Can Buff Realms Ever Be Good With Scorch In The Game?

+
Can Buff Realms Ever Be Good With Scorch In The Game?

Title says it all, do you think buff NR will ever be top tier with cards like Geralt Igni and Scorch in the game? It seems like it's not possible to build the deck in a way that it doesn't get destroyed by these cards. Even if the deck becomes flavor of the month and everyone is running it, these two cards are just such complete counters that you have almost no way of playing around I don't see how it would ever stay on top. Thoughts?

I think we need more information to actually go all out asking for buffs.Would we nice if we had some channel to ask lore wise, and game wise what would fit NR as options to be buffed, maybe the leaders, and a few cards that dosent really make sense on their own.
  1. Like what would fit lore wise to change that we arent cloning from other decks
  2. Maybe could be possible that some of the leaders could get some changes so more options are viable? or maybe gold cards or random bronze cards that dosent really fit To make diferent setups actually something to work on. (now the change aint easy needs to fit lore, the image of the card, the deck and hope is not a clone from another deck)
  3. If they change the power of the units to be diferent so they dont get oneshooted by ignite or scorch 1 weather or epidemic would still fit the army setup? all for 1 and 1 for all type of thing haha
  4. Other tham the Reaver hunter is there anything else that actually have synergy on the whole deck? feels right now that is just the 13 cards for the full reaver hunter combo and some added random stuff
To be honest the regular players cant really answer that we need alot of feedback lore and game wise to what options we actually got, so we can suggest something fare+original that can still use the old art and fit the lore of the current cards so they change is faster and cheaper

2 x Kaedweni sergent can buff all cards by 2 and bring 2 blue stripes to the board. That's 4 x 6 units on the board if you play Foltest. Which can be enough to bait scorch. Just sprinkles some knight elect here and there and use thunder potions to avoid scorch/igni taking too many points.

MooshieMooshie;n8826480 said:
Title says it all, do you think buff NR will ever be top tier with cards like Geralt Igni and Scorch in the game? It seems like it's not possible to build the deck in a way that it doesn't get destroyed by these cards. Even if the deck becomes flavor of the month and everyone is running it, these two cards are just such complete counters that you have almost no way of playing around I don't see how it would ever stay on top. Thoughts?

you don't have to cry anymore - all the whining and Vess is now a free *****. I mean scorch blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
cgidiot;n8830020 said:
you don't have to cry anymore - all the whining and Vess is now a free ******. I mean scorch blocker.

How?? Is the gonna be a change in the next patch??

Ves is getting buffed to 7 I think so yeh, Ves in with the *****

Ves stil doesn't help against weather which will absolutely wreck any Sergeant/Commando build. Hell, even just playing GIgni after the second Sergeant/Commando is going to be a 24 point swing and blocks Ves from even coming out.

Regardless of Ves, NR having cards that level out strength like this is just straight up bad design. Scorch/GIgni/Weather/Rot Tossers/etc, there are just way too many counters, and those counters are all very common in a lot of decks.

Jhinjie96;n8832610 said:
Ves is getting buffed to 7 I think so yeh, Ves in with the cockblock

That's definitely an improvement, I'm not sure it really fixes anything though. All they need to do is smack Ves for 2 or more (since you'll consistently buff to at least 4 or 5 strength) and you have the exact same problem.

Scorch is more counter for Kedwen Sergants since these dudes set so many units on same level.
However if you ignore sergants, and go for more reavers hunters route it is getting better, you just need one card to be one step ahead.

felixsylvaris;n8836150 said:
Scorch is more counter for Kedwen Sergants since these dudes set so many units on same level. However if you ignore sergants, and go for more reavers hunters route it is getting better, you just need one card to be one step ahead.

Just playing Reaver hunters isn't a buff deck though, which was kind of the point of the thread. If the Kedwen Sargent deck is pretty much completely countered by a card that can also be run to counter multiple completely different decks it seems like there needs to be a change. Perhaps so that scorch is aimed more at removing large threats and AoE like scratch is actually what you need to run to counter swarm.

Ves should have been buffed to 9 or 8 IMO.. But ok.. at least she gets +1 point difference from the rest of the row so she can protect us from Gigni once she is out...

Now that's a start..

Last edited:
You can try to use Trollololo or the 8 power knight to block igni or scorch. I´ve tried it a few times and seemed to work okay.

I hate it when there is something OP and people always find 1 way to counter it so they write it as an 'answer to problem' and everything is fine. Like I will add this one card for each problem and I will always draw them in right moment ? No, it doesn't work this way. It is always bad gameplay when 1 card counters your deck. It is even worse when it is your fraction's only viable deck.

Sure you can use Troll or Ves to block low strength minions but still weather instantly ruins them and counter Sergeant buff.
And who the hell thought that new Blue Commando created by Trio effect will be base str ? Because I will have an option to trigger Commando's passive when it has 3 str and my Sergeants are at least 4 ? And drawing 3 str Commando later is really dream come true. It should be equal in power to last Sergeant.

And no Ves is not fine, even as 7 won't be very strong because It is not that easy to trigger Trio. Nowadays Commando's Trio is crap and Reavers are often killed or locked before triggering.
A lot of people just run Roach because you always get it as bonus value and Ves must be more competitive.

And how will you block Reavers ? Reavers are only powerful NRs' minions and their Trio effect is essential to win because other fractions pull high strength minions out of hat.

I made post some time ago about Igni / Scorch / Vilen and suggested something like Quen buff just to let NR exist more on rankings but they till now did nothing for NR except maybe letting us play decent Machine NR deck (after ptach). Well, we will see after monday stream but I am already bored of having to play Reavers in every NR deck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom