can somebody tell me whos idea it was to remove all characters after the ending?

+
can somebody tell me whos idea it was to remove all characters after the ending?

this is a absolutely fantastic game, the ending was good, but after the ending, you just stay at kaer morhen with no one to interact with, where's the characters and the consequences we've made within the game? it's the same environment as before.

is this a bug or intended?

Probably neither.

I've said this a few times already, but the more I play, the more I realize that this game was rushed, incredibly rushed. Hopefully EE makes it good.

Probably neither.

I've said this a few times already, but the more I play, the more I realize that this game was rushed, incredibly rushed. Hopefully EE makes it good.

for all that I know it could have been on purpose for us to wait for a expansion, although I doubt it.

yeah, its the ending of geralts story, I know this, but why not let us interact with characters, why not change the world based on your consequences, what is the issue with this?

Because the game would continue on and there would no ending.

I am already seeing this in this kind of threads - people demanding quests for main characters, party interaction and what not. Does not seem like an ended story to me.

CDPR should've simply made the game to end with the ending, like they were originally going to do. This just causes unneccesary problems. The franchise's replayability comes from playing again and making different decisions, not from dicking around after the most important part, the story, ends.

I mean let's say they give you a two option conversation with Yennefer - would that suddenly make the world feel alive? Hardly. It would still be dead after that conversation is over because the story is over.

Because the game would continue on and there would no ending.

I am already seeing this in this kind of threads - people demanding quests for main characters, party interaction and what not. Does not seem like an ended story to me.

CDPR should've simply made the game to end with the ending, like they were originally going to do. This just causes unneccesary problems. The franchise's replayability comes from playing again and making different decisions, not from dicking around after the most important part, the story ends.

I mean let's say they give you a two option conversation with Yennefer - would that suddenly make the world feel alive? Hardly. It would still be dead after that conversation is over because the story is over.

oh I'm not demanding quests for characters, I'm demanding for the characters to re-appear at Kaer Morhen or somewhere else so that we can interact with them before we go out and do sidequests, what I am asking is for the consequences to actually be ingame, this is just how I feel, it is not the first time agame has done this, even fallout does the same thing. It's dissapointing for me, but we all have our different opinions, like you have yours.

Probably neither.

They stated before release they are planning NO EE version.

Doesn't matter it feels empty and lonely. I miss the characters and I wish there could be more out of them, can't ever see yen again unless you replay just to hear the same old dialogues.

Doesn't matter it feels empty and lonely. I miss the characters and I wish there could be more out of them, can't ever see yen again unless you replay just to hear the same old dialogues.

With redkit 2 I doubt it'll be a problem, it's one of the most asked for features of the game. CDPR or a modder will for sure fix it.

With redkit 2 I doubt it'll be a problem, it's one of the most asked for features of the game. CDPR or a modder will for sure fix it.

yeah modding will make it possible, atleast to change the consequences of our world.

I suppose adding the characters back is going to be easy aswell, but there won't be any changes to the dialogues. If so they probably need to contact the voice actors, which only cpdr can do i assume.

Not really, they plan to support the game for at least 2 years they said and I'm guessing they will have a GOTY edition and that the paid expansions will probably be like the EE edition.

My woes are mostly fixing the game's issues, it's obviously going to get bundled with all it's content eventually, my point is fixing the slightly shoddy base. I hope at least RedKIT2 is actually decent and lets us fiddle with the base game and it isn't just an adventure editor, which is fine, but unlike the previous two games in the series, there are some core, underlying problems here that need a lot of work.

People really seem to have difficulty accepting that this game has an ending. People keep saying "but I just want to talk to X Character or see Y consequences" etc.. Thats not what an ending is. The game is over. You can go do sidequests or start a new playthrough. Apparently people are having serious separation anxiety, it is a bit weird. The game is great, but people need to learn that nothing good lasts forever. Every good game or movie or book has to end.

Maybe people would really feel better if the screen went black and the words "The End" came up, and then they couldn't play anymore. The devs try to give players the option to go do sidequests, but all people can ask for is more main story and character content.

Last edited:
I agree. Why couldn't they have simply left the Witchers in Kaer Morhen and put Yen/Triss in to a nice home in Novigrad or Oxenfurt? I just want them to be there. The thing I find strange is that when I ended the game and spawned in Kaer Morhen I saw Lambert walking around for 2 seconds before just vanishing in to thin air, which is strange. Why not just leave Lambert and give him one or two generic lines? Same applies with others.

Still, my favorite character Zoltan is still around with Dandelion in the Rosemary and Thyme.

Edit: Also would have liked to have seen Nilfgaardian banners and soldiers in Novigrad after my particular ending. You know, just some endgame finishing touches that would make it just perfect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom