Can anyone who still has Blue-quality Widowmaker try an experiment...

+
I just ran into the ugly old tooltip-breakage bug from pre-1.5, but I think I may have a culprit.

If anyone has a savegame with a Blue-quality Widowmaker (the tech rifle from Nash's steaming, traitorous corpse): load it up, try upgrading Widowmaker to Epic/Purple. Do all weapon and item tooltips immediately break?
If so, make a new hard save, exit client, load new save. Are all other tooltips restored, but Widowmaker's never comes up?
After that, with Widowmaker equipped and Comparison on, does mousing over any other gun cause crazy flickering info boxes to appear and disappear rapidly?

Not sure but I think you talk about a "old" bug present since day one (could be present or not in function of the language).

If the description of a weapon is way too high for the screen size, the description does not longer appear and possibly bug all the similar weapon description (if comparaison is active). In short, if a weapon is a legendary one, an iconic (with a long text at the bottom of the description) and if you add mods, there is great chance that the bug appear (and the description desappear or flickering).

Not sure but I think you talk about a "old" bug present since day one (could be present or not in function of the language).

If the description of a weapon is way too high for the screen size, the description does not longer appear and possibly bug all the similar weapon description (if comparaison is active). In short, if a weapon is a legendary one, an iconic (with a long text at the bottom of the description) and if you add mods, there is great chance that the bug appear (and the description desappear or flickering).
Yes, I remember this bug all too well, it destroyed one of my games... but at some point, it seemed to be fixed. After i don't remember which patch exactly, it stopped happening.

Now in this playthrough (after 1.5) I have gone much further without seeing any examples of it, even with some complex weapons like Overwatch and a few Legendaries that had a alot of adjectives slapped on.

But as soon as I upgraded Widow Maker from Blue to Purple it came back. Forunately not quite as badly - rather than all weapons being perma-broken, after a save/reload only Widow Maker itself is still b0rked. Hmmm. I wonder if i remove the scope from the blue version before upgrading, if that would make a difference.

Either way, whatever CDPR did to alleviate it the first time - increase an allowed string size, perhaps - looks like it's time to do it again. Windowmaker has a pre-set list of attributes so if it's the case that the weapon's info being too big causes the issue, well, it should've been kind of predictable eh

Yes, I remember this bug all too well, it destroyed one of my games... but at some point, it seemed to be fixed. After i don't remember which patch exactly, it stopped happening.

Now in this playthrough (after 1.5) I have gone much further without seeing any examples of it, even with some complex weapons like Overwatch and a few Legendaries that had a alot of adjectives slapped on.

But as soon as I upgraded Widow Maker from Blue to Purple it came back. Forunately not quite as badly - rather than all weapons being perma-broken, after a save/reload only Widow Maker itself is still b0rked. Hmmm. I wonder if i remove the scope from the blue version before upgrading, if that would make a difference.

Either way, whatever CDPR did to alleviate it the first time - increase an allowed string size, perhaps - looks like it's time to do it again. Windowmaker has a pre-set list of attributes so if it's the case that the weapon's info being too big causes the issue, well, it should've been kind of predictable eh
@spacefiddle @LeKill3rFou please pass this valuable feedback (again) to Support if you haven't done so already.

@spacefiddle @LeKill3rFou please pass this valuable feedback (again) to Support if you haven't done so already.
I did a while ago, before 1.2 and again in 1.23 :)

I don't remember that it was "really" fixed one day. In 1.31, the description could protrude a little at the top and bottom, so there was less chance of it was "bugged" (disappearing). But the name (or the price) for example were out of the screen (my CRASH in 1.31 have the name an the cost out of screen when fully upgraded and modded) :)

But I will try with WidowMaker soon enough, I'm almost start Ghost Town :)

I sent in my before and after saves already :). Just hoping to get some informal tests to see if it's unique to Widowmaker, or if other crafting upgrades can cause it as well.

Going by what Fou says, it seems possible that any "jump" in quality that adds a lot of data to the info panel might cause it, and that the previous fix, which probably allowed more space, didn't allow quite enough.

Top Bottom