Can mage perform this

+
In witcher 3 villagers come to Keira in order to ask about help for their cow which got ill. Pellar also mentions if someone needs love potion they should visit witch.

So my question is based on witcher universe (Both books and games) is it possible for mages/druids/pellars to cure ill animal (like cow ) or create love potion that works ?

My impression is: "not really".

What the pellar and Keira are doing is playing their role. I think that for "magical healing" of any sort to work, both the magic-user and the recipient must have conducive physiology. (Sort of like witchers being mutants, which allows them to drink a Swallow Potion and not have their insides liquefy. Ditto with magic-users and healing spells. And that applies to things like love potions as well.)

So, "normal" humans and animals can probably be helped to a degree by magical healing, but it's probably better for the body to just heal itself. Less chance of unexpected side-effects. Conversely, if the individual in question is inherently magic, it's probably better for them to seek magical means of healing. For the love potion thing, I imagine it would have a more profound effect on sorcerers or sorceresses than on an average human.

I interpret the way the world works to be a division between two realities leftover from the conjunction of the spheres. There's "magic", which is the natural state of monsters and such, and then there's the "normal world", which is the natural state of human beings in our sphere.

My impression is: "not really".

What the pellar and Keira are doing is playing their role. I think that for "magical healing" of any sort to work, both the magic-user and the recipient must have conducive physiology. (Sort of like witchers being mutants, which allows them to drink a Swallow Potion and not have their insides liquefy. Ditto with magic-users and healing spells. And that applies to things like love potions as well.)

So, "normal" humans and animals can probably be helped to a degree by magical healing, but it's probably better for the body to just heal itself. Less chance of unexpected side-effects. Conversely, if the individual in question is inherently magic, it's probably better for them to seek magical means of healing. For the love potion thing, I imagine it would have a more profound effect on sorcerers or sorceresses than on an average human.

I interpret the way the world works to be a division between two realities leftover from the conjunction of the spheres. There's "magic", which is the natural state of monsters and such, and then there's the "normal world", which is the natural state of human beings in our sphere.
I did some research and it appears healing with magic is possible .

- Geralt mother specialized in healing magic.

- Triss is also said to be skilled magic healer.

- today while playing Pyres of the Novigrad in Putrid grove if you stay and watch you can see a mage who healed person eye , man said he could not see on that eye , mage said some words and healed him with magic . Also in same quest Triss said that people are coming to mages for treatment from disease because they fear death from disease more than torture by temple guard and witch hunters.

- it says (on witcher wiki I assume books are source ) druids take wild animals and heal their wounds and sickness so I assume maybe Keira should be able to heal cow .

Didnt find anything about love potions BTW.

Top Bottom