Can I make my own language pack?

+
Can I make my own language pack?

Hello everyone, I am a newbie in the mod scene. Without allot of talk, I have a friend who wants to play witcher 3 but he can't because he can't read/speak/understand any of the language provided in the game. I would like to translate the game and make my own Greek language pack. Is that possible? Thanks in advance.

Wishes for great Christmas, health and love !!!!

Guest 2364765

Possible? Yes.
Easy, or viable for a single person?

Not really.

If you have the time then yes. However it would probably take too long.

But if you do want to tackle it the only tool you will need is the W3Strings Decoder and Encoder.
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1055/
Look for w3strings files in the w3 install folder.

Now this tool only supports existing game languages (afaik), so you will have to replace an existing language's files.

Thanks for the replies. I know that it will take too long to finish but I really want my friend to play that game ( and I will do it ). This game is such a gold, it's a shame for a gamer to not play this game. Anyway, I will try to make my friends help, or gather a small group of people in a forum to help me with that.

If I don't find anyone I will do it myself, so I don't care. How long do you think it'll take?

Hatsos;n10094271 said:
How long do you think it'll take?
Text extracted from English strings have size near 9Mb. Considering that text files contain duplicates and some strings related data it is possible to say that you have to translate something like ~7-8 Mb of plain text data. So my bet is half a year if we are speaknig about small group of translators :)

Last edited:
DJ_Kovrik;n10094341 said:
Text extracted from English strings have size near 9Mb. Considering that text files contain duplicates and some strings related data it is possible to say that you have to translate something like ~7-8 Mb of plain text data. So my bet is half a year if we are speaknig about small group of translators

I thought it will take longer than that but yeah, it is allot of work I am willing to do so no prob. One question : Can you provide me the English string files please? Is it easy/possible for you to do that? Thanks in advance.

Hatsos;n10094381 said:
I thought it will take longer than that but yeah, it is allot of work I am willing to do so no prob. One question : Can you provide me the English string files please? Is it easy/possible for you to do that? Thanks in advance.
If you want to deal with language files you must learn how to use strings encoder anyway and this is a good starting spot :) Check the link above from Lim3zer0

DJ_Kovrik;n10094441 said:
If you want to deal with language files you must learn how to use strings encoder anyway and this is a good starting spot Check the link above from Lim3zer0

I checked the link, downloaded the files and did some reading. But how can I learn using it without files ? :p I am on my laptop now and I don't have the game installed on this machine. That's why I want someone to send me the files or give me a link so I can download them ( if that is possible ) and start experimenting. :)

Hatsos;n10094491 said:
I checked the link, downloaded the files and did some reading. But how can I learn using it without files ? :p I am on my laptop now and I don't have the game installed on this machine. That's why I want someone to send me the files or give me a link so I can download them ( if that is possible ) and start experimenting. :)

Here are all the en string files already decoded for you.

Well.. Good Luck!

:look:

In case it is useful for more accurate translation, this file contains the dialogue lines in the context of the actual scenes and who is saying them. Unfortunately, the string IDs are hexadecimal.

Lim3zer0;n10102971 said:
Here are all the en string files already decoded for you. Well.. Good Luck!

sv3672;n10103141 said:
In case it is useful for more accurate translation, this file contains the dialogue lines in the context of the actual scenes and who is saying them. Unfortunately, the string IDs are hexadecimal.

Thank you very much guys. I'll update the post with some news in the near future. For now i wish everyone happy holidays and health to you and the ones you love.

Top Bottom