Can Geralt swim?

+
Well, I'm no horse expert so it's entirely possible that you're right. I was merely expressing doubt.

wow I've never knew that horses can swim in an OCEAN? a lake or a river that's not too deep is possible since I see that in movies!
As for Witcher 3 it's confirmed swimming tho I think (not so sure) that they said he will swim not in an ocean but in lakes or rivers and probably can dive to get rare things which will depend on his stamina and endurance! So, I assume you can't swim in a sea, you will need to find a boat! As for the horse they've stated you can "train" horses and for Geralt he names "every" horse he owns Roach so I think even if you lose your horse it's not a problem since you can find another one.

i know he can swim but has there been word if he can dive?
IIRC There is not going to be any diving and as other posters have stated, Swimming is going to be based on Geralt's current stamina. Horse swimming is unconfirmed at this point. Personally, I would love to see both implemented, whether at launch or in a post-game patch.

At the very least, I would like diving to be added in ( If presently it is not in the game? ) Then again,if CDPR were to add diving,that means every body of water that is deep enough to dive in,will need underwater development time. At this point, it may not be a priority for the Devs.

It would be a nice bonus but IMO it is not a necessity. There are plenty of other gameplay aspects( implementations,optimizations & expansions) that the team more than likely is concentrating on and considers crucial.

Last edited:
We know from books people dont know anything about underwater habitat, witcher dont know any tactics againts underwater creatures. Whats the point of diving beside seeing lovecraftian horror scenes then run away.

We know from books people dont know anything about underwater habitat, witcher dont know any tactics againts underwater creatures. Whats the point of diving beside seeing lovecraftian horror scenes then run away.

finding underwater cave, loot, extra reason to create aquatic monsters like aeschena from the books etc

He fought a sea monsters in book 1.

Top Bottom