Can I have my sex without lung cancer please? [possible spoiler for one romance scene]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus smoking Christ!

I had to log in just to say I adore this thread and I adore you for posting this.

I fully support you in this. CDPR change this immediately. We don't want lung cancer, we just want sexy time.

Sign the petition! LOL
Quickly make a change.org petition NOW!

The whole drinking thing probably had a reason behind it too, I recon... maybe you'd loose some conversation options when you're drunk or something... or maybe somthing more long term? Dunno.
Maybe it's more for the fact that you can prolong and think about the answer you want to give?! :)

Memes asside. I believe smoke, drugs and alcohol go hand to hand with the cyberpunk genere. Low life, high tech. Human life does not matter. Also you roleplay an edgerunner, a bouty hunter that is almost certain to die from a bullet any time soon, so you experience all you can because most edgerunners don't live too long, and all of them smoke and drink.

Just this small consideration, otherwise keep the memes coming guys, as I said before: this post is a pure meme goldmine.

PS: go watch Cowboy Bebop.

Jesus smoking Christ!

I had to log in just to say I adore this thread and I adore you for posting this.

I fully support you in this. CDPR change this immediately. We don't want lung cancer, we just want sexy time.

Sign the petition! LOL

This might be a "problem" by the english version though, since those terms are more commonly used there?! (at least as much as I know about the english uses in games). german doesn't have this problem or I really didn't recognise it

This might be a "problem" by the english version though, since those terms are more commonly used there?! (at least as much as I know about the english uses in games). german doesn't have this problem or I really didn't recognise it
I am not a Christian but I say Jezssusss all the time when something is stressing me or making me angry.

You guys do realize you can't get lung cancer from smoking a virtual cigarette in a video game, right? I mean, if you can smoke and have absolutely no repercussions, you should take the opportunity to experience life free from this crippling fear you have. It's an RPG after all, why not roleplay a person who's not offended by fictional characters doing something you do not personally enjoy IRL?

Or hey, pretend it's not tobacco, but pot instead. That's much more "acceptable" now.

You guys do realize you can't get lung cancer from smoking a virtual cigarette in a video game, right? I mean, if you can smoke and have absolutely no repercussions, you should take the opportunity to experience life free from this crippling fear you have. It's an RPG after all, why not roleplay a person who's not offended by fictional characters doing something you do not personally enjoy IRL?

Or hey, pretend it's not tobacco, but pot instead. That's much more "acceptable" now.

This is not a serious thread from the start, moderators only keep it open for the memes, really. It's more a satire ( a caricature, about how people get offended with everything now a days, full of sarcasm) than anything else. Don't worry. And don't loose all faith in humanity : )

Last edited:
I would call it feedback rather than complaint. But no, there were other things I was not very happy with. For example I didn't like it when I heard V saying things like "Jusus" or "Christ", when she had already made it clear in some earlier dialogue choice that she is not a believer.
I'm not a believer and I say them every now and then...and I mean them just as sincerely as everyone else. I understand your point, though.

Nice try you silver tongued devil, but your ways of the tobacco have no power here.

You shall not sway us!

You shall not stop us!

Our holly crusade of cleansing all of the gaming world from the demonic practice that is smoking shall continue!

Necroing this.

I wanted to mention something about this before, but got distracted. Now, partway through my Corpo run, I am reminded of the issue, because the Corpo path uniquely forces V to smoke in a certain scene (not Johnny's takeover).

The reason this sucks is partly because of the obvious: maybe I don't want to f-----g smoke. The game goes out of its way to painstakingly give the player agency over these decisions, and then squanders the whole thing on what I can only assume is a sequence put together by somebody who simply never got the memo.

But it also sucks for a more fundamental reason: It's more evidence of small decisions that the director of the game failed to recognize as poor. This one falls into the same exact category as the fact that you can't assign lower-tier Quickhacks, even when there are legitimate reasons one might wish to do so. It's not a bug—it's an honest to goodness lack of foresight. "The player won't care, so we're not going to bother." They'll never fix this because, evidently, player agency is well outside the intended scope of this game.

