Can I have my sex without lung cancer please? [possible spoiler for one romance scene]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)

...ok Karen. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know that's probably a troll, but it really is funny what insignificant stuff some people find to criticize this game for, when, say, virtual smoking is hardly the WORST thing that is wrong with it, or is "forced on V"... it's like complaining about the color of the door handles on a burning car. ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)

WOW, Speechless..

I found it weird that you literally had the option to decline drinking many, many, many times in the game, but apparently are forced to smoke on at least two occasions.

I think my biggest beef with this game has become just how deceiving it was as an on-the-rails type game pretending to be an RPG. Player choice doesn't mean jack shit beyond how you sound, lol.

I found it weird that you literally had the option to decline drinking many, many, many times in the game, but apparently are forced to smoke on at least two occasions.

I think my biggest beef with this game has become just how deceiving it was as an on-the-rails type game pretending to be an RPG. Player choice doesn't mean jack shit beyond how you sound, lol.
The whole drinking thing probably had a reason behind it too, I recon... maybe you'd loose some conversation options when you're drunk or something... or maybe somthing more long term? Dunno.

My biggest beef is that people have wide and variated opinions about what an videogame rpg is. I agree that the player choices were quite over marketed in this game, but how did people play rpg titles such as FF VII, or any FF in that regard. Or Skyrim.. Or Mass Effect. Or even the Witcher. Players did not have much to say in those games either. Only in their builds and/or in how to approach the missions. Some choices mattered sometimes, some didn't, but mostly you were on rails that was the main story, where you could sometimes decide whom is with you, or what colors your ending had in it. Sometimes not even that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom