Can I have the option to disable GGs?

+
This will sound incredibly stupid, but I just want an option to disable GGs after the game. I'm just so sick of seeing GG pop up when I rarely see a "good game" anymore.

I honestly don't care about getting rewards for someone saying gg because I don't feel like I earned a reward most games. If I want to "have fun" anymore, I have to use a broken deck and win by 100 points, literally remove every card my opponents have in existence so they're left with nothing, or some other broken and uncounterable gimmick because everyone else is using them.

It just feels like a slap in the face to someone who loses in humiliating ways to say "man, that was a good game, wasn't it?" No, it wasn't because it was one sided.
It certainly feels like a slap in my face when the roles are reversed and I try to just have fun with a new deck. Wow! GG! I suck! I'm clearly no match for a broken meta that's been a thing this entire expansion!

Okay, maybe this got off topic a bit because I'm not really having fun in GWENT since Price of Power dropped, and maybe I'm just being toxic in wanting to have an option to disable the GG button in my match, but tell me I'm not the only one who hates seeing GG pop up if they lost by 100 points or had their entire deck and field cleared out...

There were numerous discussion on the GG topic - people hating this system, people wondering why not everyone GGs every time, there were even ideas on reworking the system.
But it seems it's pretty low on the devs' change list (if there at all).
My advice - if you continue playing Gwent, just regard it a consolation resource bonus. Distance yourself from the meaning this reward is designed to have if it maddens you so.

Why do you still play then if have no fun anymore? I stopped gwent about 4 times, starting short for a few weeks up to my last pause of over 1 year. It may be a hassle to get used to the new features/cards by then, but its definitively worth it.
Just distance yourself from this (broken) game.

Why do you still play then if have no fun anymore?
Honestly, I don't know anymore. I don't know why I play anything online that involves other people because they all turn out the same way for me: Fun at first, maybe for awhile, but then the burnout and frustration sets in. I've always been extremely introverted and interacting with people usually makes me incredibly uncomfortable, frustrated, or just flat out dumb feeling, to the point where I wish I had never shown up in the first place (a loooot of deleted accounts and friendships across the web over the past decade...). I really just need to unplug my ethernet cable.

Honestly, I don't know anymore. I don't know why I play anything online that involves other people because they all turn out the same way for me: Fun at first, maybe for awhile, but then the burnout and frustration sets in. I've always been extremely introverted and interacting with people usually makes me incredibly uncomfortable, frustrated, or just flat out dumb feeling, to the point where I wish I had never shown up in the first place (a loooot of deleted accounts and friendships across the web over the past decade...). I really just need to unplug my ethernet cable.
For me the solution was to get back to single-player games more and more, while keeping a healthy amount of competitve games around (like Gwent). Overall the online-multiplayer communities tend to move towards the same aggressive, instant-gratification toxicity, with the general age level dropping lower and lower. Ten years ago I was playing at least 2-3 competitive multiplayer games online simultaneously, various formats - nowadays I tend to appreciate the silent calm moving back to singleRPG titles etc.

Last edited:
I agree it's probably one of the most dumb mechanics next to taunts. Atleast I can mute all players. Usually if I'm playing normal and someone starts playing mind games with taunt I play mind games with the timer/their patience. You have no chat options to prevent negative impact in the game; but make a mechanic solely to annoy or say dumb things which people of course spam to annoy.

As for GG itself makes no sense. Rewarding someone who beat you with a deck they didn't make themselves and a combo you seen a million times bc you chose wrong deck in Q. You wouldn't go up to a rich person and say "dang bro you're rich and privileged! Here take my 20$! Keep it up." I think removing both even if they aren't replaced would be good. Can't chat in the game anyway so interaction should be kept to card play.

It's called "good game" but for me the main reason to give gg is to grant resources for the opponent.
I expect the same from the other player. I give most of the games gg.

This is such a minimal bonus reward, I just press GG every time and be done with it.

The reward depends on the prestige level. It starts with 5 ore/scraps which goes up to 7/9/11/13.

I refuse to give GG to anyone that has a copy paste deck.
For incredible almost everyone has copy paste deck.

Since i play in smartphone i dont like too much to play on rank (usually o go to pro to gain more rps and stop to play) só almost my games are unranked.

I like to see my opponents profile, and its normal i face some players Who has less than 100 wins and already are using netdecks.

All the cards are there, but because The opponents are rookies they make a lot of mistakes

For incredible almost everyone has copy paste deck.

Since i play in smartphone i dont like too much to play on rank (usually o go to pro to gain more rps and stop to play) só almost my games are unranked.

I like to see my opponents profile, and its normal i face some players Who has less than 100 wins and already are using netdecks.

All the cards are there, but because The opponents are rookies they make a lot of mistakes
I wonder whether rank affects matchup even in unranked play. I see net decks only about 25 to 30% percent of my games. I do see maybe 50% of my opponents making significant errors (usually badly overcommitting), but many play well with weak decks.

I lost interest in ranked play long ago and have allowed my rank to drop into the upper teens. I only play ranked if I forget to set the game to unranked, or once a month so I can earn some rewards.

Top Bottom