Can someone please explain turn end mechanics? Is this broken?

+
So I have repeatedly seen were the opponent passes and I play a card to be ahead by say one, then when I pass the card mechanics on the opponent's side kicks off again (e.g. damage the adjacent unit and then boost by 2, etc.) changing the score. However, I keep getting into a situation that my mechanic on my side does not go off. What are the rules? If he has passed and I passed, why doesn't that round end? Why do mechanics continue to kick off after both sides have passed? If it is because when I pass it goes to his side again, he is set to pass so his mechanics go off, then it should come back to my side, see I passed and have my mechanics go off too.

What are the rules on turn end if a side has passed and is this a specific issue with the game not ending properly?

"then when I pass the card mechanics on the opponent's side kicks off again" no it doesn't, it "kicks off" after you play your card because now it's his turn, you don't play a card and pass at the same turn

Bruele

Forum regular
So I have repeatedly seen were the opponent passes and I play a card to be ahead by say one, then when I pass the card mechanics on the opponent's side kicks off again (e.g. damage the adjacent unit and then boost by 2, etc.) changing the score. However, I keep getting into a situation that my mechanic on my side does not go off. What are the rules? If he has passed and I passed, why doesn't that round end? Why do mechanics continue to kick off after both sides have passed? If it is because when I pass it goes to his side again, he is set to pass so his mechanics go off, then it should come back to my side, see I passed and have my mechanics go off too.

What are the rules on turn end if a side has passed and is this a specific issue with the game not ending properly?
Also I don t like that end of turn activate when a player has passed the turn before... But for the game is correct.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator

There are basically two different scenarios. In the first scenario, when you still have cards in your hand, the turn will switch back to the opponent triggering his passive abilities, for as long as you keep playing cards, until you pass. After that, the turn won't switch to the opponent.

In the second case, when you only have one card left and play it, your turn ends and, because you cannot play anymore cards, the round ends automatically. This means the turn won't switch to the opponent.

Based on the above, be careful playing cards in round 1 or 2, when the opponent has passed and still has a passive ability ticking.

That could be what happens, perhaps it was the auto end because no cards. The I pass and their ability triggered was really getting me multiple times, I always thought it was when I passed (after he they had passed) it just ended but as you indicated it doesn't really unless I have no cards. Makes sense now, thanks for the clarification 4rm3d.
Post automatically merged:

"then when I pass the card mechanics on the opponent's side kicks off again" no it doesn't, it "kicks off" after you play your card because now it's his turn, you don't play a card and pass at the same turn

As the moderator pointed out, yes it does kick off if I pass and still have cards, it only doesn't if I don't have any cards.

I am using this thread to understand a mechanic.

How does picking cards each turn work? I see people between turn 2 and 3 keep playing after a pass just to thin their decks, but how does it work? If one does it in the first turn you would only have card disadvantage

How does picking cards each turn work? I see people between turn 2 and 3 keep playing after a pass just to thin their decks, but how does it work? If one does it in the first turn you would only have card disadvantage

There is a hand limit of 10 cards, meaning that you can keep playing until you have 4 cards in the first round or 7 cards in the second round. In both cases you end up with 10 cards in the third round, with no loss to card advantage.

Top Bottom