Can I have my sex without lung cancer please? [possible spoiler for one romance scene]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest beef is that people have wide and variated opinions about what an videogame rpg is. I agree that the player choices were quite over marketed in this game, but how did people play rpg titles such as FF VII, or any FF in that regard. Or Skyrim.. Or Mass Effect. Or even the Witcher. Players did not have much to say in those games either. Only in their builds and/or in how to approach the missions. Some choices mattered sometimes, some didn't, but mostly you were on rails that was the main story, where you could sometimes decide whom is with you, or what colors your ending had in it. Sometimes not even that much.
...and again: It's the fault of the marketing. CDPR gave people the impression this would be a non-defined main character RPG like Skyrim, all that really appeared to be fixed was their name: V.

Well, wrong. V is their own character pretty much from the start... not to the level of, say, Geralt, but enough so that actual roleplaying would, of course, be limited.

EDIT: Not to mention that the rest of the game's narrative and gameplay even further locks in V's character into place, through the absence of any meaningful choices or consequences...

Last edited:
...and again: It's the fault of the marketing. CDPR gave people the impression this would be a non-defined main character RPG like Skyrim, all that really appeared to be fixed was their name: V.

Well, wrong. V is their own character pretty much from the start... not to the level of, say, Geralt, but enough so that actual roleplaying would, of course, be limited.

This is going off topic quite fast, but oh well.

I would argue that even Skyrim is not free from being main-character centered rpg. True, the game did not give you a name to roll with, but you are a dragonborn and shit gets only done when the Dragonborn steps in. People remember you as one, call you one and rarely really care what all else you have done. You are Dragonborn.

But yes, marketing was really over its head, you are right.

Still, my point is that what rpg videogame people refer to when they compare CP2077 and its rpg elements? Only game I can think of that has almost complete freedom over your character and its decisions is Sims.

True rpg experience can only be found from tabletop rpgs and those elements are, so far, quite impossible to fully implement into a videogame.

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

It is not possible to roleplay this game as a hard core non-smoker. Whether V wants it or not, Johnny is a smoker, so V is a smoker. Johnny obviously smokes in V's apartment, if V doesn't. There is a used ashtray right there on the desk.

I think my biggest beef with this game has become just how deceiving it was as an on-the-rails type game pretending to be an RPG. Player choice doesn't mean jack shit beyond how you sound, lol.

Yes, on rails. Many "RPG games" seem to do this, some of them almost to the point of being not much more than travel between long cut scenes. However, pertinent to this thread, Johnny prevents total freedom over the character. Some of the actions of the main character are out of the control of the player, conciously or unconciously. Johnny is an influencer and V is totally helpless against that. Working with that is part of how this game has to be role played.

Though it is an insignificant request. I know how you feel. I roleplay my V as Straight-edge. It's actually pretty cool that dum dum mentions this when you refuse his drugs lol.

Even though i have no problem with the scene, it can ruin your character for you and thats all that matters.

I originally played V as a straight up lass as much as i could, never drank and never smoked, even after the incident with the chip she never turned to anything but herself to deal with it all, then when she meet judy she started falling for someone an helped them best she could, even refused to be responsible for her taking up smoking again but alas it wasnt her choice so she passed them over, then they got close and well the inevitable happens.

Now you need to realise that before that scene V had made there thoughts on smoking very clear, she thought it was disgusting, made ppl stinking and was for posers ontop of possibly thinking if she gave in she was giving more of herself away to the demon in her head Johnny.

Ppl say it doesn't matter but to the player in control of his/her character it matters alot, much like how in Assassins Creed: Odyssey yoy can play your Kassandra as gay but then the game forces a hetero relationship and a baby on you forcing V into the simple act of smoking without player input can ultimately kill that character for the player.

When i first seen the scene my first thought was "fuck johnny took over", i mean thats no a very good thought now is it.

It might seem petty to some, and giving the host of other problems i'd consider it low tier, but it most definitely is a problem, potentially big, for alot of ppl

Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)

so you saying smoking is bad, but you have no problems blasting heads off, decapitating legs and arms, murder, vandalism, destroying property, stealing stuff ?

It's fine that you dislike smoking so intensely that you'd skip a major cut scene - that's up to you. It feels strange that you would then make a forum thread just to highlight that you don't like it.

There is little functional difference between this and someone demanding a non swearing or vegan version of the game. I'd personally prefer the developer effort was spent on more meaningful gameplay changes and new content that everyone will benefit from than cutting trivial things because of a strong opinion voiced by a single user.

Hello,

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)

If there is smoke pouring out of your monitor ----- RUN.

Why not also suggest alcohol, drugs or are they alright in the real world or is it more a matter of what one will tolerate when one chooses to indulge?

The oddest one in real life is those who sit with their foot on a gas pedal in a traffic queue and believe no one is been harmed by it because they are seemingly purifying the air.

Last edited:
Tbh I would have prefered to make V cough at least a little after the first inhale. Definitely would have been more immersive.

V breaths in the polluted air of Nightcity every day, has various enchantments, including lungs and has Johnny's years of smoking experience. V coughing or not is trivial. Imo. Or her forced smoking also. I mean really, 1 smoke for a piece of Judy. Not a bad deal and something many ppl are willing to make. At least I would, tho I'm a smoker myself so.. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom