Can Geralt/Triss/Yennefer hair be realistic as this?

+
So much potential at the pc, but the consoles sell more units, well, it's still a business. You need to sell to make a living.

Aver said:
[...] I don't know where the problem lies, but somehow devs don't want to use their technologies.

+

Aver said:
Even PC exclusives don't use their technology. PhysX exists since 2005 and only 15 big games used it. [...]

Probably because they don't like vendor lock in.

heresoon said:
This is from 2 years ago?

BTW, AMD just announced their TressFX hair rendering technology present in the Tomb Raider reboot.
http://blogs.amd.com/play/tressfx/

Surprised you didn't put pictures.

"TressFX will definitely work on any DirectCompute-enabled device. This has roots in the core of Gaming Evolved, where we want to enable technology for all gamers, and not create proprietary features that lock out gamers that use our competitor's products. "

heresoon said:
That's tessellated.

Which means performance is hit hard by it. Obviously it can be done and I do hope we get good hair in TW3 NOT just for Geralt but for others as well ( I am tired of seeing so many bald characters in TW2 ).

So is Ubersampling but CDPR put the option in. As long as it can be turned off I'm all for it. Since this is the last for the trilogy I want CDPR to go crazy on the tech.

CDPR has always said that PC is their main platform. Having something like this would be a great thing to add in that PC gamers would love (a PC designed UI would be nice too ;)). It's the little things.

Aver

Forum veteran
Chromie92 said:
So is Ubersampling but CDPR put the option in. As long as it can be turned off I'm all for it. Since this is the last for the trilogy I want CDPR to go crazy on the tech.

I think that you are talking about Tress and he was talking about Nvidia's solution.

i don't think it'll challenge my 2 year old pc one bit.

big budget mainstreamed games like this tend to be very well optimized, unless you're the epitome of ineptitude(ea games), and the gameplay is very simple: go from point a to be, trigger scripts, press button to activate lara croft going hysterical over kiling someone in self defense, etc...of course she goes on to become a mass murderer with no further incident.

it's the scripted, "cinematic" approach, hide the lack of gameplay with lots of camera angle changes, heavy breathing, needless hysteria, and quick time events to trick the player into believing something interesting is happening.

Top Bottom