I consider this to be the worst aspect of this smoking snafu because it's a philosophy that affected the entire game in small ways and prevented it from being what it could have been. When the game contains several nods to Fallout New Vegas, such as quest names inspired by old songs or "When I find you, I'm gonna eat your spleen", you know people on the team had aspirations to make a RPG of the same caliber. That makes the failure all the more acute.

Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)

It amazes me how many peopel don't get it. The FAKE world this game takes place in is about total personal apathy, shallowness, void, death. That is it. They do not care if they smoke or drink or have rampant sex or that violence runs free on the streets. the average citizen just does not care.

the problem with the mentality of "the video game made me do it"....

I don't smoke.

I think smoking is wrong

but you can call me chimney in a video game for all i care because it is a GAME... :D

[...]
i've killed more digital people in the past month then all of the terminator movies combined...

i'm sorry but if a cig is what takes you out of immersion, then this not not the game for you. since there are plenty of game breaking bugs that does far more :)

people, please google, fantasy vs reality

we need to teach our children between good and bad and not leave it up to digital media to do that job. they have ulterior motives.

an entire generation of current adults have already been ruined by the ignorance and negligence of the previous generation of adults who does not see the destructive and addictive nature of social media.

ask yourself this. if you ask a smoker to choose between cigarette and their smart phone, which would they chose?

adults these days have been programmed to perpetuate that addiction and passing that addiction onto their young. we are closer to the dystopian universe of cyberpunk then we think.

how many people would accept cyberware implants today in OUR own universe if it means they get super x-ray vision and super hearing as well as unlimited internet access just by thinking about it. how many people bought a brand new iphone instead of paying their rent in our current universe? how many would consider that choice 20 years from now when the addiction is entrenched even deeper then today?

would YOU consider that iPhone 37 ear implant? or a real life kiroshi google eyeball that gives you full spectrum vision from infrared to ultra violet? maybe an x-ray module upgrade for good measure? 30 years from now when cataracts is making your blind and all your friends are saying it's safe to get the implant because google arasak marketing machine told them it's safe? would you take out a second mortgage on your house to pay for the implant if all your loved one's beg you to do it?

how many people today already own VR or AR goggles? wouldn't it be so much better resolution and fidelity if it was an actual eyeball implant with direct optic nerve interface instead? imagine the visual bandwidth of direct optical nerve tap and framerate you can get on that thing? why do you have to sit at your desk to play cyberpunk 2077? when you can play it anywhere with an augmented reality overlay on your newly implanted kiroshi google optics MK3?

remember the ulterior motive i mentioned earlier? if current law and practices persist, the data of anything and everything you see, hear, taste, smell and feel as well as any emotional response resulting from those stimuli, would become google corporate property and you give google the RIGHT to inject ads directly into your eyeball whether your eyelids are open or closed... close your eyes? not problem. the ultra OLED display on the eyeball can show you the ads even when you are asleep... yah it's all in those fine prints on the 7000 page EULA that you signed when you had the eyeball implant... oh yah that 2nd mortgage only paid for the implant procedure, but google actually still own that eyeball as well as the operating system running on the eyeball. kinda like that 20 year old grid tied solar panel on the roof of YOUR house that you are still paying the power company for.

coming back to current day 2021... how many people can define privacy and have been educated enough to understand the importance of privacy? does anyone know if YOU own the data collected by that smart phone that you THOUGHT you bought and is sitting in YOUR pocket? does anyone know exactly how many sensors are built into that phone? and how many "ETs" are phoning home in that smart phone at this second?

mike called it :) he's a smart guy. and his timing is actually not that far off. we are only maybe 100 years off from cyberpunk 2020 which is maybe only a blink of an eye in terms of the entire human evolution timeline. time to prepare for that 1st corporate war between google/apple/microsoft vs baidu/alibaba/tencent :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom