in like three years and low and behold the right stick up also gives a small but noticeable output on the left stick to the left...
So until I get a new controller I'll need to look into options to increase the buffer space of the left stick... maybe there's a mod for that... mods are pretty much the main way of solving problems in tw3 anyways

Top Bottom