Can we add new Gear/Items/Quests/Locations to the game via mods?

+
Can we add new Gear/Items/Quests/Locations to the game via mods?

What is the modding tool capable of ?

Can we add new models to the game for new items?

Can we add new quests?

Can we add new locations?

Whatever you see on nexus is all we're capable of. It doesn't take that much effort to see how disappointing the current tools are.

That's why I came here to ask about it. I went to the nexus page and I haven't seen any cool mods as I've seen in Skyrim.

I thought people just were not interested in making cool mods like new quests/locations/items, but I could be wrong. Is there any list of features that the modding tools allow?

Items, textures and so on are doable (although tough, as far as I understand; but some capable folks are doing wonders). Locations and quests, not so much :)

That's why I came here to ask about it. I went to the nexus page and I haven't seen any cool mods as I've seen in Skyrim.

I thought people just were not interested in making cool mods like new quests/locations/items, but I could be wrong. Is there any list of features that the modding tools allow?

People are very much interested but it's impossible. We are extremely limited as to what we can do and everything you see on the Nexus is all we can do. There's no list and CDPR aren't going to tell you anything about it. You have no idea how difficult it is to create a simple mod and you have to understand that Skyrim and The Witcher 3 are two very different games.

You can add items/models, textures, dialogues and maybe fx thats all...we are very limited thats why only 5 to 10 people even browse this forum per day-,- would be interesting to know how many ppl are browsing the fallout4 modding forum daylie

Last edited:
I thought people just were not interested in making cool mods like new quests/locations/items

There was. A team was already formed up with the intention to recreate the adventures and locations from the books. Unfortunately the project never started, because of the functionality of the ModKit (too limited for this kind of mod), and Marcin's statement that "this is all we're getting" in terms of modding support.

There was. A team was already formed up with the intention to recreate the adventures and locations from the books. Unfortunately the project never started, because of the functionality of the ModKit (too limited for this kind of mod), and Marcin's statement that "this is all we're getting" in terms of modding support.

Wow, that's sucks. :(

Are they working on a better modding tools in the future? Maybe a in a future DLC or in the future patches/updates?

What is the modding tool capable of ?

Can we add new models to the game for new items?

Can we add new quests?

Can we add new locations?

You can add new stuff like new models, textures, dialogues, vendor "content" etc. as "new" entities to the game using the DLC method.

You could maybe add new Quests, at least you could make dialogue options for exisitng NPCs, however I never tested that.

You can't add new locations.

You can add new stuff like new models, textures, dialogues, vendor "content" etc. as "new" entities to the game using the DLC method.

You could maybe add new Quests, at least you could make dialogue options for exisitng NPCs, however I never tested that.

You can't add new locations.

Using the DLC method?What do you mean? How does it work?

You add stuff to the game by putting the mods in as DLC

Why has nobody done it yet? Are there any community "DLCs" already? What's the difference between a mod and a DLC? Do you have any additional tools when it comes to creating DLCs (modded)?

Last edited:
Why has nobody done it yet? Are there any community "DLCs" already? What's the difference between a mod and a DLC? Do you have any additional tools when it comes to creating DLCs (modded)?

has been done before, there are also tutorials available on how to do it. search the forums.

Now it's possible, adding quests and locations, go seek master Radish and follow the path.

This tools are a lot of hard but I know there's a Discord right now where some people are trying to learn from the creator to starting make some content. That's all I know so far.

Top Bottom