Can disc owners get digital download?

+
I've installed the game twice from disc onto a brand-new PS5 (literally; just unboxed it before installing) and the PS5 crashes so hard during character creation that even after two factory resets it still gets stuck in reboot loops for several minutes before finally giving me a menu.

This PS5 can't seem to handle any disc installation of games for the time being, and I've heard that digital downloads of Cyberpunk seem to work much better. Is there any way for disc owners to get the digital download instead?

I can't find a digital copy for sale in any store or online. I know the Playstation store took it down but I though I'd still be able to buy the digital download card for Walmart. I bought the disc version for my PS4 then bought a digital PS5 a fe weeks later. Now I can't continue my game on my PS5. This sucks. I was willing to buy it twice.

Hello.
I would also be interested if and how someone can upgrade (or downgrade - however you see it ;)) a disc version to a digital version. I have the PS4 Disc and the PC Digital version. Tomorrow my brand new PS5 arrives and I would love to play Cyberpunk 2077 on it but the PS is the Digital version so I can't load the PS4 CD.
So my question is: given that Cyberpunk 2077 will return to the PS Store will I have an option to download the game to my PS5 Digital without having to buy a third copy?

Hmm. Still no answer?
Just a quick reminder that CDPR stated that "Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades."
So i take that as a yes to my question and assume that everyone who owns a copy (or in my case two copies) of Cyberpunk 2077 will be able to download and play the PS5 version - regardless if it's a PS5 digital or a PS5 disc version.
1616223754469.png

Top Bottom