Can someone explain the relationship between the Fixers and gangs?

+
I'm confused. It kinda seems like Padre is connected to the Valentinos with Wakako also having ties/leading at least part of the Tyger Claws and yet none of them say anything of you killing said gang's members and they even have missions where their own gang is the target. What gives? I get that Fixers are supposed to be neutral but why would the gangs be cool with said connected Fixers sending people like V after them?

A bizarre one is a side mission where one guy’s daughter gets killed after changing sides and therefore he wants the father of the other gang killed. Then Padre clarifies that I’m doing this for the 6th street gang and assasinating a Valentinos captain. That was in the briefing so it’s not just incidental, that’s deliberate.

The Fixers shouldn’t gain any kind of respect from the gangs considering how they pull shit like this. Doesn’t matter what connections you have, if you put up jobs assassinating gang leaders you’re affiliated with you won’t get very far.

I still have a lot of game left to go but I don't think the fixers are affiliated with gangs, just that they originated there and so have a lot of the same style.

I feel like the fixers are independents, regardless of their origin, and since they probably separated from the gang they came from for a reason, they probably have no qualms taking action against that gang.

I still have a lot of game left to go but I don't think the fixers are affiliated with gangs, just that they originated there and so have a lot of the same style.

I feel like the fixers are independents, regardless of their origin, and since they probably separated from the gang they came from for a reason, they probably have no qualms taking action against that gang.

But in the intro montage Padre is there surrounded by Valentinos and in the streetkid lifepath a 6th street ganger tells him to take 'his boys' out of their territory. Clearly at least Padre and Wakako have ties to the dominant gang in their district so it makes no sense that the vast majority of their gigs screw over said gangs. Unless they literally have just a small faction loyal to them and every other ganger is thus free game.

Moxy3

Forum regular
I'm confused. It kinda seems like Padre is connected to the Valentinos with Wakako also having ties/leading at least part of the Tyger Claws and yet none of them say anything of you killing said gang's members and they even have missions where their own gang is the target. What gives? I get that Fixers are supposed to be neutral but why would the gangs be cool with said connected Fixers sending people like V after them?

A bizarre one is a side mission where one guy’s daughter gets killed after changing sides and therefore he wants the father of the other gang killed. Then Padre clarifies that I’m doing this for the 6th street gang and assasinating a Valentinos captain. That was in the briefing so it’s not just incidental, that’s deliberate.

The Fixers shouldn’t gain any kind of respect from the gangs considering how they pull shit like this. Doesn’t matter what connections you have, if you put up jobs assassinating gang leaders you’re affiliated with you won’t get very far.

I was also wondering that knowing that Wakako is part of the Tyger Claws, but has nothing to say about me killing them. But then i read this;

Wakako.PNG

I agree.

Wakako in particular is the most problematic about it. Her ties to the tigerclaws are very straight forward.

With that said if wakako is giving you jobs that kill tiger claws i suppose it is because she wants those claws in particular trimmed down.

But then the others arent so great either. The Watson Fixer was a former Media that decided that talking about problems is not enough and switched out and became a Fixer in order to get shit done.
With that in mind she does an AWFUL lot of work for the boys in blue. Sadly doing the cops job for them is a good (possibly the best) way to level up in act one. :/

Subenu

Forum regular
I agree.

Wakako in particular is the most problematic about it. Her ties to the tigerclaws are very straight forward.

With that said if wakako is giving you jobs that kill tiger claws i suppose it is because she wants those claws in particular trimmed down.

But then the others arent so great either. The Watson Fixer was a former Media that decided that talking about problems is not enough and switched out and became a Fixer in order to get shit done.
With that in mind she does an AWFUL lot of work for the boys in blue. Sadly doing the cops job for them is a good (possibly the best) way to level up in act one. :/

Regina is a pretty cool character :)

I always got the feeling that Wakako kinda hates the Tyger Claws because it cost her 5 husbands... but paradoxically also that she was glad to be rid of them XD

Since the hole Game is designed on to of Cyberpunk 2020 the definition on the fixer Role gives you I think the right Idea: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Fixer

If you think of it, you are someone that organize stuff on the street, you automatically get into touch with Gangs. The State has failed, the police is only a shadow of what it could be. Then the streets are ruled by gangs. Since each fixer operates within one area, it connects them directly with one gang.

HTH

Fixers serve as agents for independent mercenaries. They do a lot of work for the gangs but are largely unrelated to them.

Padre is basically "affiliated" with the Valentinos but he's not a leader or member of them.

Even if they were, infighting among the gangs is hardly uncommon.

I still am dying to know Mr.Hands' backstory. Anyone got any info on him?

Is that what you are looking for?

Is that what you are looking for?
Thanks, it's a start but not much more than we get in game.

I agree, the justification for why the gangs would put up with it is a bit murky.

I guess it could be something along the lines of the fixers being viewed as necessary. The gangs benefit as much as anyone else from fixers, so they're tolerated. A "better to have them inside pissing out, than outside pissing in" mentality.

Well there is always the possibility of a fixer catching enough heat that they are deemed expendable and somebody gotta do the thing next. Never know...

Top Bottom