Can they really implement a good AI on enemies and good behaviour on citizens?

+
It is the big problem that CDPR has with Cyberpunk 2077, which has released a game with a gigantic but dead city !!!! Today I was watching the 2018 trailer and from what we saw in the trailer to what is in the game, nothing more than 30% has arrived !!!! Everything was canceled because they had to release the game for Christmas and now we have to demand that they give the game the quality it deserves. I will make a post about my desolation with this game that I love for its history and design but it makes me feel empty for being in a city where there is nothing to do ...

Last edited:
Well, there is a police station right across the street from your megabuilding. Like many things in Night City, it is just something to behold and not something to interact with.

I have to wonder whether the AI is scaled to the performance of the system it is running on. I get NPCs that hide behind things, move from one cover location to another, and come up on me. The enemies will peek out from behind the cover so I can head shot them. I am not saying that they are particularly brilliant in their combat tactics, but they aren't just standing there, either.

Yes I believe a lot has to do with optimization. I play on a ps4 pro and I notice that on some play sessions everything is worse, including ai. Like it lags more, more pop-in, more floating objects, more t-poses, more enemies standing looking at V bit not shooting. All has gotten better with later patches so it gives me hope.
Now the driving needs a complete overhaul, as well as distance to V optimization, which will make police spawn better, police shaces, maybe even MaxTac or trauma team appearances. Also fighting 3 gangmembers 40 meters away from other 4 member of the same gang that just stand there, unbodered or police.
Other npc reactions to violence would great too.
The going out of alert also doesn't work at least in my system. Alerted enemies don't go out of alert, even when using Erase Memory (?) Quickhack, same for pedestrian crouch long after combat has finished.

Honestly, I'd be happy with the pedestrians just having better hit boxes so you can't just run through them. It is so immersion breaking.

Honestly, I'd be happy with the pedestrians just having better hit boxes so you can't just run through them. It is so immersion breaking.

I'm very glad/ a fan of this feature on the scripted scenes with important NPCs. I get out of their way to watch them do their things, which are incredibly animated/acted for me. I guess the open world npcs could be more opaque but that would require better routes around objects first in my opinion

I agree with you regarding the police.
But the fights I've had with predominantly Maelstrom were nothing like that. All I can say.
This right here. I'm not going super gta murdering psychopath on npc' and cops because it's quite clear both of their ai's are broken. Gangs however react much different.

Most of the time pedestrians are just city decorations and I think they work ok that way now. I think that the biggest surface issue flaw with pedestrian AI is the crouching in fear issue. Especially when you save them from something. It is immersion breaking when they are still just crouching in fear when all the muggers are dispatched. Id want their reactions to be more like in the movie Dredd (Initial hostage taking scene) where they thank you but they are terrified you just murdered/dispatched their attackers.

Adding pedestrian AI that doesn't have to do with actual gameplay (assaults, gigs, etc.) seems like it should be low priority. It would be nice to have super flexible smart AI that could handle every you throw at it but in the grand scheme it would be hard to notice.

I highly doubt it, AI is not something that can be easily implemented through patches, it's a complex engine work which takes years and a lot of money to develop. Maybe they'll make the cops spawn around the corner instead of spawning directly behind you, but that's all.

From what I can see now, the devs simply took all mechanics from Witcher without any upgrades. The difference is that it was fine for Witcher because of it's setting and combat structure, you don't expect monsters to be very intelligent, also the melee combat system doesn't require enemies to take covers and show some smart tactic.
The same is for city AI. It's ok for villages with 2 peasants walking around, but it doesn't work for crowded modern city. The horse standing across the road will not provoke the transport collapse, but the car will.

I hope devs consider the criticism and their next game will improve not only graphics, but also the gameplay, however nothing can be done for Cyberpunk at this stage, I'm afraid

I hope devs consider the criticism and their next game will improve not only graphics, but also the gameplay, however nothing can be done for Cyberpunk at this stage, I'm afraid

This is just plain ridiculous. They even planned/plan on adding multiplayer. Do you think this engine can handle multiplayer now or do you think they would have changed the engine to handle it? Games get engine improvements all the time.

This is just plain ridiculous. They even planned/plan on adding multiplayer. Do you think this engine can handle multiplayer now or do you think they would have changed the engine to handle it? Games get engine improvements all the time.

Multiplayer will be a separate game, as far as I know.

Do you know the examples of AAA-games which were improved dramatically beyond the bug fixing after the release? I don't. Everyone mention No Man's Sky, but that is indie actually. Besides, the biggest improvement of it was cooperative mode.

Top Bottom