Can someone help me? Getting destroyed at the Mage Tower fight.

+
Can someone help me? Getting destroyed at the Mage Tower fight.

I'm running The Witcher 1 EE with FCR and Rise of the White Wolf mod, and I can't get past the tower fight. I managed to get by the ifrit once after a ridiculously long fight, but then I was immediately killed by the humans. Is there any way to turn god mode on or something similar? I tried giving myself a ton of vitality using the witcher save editor thing, but it didn't actually give me any more health in game.
Thanks for any help!

Best strategy I have for this fight is go after the Professor with fast-style steel. Once you hurt the Professor, he will flee and the fight will end. (For the Ifrit, use fast-style silver; then once it's beaten, switch to steel. FCR makes most fights harder, and some fights impossible without the requisite perks. And stay well away from the flames.)

Update: This is a hard fight on FCR. For the ifrit, use strong silver and Spectre Oil. For the Professor, it's best to have a meteorite sword and use the most damaging oil, runestone, or whetstone you have. Blizzard is your friend.

Last edited:
After going inside to the swamp tower, use the ring of standing stones to power up your Axii sign and then merely target the Professor to let him take the lead in the fight against Azar Javed.

Once those two are finished duking it out with each other their health makes the fight only half as difficult.

Guest 2081505

Update: This is a hard fight on FCR. For the ifrit, use strong silver and Spectre Oil. For the Professor, it's best to have a meteorite sword and use the most damaging oil, runestone, or whetstone you have.

Very important hints, especially the spectre oil, or Geralt will loose too much LPs before the second fight.

After going inside to the swamp tower, use the ring of standing stones to power up your Axii sign...

By far the best solution for the vanilla version. In my last playthrough with the FCR-mod (It was version 1.3) the axii-sign had been replaced by heliotrop, and if Flash hasn't changed that in later versions, it's not applyable for some reasons.

It was the hardest fight of the whole game for me playing FCR. In my solution I used Geralt's extreme mobility:

In the fight against the ifrit Geralt uses the bomb "King and Queen".

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom