Can I ask you all a question? (Witcher 3)

+
Can I ask you all a question? (Witcher 3)

If you guys had the money, which gaming setup would you prefer to run the Witcher 3 on?

Triple monitor 1080p or 1440p single monitor?

Please select your preferences and explain why.

Thanks

I would get one of these curved ultra wide screens that are shown on E3 this year.... those look awesome and i bet they would give nice surround feeling. I have never even considered multi monitor setups... i cant stand that space between monitors, its major immersion breaker, and, not sure how it works, but i bet you have to put them on certain angle so your view is the same as game world.

Honestly 2 monitors would be enough for me, and I'd honestly only play the game on one monitor. Sure, the setups may look cool, but it'd be really crappy having to turn my head all the time to look at multiple monitors. I just want 2 monitors to have a webpage up on one while playing a game on the other, or whatnot.

I would get one of these curved ultra wide screens that are shown on E3 this year.... those look awesome and i bet they would give nice surround feeling. I have never even considered multi monitor setups... i cant stand that space between monitors, its major immersion breaker, and, not sure how it works, but i bet you have to put them on certain angle so your view is the same as game world.

Thanks for the reply! The thing is these 21:9 ultra curve screen do not have the same real estate and full 1080 degree viewing angle needed for panoramic view. Meaning they look good but the viewing angle is not wide enough to really feel like your there. So the immersion is still not there. Unless they make an Ultra Ultra Wide panoramic monitor, then that would be amazing and more costly too.

If you guys had the money, which gaming setup would you prefer to run the Witcher 3 on?

Triple monitor 1080p or 1440p single monitor?

Please select your preferences and explain why.

Thanks

I would most definately go for a 1440p myself.

One, I'd enjoy the graphical fidelity more.
Two, I don't enjoy moving my head left and right while gaming. :p
Three, I don't even have enough space for it.

Can't say I've tried either, but if I had to choose at the moment I'd go with a single 1440p

I have an eyefinity setup and it is great and definitely worth the money.

Unfortunately I can't run it at a high enough fps because the AMD crossfire driver isn't working properly yet (flickering reflections and textures). Still, I've played with it a little bit in TW3 and it really immerses you in the game and it's environment. It works even better in first person games, GTAV is a great game for it.

After playing with eyefinity for a while you don't want to go back.

I can't really comment on 1440p since I have only had 1080p displays, but as that is simply a 16:9 or 16:10 screen with a higher resolution it would be less immersive then eyefinity. You will have less trouble with aliasing though. It probably also is less demanding because there are fewer pixels.

Keep in mind that if you want to build an eyefinity setup and you manage to get yourself a couple displays for cheap, the hardware to run the latest games with it will not be cheap. I need two AMD R9 290s for The Witcher 3, and unfortunately AMD isn't really quick with their crossfire support so I'm currently stuck with playing on a single screen.

An extra benefit with eyefinity is that you have two extra screens to divide your work on, so it's easier to do some multitasking :)

Two, I don't enjoy moving my head left and right while gaming. :p

It may seem silly at first but you aren't supposed to move your head to the side much. It's all about your peripheral vision. That is why near the edges of the side screens you will have stretched details, to stimulate your vision in that region.

A great example of this is driving a car in GTAV in first person, you will see the pedestrians and cars fly past you like you would in reality.

Last edited:
Single 1440p monitor.

Multiple monitors are pretty okay for work and whenever you need to multitask, but while gaming I don't see much benefit.

Single 1440p monitor. Never understood the fascination with mutliple monitors, it's not exactly a joined set since there are black bars separating each screen, which breaks immersion for me. With Virtual Reatlity coming along, I think it will be phased out.

It may seem silly at first but you aren't supposed to move your head to the side much. It's all about your peripheral vision. That is why near the edges of the side screens you will have stretched details, to stimulate your vision in that region.

A great example of this is driving a car in GTAV in first person, you will see the pedestrians and cars fly past you like you would in reality.

Mmm that is probably true once you get used to it. The little I have tested it I kept looking around though when I noticed something in the peripheral. Might be a sideeffect of using glasses more than contact lenses when at home.

already playing at 1440p, but if i had a choice, i would pick those sexy ultra wide big curved monitors !

I think ill skip the multiple monitor setup and buy VR set next year. That would eliminate all multi monitor problems i can think of right now and would also be ten times more immersive.

So, my plan is to upgrade my setup then: VR set, multple gpus with DX12.

I wonder if Witcher 3 will get a DX12 support or they should have been building the game engine from ground up for DX12. Would be nice to get a devs opinion on it.

Top Bottom