Can I have my sex without lung cancer please? [possible spoiler for one romance scene]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
V has his/her own personality and within this personality we as the player have a limited range of choice what V is doing. If V is taking a smoke at one point then we simply have no choice in that moment. V is not what the player wants to be otherwise we would be able to fully cusomize an unique origin of our own beside the three implemented origins.

At one point i was thinking, why my V cannot persists on riding a bicycle to reduce air pollution in night city? Only choice i have is walking, wich is ok but in the future there still should be bicycles, no?

*shrugs* We cannot decide everything all the time. Its a game no reality.

Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)
don't worry, it's not a cigar. It's just a joint.

Bruh, I get that your reflexive tone when on the losing end of an argument is condescension, but you and I must not have played the same game. One thing CDPR made certain to enable, from A to Z, is a squeaky clean playthrough with zero kills.

Besides, even if I were killing every living thing that crossed my path, the actual argument here is that I choose to roleplay a character who doesn't harm himself. You are trying to put smoking/drinking/substance abuse in the same category as violence, like this is the MPAA. It legitimately scares me that you would consider the topic in such simplistic terms.

Sounds like it's time for a cigarette and some relaxation.

Last edited:
Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)
But you're still stuck smoking that cigarette with Judy,so you'll have to deal with it 🙂

Necroing this.

The reason this sucks is partly because of the obvious: maybe I don't want to f-----g smoke. The game goes out of its way to painstakingly give the player agency over these decisions, and then squanders the whole thing on what I can only assume is a sequence put together by somebody who simply never got the memo.

Do you want to kill people, steal, or do any of the deplorable things V does in the game?

V isn't you.

I'm surprised it all hasn't turned to Vaping and a vape shop on every other corner along with the gazillion sex shops in the game. :eek: :shrug:

I'm surprised it all hasn't turned to Vaping and a vape shop on every other corner along with the gazillion sex shops in the game. :eek: :shrug:
Vaping wasn't invented in this divergent timeline I guess.

Though still, it's a missed opportunity to think what they could do with cigarettes. I would imagine you could get them from vending machines and they'd come in different flavors and be colored that way (matching smoke color as well). For example, strawberry flavored ciggs that are colored pink (with green filters) and make you exhale pink smoke.

As a non-smoker though, I do also agree that they went the wrong route with that sex scene. If you've RP'd V as a nonsmoker then she shouldn't be smoking. Although maybe it's some cigaweed, I dunno :shrug: would people be okay with that instead?

Who cares about disease in Night City?

It's established that there are implants for every part of your body.

Circulatory System, Immune System and Nervous system should prevent most disease anyway!

At some point, you learn that Cardio and Kidney implants exist too!

You are more at risk from dying from a straight bullet while hailing a taxi then disease ;)

As shown by Lizzy Wizzy, you can even transfer your consciousness to a machine and live forever!
satan and live.jpg

Maybe add a "No thanks" option?
May as well not even waste your breath. The only argument these troglodytes can come up with is tactless derision. They're not comfortable countering points, so they bust out the memes, and then high-five each other, like it's a victory if you have peers with which you can share losing the argument.

Who cares about disease in Night City?

It's established that there are implants for every part of your body.

Circulatory System, Immune System and Nervous system should prevent most disease anyway!

At some point, you learn that Cardio and Kidney implants exist too!

You are more at risk from dying from a straight bullet while hailing a taxi then disease ;)

As shown by Lizzy Wizzy, you can even transfer your consciousness to a machine and live forever!
View attachment 11158856
costs money, Lizzy becomes a psycho, and they still got diseases. The vast amount of people are poor, and their cyberware is on loan, or crappy. night city had 27% population drop this year according to some radio

V is not what the player wants to be otherwise we would be able to fully cusomize an unique origin of our own beside the three implemented origins.
I haven't gone out of my way to make my point ambiguous. There are exactly two moments in the game where the script writer / sequence dev didn't get the memo on V refusing drinking/smoking. The game admirably gives the player choice on this topic, almost certainly because CDPR were aware that the player would want that choice. Why the hell else would they literally write and record the line, "You know I don't drink"? They made two slips. The catastrophe here is that this isn't a question of averages; a single slip ruins the entire effort.

Are they going to change things at this point? Obviously not. Modders will see to it. But a solid way of ensuring that such concerns are scrutinized in future projects is by making them aware of the need. Would any of the argument-impoverished dimwits here have any legit complaints if the no-smoking option had been truly universal in CP2077? Of course not. They're here because somebody stepped on their fee-fees—maybe a little personal guilt about their smoking problem? CDPR will take the criticism of their failure here to heart regardless.

Oh, so it's ok to 'force' the player into situations potentially hazardous to their character's health by way of bullets, grenades, blades and high speed collisions, but NO WAY can we expose said character to the horrendous hazards of smoking and drinking. Thread is hilarious. :LOL:

night city had 27% population drop this year according to some radio

you know, that's something a politician would say :D quoting statistics w/o context...

what % of that 27% is a result of lead toxicisty? :D what % of that is from Cervical Fracture? what % of that is being in the same zip code as V? :D cuz i'm pretty sure in my playthrough... i've bumped that number a few percentage upward just by driving :D and i'm just 1 merc out of hundreds of thousands...

Oh, so it's ok to 'force' the player into situations potentially hazardous to their character's health by way of bullets, grenades, blades and high speed collisions, but NO WAY can we expose said character to the horrendous hazards of smoking and drinking. Thread is hilarious. :LOL:
And the moment V develops a habit of inflicting bullet wounds on himself with guns he's holding in his hands, you'll have a point. But since the incongruity of your equivalency escaped you the first time, I wouldn't expect you to glean comprehension just because I'm shoving it in your face.

And the moment V develops a habit of inflicting bullet wounds on himself with guns he's holding in his hands, you'll have a point. But since the incongruity of your equivalency escaped you the first time, I wouldn't expect you to glean comprehension just because I'm shoving it in your face.

Don't try to sound clever by being overly verbose. It's ridiculously affected. The point SO remains because V doesn't exactly shy away from activities that attract gunfire and explosions, but actively engages them.

Target destroyed. :LOL:

you know, that's something a politician would say :D quoting statistics w/o context...

what % of that 27% is a result of lead toxicisty? :D what % of that is from Cervical Fracture? what % of that is being in the same zip code as V? :D cuz i'm pretty sure in my playthrough... i've bumped that number a few percentage upward just by driving :D and i'm just 1 merc out of hundreds of thousands...

I'm curious as well, 27% is crazy, maybe many people just left though

The OP's reasons don't matter to me.

What matters is there are at least 2 times when you can deny smoking too Johnny - one where the refusal option is directly saying you don't smoke. So for different reasons I agree, it would be good not to be forced into smoking when you are V - it is a way for V to assert their identity in the face of Johnny's desire to smoke. Sure force smoking when Johnny is in the pilot's seat, but don't force it on V. (It just means editing the Judy scene so that V doesn't smoke based on their initial response to Johnny asking for a smoke.)

I also agree with the people who want V to be able to smoke by choice. I went to a high school where you could get permission to smoke in a designated area during the 80s... if my dystopian 80s future merc smokes, they shouldn't have to wait for Johnny to ask for one or Judy to hand them one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom