Can anything be done about those loading times?

+
Can anything be done about those loading times?

When i started playing the game on launch day, and i was in White Orchard, the loading times after dying weren't really long at all. Until i arrived in Velen.

I am playing on Blood and broken bones difficulty and at times you can die real easily. I don't mind that though, i like a challenge. I would keep trying and trying....if it weren't for these loading times that last a freaking minute and sometimes even more. It really is slowly ruining it for me because of that.

Can anything be done about this? I mean...Dragon Age really hasn't got such insane loading times and yes i know W3's world is much bigger, but surely this can be improved?

Get an SSD?

Dunno on my end loading is decently quick. Usually quick enough to cut off the little intro story piece before it finishes

as said above...get an ssd as they are cheap now and make a massive difference with everything you do on a pc.

Loading up saves is actually quite a bit slower than I'd expect, and I've got it on a SSD as well.

Use the [No Story Telling - Loading Screen] Mod, will faster your loading. And, if you truly want a really fast loading screen, play the game with patch 1.03. Since patch 1.04 and higher, I'm experiencing 3x times longer than before, but, the patch 1.04 and higher smooth the game way much than patch 1.03 or lower.
Other advice, comments above, as I used SSD too.

Last edited:
What I have discovered is that the loading screens with narration (the comic book styled ones) will tend to go through the entire narration and sometimes that particular text is longer. When reloading after a death (not right after booting up the game), the savepoint actually loads faster than the narration lasts. To skip it, press Space towards the end of the narration. It only shaves off a couple of seconds of loading time, I know it's not much, but I hope it helps.

People complain about loading time? Thats crazy..... soon people will complain why did it take 1 second instead of 0.5 second. For such massive location in game loading time is really impressive in my opinion.

Im on ps4 and the loading times arent that long, but they are long enough to where if your dieing alot on a monster it starts to really show. i sit at my desk though so while it loads ill be playing farmville 2 and looking on facebook on my pc. :)

I have mine loaded on just a 7200 hard drive and it seems to load pretty fast. What speed is your hard drive? Also if you can't stand the wait, get a SSD

If you are playing on a PC, attaching a controller speeds the loading up.
It has been suggested on the Gog forum and I found it true.

I've got ssd's in raid-0. I don't think anything takes more than 5 seconds to load.

SSD's are the future my man.

The load times upon dying are the only thing keeping me from doing a Death March run.

Nothing to do with lacking skill. No sir. Ahem.

Sorry guys, i totally forgot to mention i was playing on console, Xbox One to be precise. I was told PS4 is exactly the same. I counted it on Xbox One..it's exactly one minute and sometimes seems even longer.

I'd LOVE for the loading times to be a mere few seconds. Hell...i'd even take half, so let's say 30 seconds, but this...is crazy.

I'm on PS4, and you're looking at forty five seconds or so upon death, a minute upon loading a save.

I really hope it can be improved even slightly via patch, a'la Bloodborne.

Got a Samsung SSD that I bought 2 years ago, dunno what's causing the issue for you guys but my game literally loads up in 2-5 seconds, I often don't have enough time to read the loading screen tips. :(

edit: well, if you're playing on a console, that's that I guess.

the long load time are the trade off for having a massive open world, one in which you can go into pretty much every building you see...give me one long one that forces me to stretch my legs every now and again, than immersion breaking ones every time you enter a house.

Sken

Forum veteran
If Bloodborne & Witcher 3 are anything to go by, long load times on consoles will be a thing this gen. Definitely recommend upgrading your console hard drive to SSD. I would expect the next big games like Fallout 4, Phantom Pain etc will all have long load times, may as well hit it on the head now.

I'm playing on PC, my load times are ~5 secs.

I must admit that the load times on the PS4 are terrible. I would expect them if my previous save was in a different part of the world. But I've had +1 minute load times when respawning in the exact same position.

Top Bottom