Can someone clarify Year of the Wild Boar reward pages?

+
I can't find a definitive answer, so perhaps someone here has seen it somewhere and can help me clarify.

Will year of the wild boar trees always be available? Specifically, do I need to worry about anything on that page getting permanently locked?
I've already unlocked all the leaders, so now I'm wondering if I need to spend my RP first on the Wild Boar tree, and then the respective leaders, or if I can focus on the Seasonal trees now that I've unlocked the gameplay things.
Thanks!

"Impatience is strong is this young padawan. Answers he wants, right now. Yet even Gwent masters knows not the answer exact. Young one wait and see must!"

Mysterious Elder-in-Chief, small by size, large by wisdom

---
Honestly, experience tells, that typical format rotation period in CCGs of this type is 2 years. Gwent does not have rotation even introduced yet and if rotation will be eventually introduced, it will be highly probably announced in advance and until that time, related reward trees have to be available to get players possibility to obtain related leaders. You are really worrying about fruits of tree, which was not planted yet. If curiosity really eats you up, just ask Pawel Burza in Ask Developers thread.

I guess that leader trees will simply remain on the next year's reward page, while the Boar will return each time the Chinese Calendar has the year of the pig again. Which is, ugh... 2031...

... well, I guess we can blame the Yellow Emperor for this.

This is what I was looking for, and explains why there's no solid answer.
Odd that they wouldn't just keep everything up there permanently, but alas, I suppose I'll focus on the year of the boar page and its respective trees before getting started on the vanilla stuff (which is a shame because I wanted to do the seasonal trees).
Don't. Pawel also said this:
The new page will be available all year, that should be enough time to unlock everything :)

You have at least 7 months left, so don't let reward trees dictate your progress. Do what you prefer to do now. It is also not too difficult to get reward points. After 2 months of playing (yes, I'm a fresh player) I already spent more than 800 of them.

Do we know if this reward tree will end and we won't be able to complete anymore of it? If so, has a date been posted anywhere? Seems pretty important as the main progression part of the game yet I can't find any information about it anywhere... and anything I have read from CDPR seems to imply that we would already be on the next yearly tree already. Don't want to waste putting reward points towards completing it if it will be locked down in a day or two.

DRK3

Forum veteran
By now we should have gotten a new Reward Book tab but my guess is the devs didnt want to create a tab with just a single reward tree (Year of the Rat) so instead they delayed the new tab, maybe until the next expansion (perhaps on Android launch?)

maybe until the next expansion
That would be my guess. It would make sense to release the new year page along with a new expansion and most likely with a well defined release plan. I expect news about it during the upcoming Gwent Masters on March, with a release most likely on late March, early April.

I'm hoping that the Rat tree will come with the next update. Season of the Bear was the first season to get its seasonal tree in 2019, so it would make some sense to introduce a new yearly tree then.

In any case, the longer its release takes the less it's tied to the actual Year of the Rat. :shrug:

Top Bottom