Can we get a neutral defender card?

+
Can we get a neutral defender card? My faction defender sucks and Id like an alternative.
Posting this here cause this forum wont let me make new threads.

I see where you're going, but have a couple concerns:

Dev's would need to make a condition to where only one defender is allowed per deck.

As a rule, neutrals are worse than their faction specific counter-parts, so not sure how a neutral defender would help or how it would be balanced.

Which defender are you talking about btw? Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I see where you're going, but have a couple concerns:

Dev's would need to make a condition to where only one defender is allowed per deck.

As a rule, neutrals are worse than their faction specific counter-parts, so not sure how a neutral defender would help or how it would be balanced.

Which defender are you talking about btw? Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
Why can you only have 1? its not like they are really strong, just purify or move them, problem solved.

Depends on how to define worse. Whats worse for you might be great for me. For example, Im tired of my nilfguard defender getting fucked by power resets and god forbid the opponent plays morkvarg or duels it with a high power unit. Where as a lower base power defender might be considered "worse" by you, it would be much better for my situation.

Why can you only have 1? its not like they are really strong, just purify or move them, problem solved.

Depends on how to define worse. Whats worse for you might be great for me. For example, Im tired of my nilfguard defender getting fucked by power resets and god forbid the opponent plays morkvarg or duels it with a high power unit. Where as a lower base power defender might be considered "worse" by you, it would be much better for my situation.
If you're playing NG you already have multiple defenders, you can use Letho to copy one, and if it died there's renew. This is the classic Kolgrim clogging combo.

If you're playing NG you already have multiple defenders, you can use Letho to copy one, and if it died there's renew. This is the classic Kolgrim clogging combo.
im pretty sure letho doesnt copy status, nor does if give you the battle prep on deploy.
Its kind of a waste of a renew to use it on a defender.

im pretty sure letho doesnt copy status, nor does if give you the battle prep on deploy.
Its kind of a waste of a renew to use it on a defender.
He does in fact copy the status, and it's not a waste using renew on a defender if what you're protecting is really important, which I assume it is since you value defender so much. You wanted a second one, I told you how to do it, take it or leave it.

The main problem with nilfguard defender is its weak to power resets. No other defender is weak to that. So there are more answers to nilf defender that other defenders, making it inherently worse than all other defenders.

Do you see what I mean?
Post automatically merged:

He does in fact copy the status, and it's not a waste using renew on a defender if what you're protecting is really important, which I assume it is since you value defender so much. You wanted a second one, I told you how to do it, take it or leave it.
I shouldnt have to waste 1-2 gold card(s) just to make sure my defender doesnt get cucked by something that no other defenders are weak to.

The main problem with nilfguard defender is its weak to power resets. No other defender is weak to that. So there are more answers to nilf defender that other defenders, making it inherently worse than all other defenders.

Do you see what I mean?
The Letho copy does not get a power reset since he maintains his base power, and anyways, the worst defender would without a doubt be the ST one, NG is decent.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The Letho copy does not get a power reset since he maintains his base power, and anyways, the worst defender would without a doubt be the ST one, NG is decent.
If the ST one is bad as well, then all the more reason for there to be a neutral defender option.

IMO, there are so many remove or lose cards in the game as it is. Having all of them behind a defender, or multiple defenders, means having to carry more tech cards thus exacerbating the current greed / hyper control meta. I would rather just have NG defender changed so he isn't boosted like that, but comes out at a better base power. Again, every defender has strengths and weaknesses, and with SK being able to reuse theirs multiple times, they don't need another option.

The ST defender may be bad, but at least it can survive a predatory dive and has synergies with dwarves.

Someone using a power reset on your defender sounds like a wasted turn. Morkvarg also only is happening because of the crap with pirates right now and him being more relevant again, and he is a very niche card outside of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom