Can anyone sum up the benefits of 1.05? I'm hearing a lot about performance drops

+
Eh, there isn't really a benefit besides the bug fixes.
Not really. There were a lot of nice gameplay tweaks too. But I'm in the same boat as everyone else --1.05 seems to have downgraded the visuals AND the performance for me :(

Not really. There were a lot of nice gameplay tweaks too. But I'm in the same boat as everyone else --1.05 seems to have downgraded the visuals AND the performance for me :(

Yeah, not having the input changed message is nice and so is Geralt ignoring the candles while he's looting something else - still, I'd rather deal with that and have my smooth framerate back :p

Ok....this is with same settings. Anyway my FPS are strictly the same whatever the settings options I choose. Only SSAO, Hairwork and Foliage distance have an impact. Even if I overclock my GPU I don't get one single more FPS.

i7 3770k
16 Gb RAM
AMD HD 7970
Windows 7 SP1

Patch 1.02 : 40/50 FPS game run smooth, no popping noticied

Patch 1.03 : 30/45 FPS rare microstutter, some NPC popping (a lot in certain location)

Patch 1.04 : Never installed (because I only read bad comments about it...)

Patch 1.05 : 25/30 FPS, more microstutter, NPC popping still present, horrible change on AA, some LOD issue

On each patch graphics are worse FPS are worse.
Honestly I don't understand and personnally I don't ask for something impossible to do. I just want CDPR rollback to the 1.02 graphic setting.

I'll just try to rollback on 1.03 (wish to 1.02 but in that case I'll lost 30 hours of gameplay) and pray for not having mainquest breaking bug.
For the XP, I'll download mod on nexus to compensate (I've seen a mod that increase the XP on killing enemies)
Too bad.. 1.05 have a lot of improvement which seem to me interesting and it's such a pity.

And yes I think so. I wasted my money on this game. I've trusted CDPR....Never again

Last edited:
And yes I think so. I wasted my money on this game. I've trusted CDPR....Never again
This is getting old. Game is amazing as it is, they're just rushing with fixes for those who have the game unplayable, while breaking some things that worked. It is not a waste of money to get a game that has at least 200 hours of gameplay. I think I'll just reinstall the game with 1.02 and wait for a better patches.

This is getting old. Game is amazing as it is, they're just rushing with fixes for those who have the game unplayable, while breaking some things that worked. It is not a waste of money to get a game that has at least 200 hours of gameplay. I think I'll just reinstall the game with 1.02 and wait for a better patches.

How exactly do you start from 1.02 anyway? Im guessing GOG or something similar. Cause steam doesn't allow to rollback.
1.05 totally broke the game for me, crash on start up... Haven't had that happen to a game since 2003

Seems to be hit or miss. My games fps has improved with each patch so far and has looked better. I have an I7 4xxx series. not at PC so not sure exactly which one. 780 gtx(no oc)and 32gb ram, with all on ultra except hair works(don't like it anyways), and foliage density and NPC limit on high and I have a constant 60fps+ only time it dips is in storms when in highly forested areas.

Rig:
i7 @4Ghz / 8 Gig Ram / ASUS Strix GTX970 / 1920x1080 / All Ultra settings, except Foliage Distance, no Hairworks

Game is running faster and using less CPU than 1.04. Galloping through the forest was ~45% utilisation before, now down to ~ 30% with 1.05.
Previously had Foliage distance and Grass density on HIGH. Now Grass on Ultra. Workload is spread evenly across all 8 (logical) cores. Rock solid 60 FPS.

There are so many nice things in the patch anyway, but for me it has been a NOTICEABLE performance boost. Love the game, love the engine, very happy.

so is the 1.02 patch better overall speaking ? no major bugs or anything worst? if so i would like an opinion from someone that is still playing with 1.02 patch.
anyone here with gtx 750 ti ?

my guess is most users complaining of downgrade in performance have changed areas, from the less intensive orchards, to more populated areas, which is where the popin issues start to occur (or simply have # of bkgrd chars set to high/ultra).

i can def say what @bobbyjoe52 desribes sounds like that. on a 7870 ghz ed, i get 35-50fps on high, depending on locations, whether it is an orchard/plain, or water/reflections involved, or a city, or city+water+reflections.

Last edited:
To me the performance got boosted. Not in manner of FPS but smoothness. I can even have my hairwork on (All things) and fps is about 25 but it feels no lag at all. :D

Mine is 4670 with 769gtx.

I just installed 1.02 - fixed almost all issues for me. There are some bugs in 1.02, but it seems like the most stable and it looks much better - no character & objects pop-in, no shadow issues, no water issues, no foliage issues. Performance is exactly the same as with 1.05

I just installed 1.02 - fixed almost all issues for me. There are some bugs in 1.02, but it seems like the most stable and it looks much better - no character & objects pop-in, no shadow issues, no water issues, no foliage issues. Performance is exactly the same as with 1.05

which are the cons of 1.02 ? although its a downside that you gotta redo the whole game if you are further on.

I wouldn't say that. I have saves throughout the game, issues started with patches.

---------- Updated at 03:34 AM ----------

A lot of non-translated strings (doesn't matter if you play english version), which were fixed in later patches, some inconsistences in UI that were fixed later + check the change logs for other bugs that were fixed. Most of them didn't affect me, so for me 1.02 is better overall.
Also no blood on water, but it's minor thing compared to constant pop-ins and shadow issues.

Last edited:
Strange, after I reinstalled 1.05 from 1.02 some issues dissappeared. I'll try to play a new game with a patch.

I'm getting noticably better performance overall. The game usually had micro stutter (I'm running 60fps /w vsync) and now it's gone. Navigating through the menus is also more responsive than before at least on my end.

Check your graphics settings if you changed them. Someone said they are reset with each patch. I haven't verified that myself though.

Top Bottom