Can I use Witcher 3 Soundtrack for YouTube videos?

+
Can I use Witcher 3 Soundtrack for YouTube videos?

I wonder since I got it with my purchase, how the copyright thing is with these songs.
Will I be able to use it on YouTube video that has profit turned on from commercials?

@May17th - it may also be worth explaining what kind of videos, as the answer MAY be different for "Videos of TW3" and "Something completely unrelated".

Witcher 3 soundtrack copyright

I just have a quick question on the witcher 3 soundtrack. I am in the process of making a video thats somewhat of a montage of different games, and i wanted to use "the trail" as the music on my video. Question: would my video be taken down by CDPR or claimed for using copyrighted music? Said video would appear on youtube ofcourse.
Also, happy birthday to me. (please clap)|
EDIT: Thanks for moving my post, sorry for not looking through the forums more thoroughly. @Dragonbird My video is a montage of various actions from a few games, like finishers from TW3, Shadows of mordor, leaps of fate from AC series and a few more. Also, would there be a difference if i monetized that video or not? Thanks.

EDIT 2: Thank you @Burza46 for clearing things up for me.

Last edited:
Hi - I can see from this discussion and from Projekt Red's Video Policy page that they are fine with fans producing "Let's Plays" and walkthroughs and posting them on Youtube.

What I'm not clear on is whether Projekt Red is fine with music from their games being used in non-commercial youtube videos that otherwise don't relate to their games.

More specifically, I'm planning to start a non commercial series on Youtube about Tabletop Roleplaying games, and wanted to use soundtracks from Witcher 2 and 3 as background music.

Would this be in breach of Projekt Red's Video Policy?

Top Bottom