Can I have my sex without lung cancer please? [possible spoiler for one romance scene]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised it all hasn't turned to Vaping and a vape shop on every other corner along with the gazillion sex shops in the game. :eek: :shrug:

Smoking is (slightly) more self destructive than vaping, so it fits a Cyberpunk universe a little better, IMO.
Post automatically merged:

Somebody already said it: Don't date a smoker. Nobody forces you to get romantically involved with Judy. If smoking is a deal-breaker, don't hook up with Judy. If being with Judy is more important to you than the fact she smokes and gets you to, then problem solved.

Smoking is (slightly) more self destructive than vaping, so it fits a Cyberpunk universe a little better, IMO.

Somebody already said it: Don't date a smoker. Nobody forces you to get romantically involved with Judy. If smoking is a deal-breaker, don't hook up with Judy. If being with Judy is more important to you than the fact she smokes and gets you to, then problem solved.
Oh no, I could care less whether they smoke or not. I'm just surprised with how vaping has rocketed now and that wasn't put in the game is all and not seeing vape shops everywhere.

the characters smoke because of subliminal messaging and advertisement. Why do people smoke? Does it taste nice? Does it do anything for you at all? Do the images we see in films growing up E.G dyeing solders last wish to smoke or people smoking at parties and having a great time and being the centre of attention and big strong men smoking tell us something? we are led to believe that smoking gives you something, makes you tough, it calms your nerves and gives you power, this is why people smoke. I smoked for 15 years and now I'm a non-smoker I feel incredible I take part in sports and always have energy but when Johnny Silverhand has a smoke there is still a tiny voice telling me that he is cool and to smoke and that is the point. the characters don't need to smoke, it does nothing for the story it would be exactly the same if no character smoked so why are they smoking??????????

the characters smoke because of subliminal messaging and advertisement. Why do people smoke? Does it taste nice? Does it do anything for you at all? Do the images we see in films growing up E.G dyeing solders last wish to smoke or people smoking at parties and having a great time and being the centre of attention and big strong men smoking tell us something? we are led to believe that smoking gives you something, makes you tough, it calms your nerves and gives you power, this is why people smoke. I smoked for 15 years and now I'm a non-smoker I feel incredible I take part in sports and always have energy but when Johnny Silverhand has a smoke there is still a tiny voice telling me that he is cool and to smoke and that is the point. the characters don't need to smoke, it does nothing for the story it would be exactly the same if no character smoked so why are they smoking??????????
Some people smoke, because they actually enjoy it and not only to be "cool". They enjoy the taste of tobacco and for some (me included) it really does help calm their nerves in difficult situations. CDPR wanted to make the characters realistic, that's why some characters smoke other don't, because -maybe- they like it? Not sure why some people are even bothered with this... is it really that hard to just accept that some people will just go with it in the heat of the moment, even if your character isn't strictly a smoker? One, two drags won't hurt that much those rosy lungs...

...ok Karen. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know that's probably a troll, but it really is funny what insignificant stuff some people find to criticize this game for, when, say, virtual smoking is hardly the WORST thing that is wrong with it, or is "forced on V"... it's like complaining about the color of the door handles on a burning car. ;)
That is the most pathetic thing to criticise, honestly... I don't see the point in this thread. Another "let me just quickly criticize the game simply because I can" kind of matter. I don't smoke myself irl... I'm not a smoker... but come on... I smoke in this game every chance I get because it fits the moment I think.

That is the most pathetic thing to criticise, honestly... I don't see the point in this thread. Another "let me just quickly criticize the game simply because I can" kind of matter. I don't smoke myself irl... I'm not a smoker... but come on... I smoke in this game every chance I get because it fits the moment I think.

and now imagine guys, how is it to be Johny Silverhand in the head of such an individuum...
Bro... Judy isn't even into guys... so imagine Johnny's luck... Johnny would have been the first and only guy to actually get to "have sex" with Judy, through female V.
But NAAAHH! Once in a lifetime opportunity, completely missed because of a cig... How Johnny could tolerate V after that, I don't even know...

Last edited:
OOOOOOO-K I'm sorry to tell you that this post won't get anywhere choomba, I think you chose the wrong romance, although if you look at it there are many occasions where you can refuse to smoke. So I am afraid that this will not reach any important change in your suggestion but, usually I am one of the players who does not stop commenting on some changes in the interaction with the NPCs and the increase of more options for romance especially with Judy so I will also say I admire that you are willing to give this type of suggestion and don't let anyone discourage you. Keep trying to propose changes. People like you need to suggest even the smallest possible option.

Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)
Yikes!!

Hello,

I make this post to criticize inclusion of smoking (by V) in romance scene with Judy. I do not smoke. I may role-play a killer but I will not role-play a smoker, because I see smokers as weak people who are fooled by advertisements, corpo lies. Weak people who cannot resist peer pressure. As I was having girl-on-girl action with Judy, I suddenly found myself smoking ?! Please don't force these kinds of things on player characters. I like it that you give the option to refuse alcohol and religion in dialogue options. I will regard this smoking thing as a blunder. Please do not repeat.

I had to skip sex with her. Sorry Judy, it is either cigar or me.

(I know you can purchase artificial lungs. Go ahead and smoke... That corpo will first sell you the cigar, and then the lungs.)
Dear CDPR,

Please include smoking in everything, I am a strong war fighter who served on the front lines as a soldier. I enjoy smoking, drinking, and fucking in any order and try to maximize my time spent enjoying any three of those hobbies, combinations preferred. I take people scared of death in any form as weak. I find people who don't drink and smoke untrustworthy. If you only drink or only smoke, you can make up for your lack of both drinking and smoking by having been arrested or in the UFC. Please make us all stronger by including smoking because it shows the reckless abandon needed to be strong, brave, and the willingness to accept death. We need these traits to survive in Night City. Please don't force me to not smoke, please patch in more cigarettes so I can feel strong in the game. Please add ashtrays and cigarette lighters to all cars. Please add a car made out of cigarettes that runs on whiskey. Please add cigarette vending machines (to match the gun machines) - Also Please, everything V says and does is a direct reflection of myself, who I am as a person, and what I stand for. I have to account for all of my actions in CP77 daily and publicly, every deviation caused me incredible distress. Also I prefer choomba over choom, please patch out choom, people who just say choom are lazy. I hate lazy people, that's why I play video games. Give me to choice to type all of my dialogue and have the voice actor read it for me. I will send you my gaming schedule so we can coordinate. Also I noticed there is no backstory for military, you only have nomad, corpo, and street kid. I can't play this game anymore unless you add another life-path because the other ones are weak. Understand I am a good person because I am complaining, that's how you can tell I know what I'm talking about. If any countries or small shore side communities need a ruler I am available during most weekdays, my weekends are booked with smoking, drinking, and fucking

I will send you my home address also, relocate night city to my geographic area so i can understand the game better

Thank you,

P.S. I need a height slider I can't relate to V's height in first person, I need to be able to adjust for my height - people who aren't my height are wrong

I almost forgot, also add super hardcore drugs and a withdrawal timer - not that I am going to use them, but I need the option to not use them

Game is so unrealistic right now its almost not playable... V doesn't even have an smartphone, but make sure its an iPhone, I will uninstall if its android

At least Geralt looked and acted just like me <3 how did this game get made by the same studio that made Thronebreaker?

All this thread is doing is attracting replies that clearly are making fun of the OP (some deleted). Time to put an end to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom