Can we get a rough Roadmap please?

+
I think customers would be a lot less inclined to try and get a refund if they had confidence that CDPR were committed to delivering the game the community was expecting (as per their own advertising).

a roadmap would go a long way to achieving this.
Oh please... after some of the blatant lies from management any kind of roadmap is, quite frankly, worthless. Because it's all based on "trust", which CDPR burned through extremely quickly with this release.

Plenty of other high-profile games tried to save themselves with "roadmaps", and... it almost never works in their favour.

While I agree that knowing WHAT the devs will be working on could put some people at ease, this could also create more expectations... and if those aren't met once again there'll be hell to pay.

A very clear roadmap can cause more problems because it wouldn't prabably meet. But it is important to me that they clearly state what their priorities are. We need to understand their state of mind. For example, "We will fix bugs, add missing content back, release new story DLCs, and after everything is done, we will start working for MP." is a good start.
Word!
I have not good experiences with other games, which showed a roadmap with half-baked ideas. Half-baked ideas are potentially more terrible than half-finished contents, which were removed because of the time limit.

A roadmap makes me less confident not more.

Have you seen games in similar states with roadmaps? Anthem? Roadmaps tend to miss deadlines, get stuff cut from them and just go entirely off course and thrown away. They're pretty useless.

I don't really trust CDPR to follow through with a roadmap. I trust them to fix the game but that's about it. Their management staff has issues with setting remotely realistic deadlines, do you really want them setting deadlines that are publicly accessible? Just sounds like crunch season 5.0

Yes and no. I really like the monthly roadmaps from Dovetail Games regarding their Train Sim World 2 game. It's absolutely accurate and you always know what's coming up next, what is in developmet and what is in planning. Though that game was just complete when released and not in an early access like state As CB2077 partially is.

nothing until 2021.
They'll definitely put something out at some point, doubt it will be prior to holidays though.
nothing until 2021.

Pretty much what i was expecting,
From my outside point of view, and its a pretty obvious one (But we don't always see the obvious when things aren't looking good), CDPR need to do some form of public damage control before the holidays to at the very least stabilize its stock price and stem the flow of refunds.
Right now we dont even know if the game has a future or if they are just going to get it into a "Good enough" state and drop it.

Im not going to refund, Both because its on Steam so I dont have a shot in hell of getting one and because despite the bugs and missing content, im enjoying myself.

So pretty much i just feel they need to offer some form of VERY carefully thought out reassurance before they go on break and last night when i wrote this post, i felt that would be best conveyed in the form of a Roadmap since Investors would understand that whereas they might not go for an announcement as much as the player base might.

But im just one person trying hard to keep a level head with mixed results, cant really speak for how others will react.

The timeline is pretty simple:
2021 - fix all bugs and broken systems
2022 - see if a year of fixes was enough
2023 - still working on making the game into what was promised
2024 - maybe we can think about a DLC
2027 - single player in decent state, maybe think about multiplayer
Post automatically merged:

Right now we dont even know if the game has a future or if they are just going to get it into a "Good enough" state and drop it.

If they were to do that they might as well shut down the whole CDPR and be finished.

Seriously the game is still early access, sooo much missing content it hurts.
Do you think fixing AI and bugs is just enough ?
I am 100000% with you on this. Bug fixes and whatnot, it's INEVITABLE. Features that were to be in the game? That's the most uncertain part about the game. I waited around with vague information since 2013, but when the game was starting to reveal itself 2 years ago, I waited knowing what to expect. And I know what features were cut from it too. And yet, it did not deliver.

I know a lot of people will want to disagree and even attack me for this, but the game was rushed pure and simple. The moment the developers were on a crunch and internal complaints leaking out stating the deadlines were unrealistic, I should have expected something to be really wrong. Now I see.

But I still praise the developers for their hard work and I wish them the best of luck in the future. I just wish the corporate didn't treat them as such and heeded their warnings.

What we have for now is a patch for January and another for February. For now, outside of speculation, there is nothing, because nothing has been defined yet. The CD is in the period of the holidays. A more accurate 'RoadMap' would be nice, but in particular, I find it difficult. The game with the most complete Roadmap system - in my view - is Star Citizen, and yet, dynamic. It all depends on working in teams, how they develop and what I think the CD will not do is create new expectations. And to make something clear, no one in this community has 'inside information' about what's coming. Mere speculation.

Last edited:
If they were to do that they might as well shut down the whole CDPR and be finished.
Why? Every other studio does it and makes a killing doing it. The problem is that no matter how crappy they behave, they'll be kept out of the red by consumers that will take any crap that's shoveled their way.

One only has to look at Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, FIFA, Madden, etc. Annual releases of copy-pasted mechanics and assets. Hell, how about Bethesda releasing a game in 2018 with bugs from their 2002 release of Morrowind that was fixed by modders in each of their subsequent releases leading up to Fallout 76.

The state of gaming and consumerism has shown that there's hardly any consequences to this behavior and even if they're called out on it consistently, they'll still make a killing by those who either don't care or defend it as though it's their own hard work.

Edit: Hell, they already knew all of this. Think about it. They were calling out every other studio and talking about how they'll leave greed to others, they'll only release a finished product, they won't censor their product, etc. etc. They had the experience of every other studio's failings and they still released this game like they did. I honestly do not believe there will be any lesson learned or consequences to them for this.

The timeline is pretty simple:
2021 - fix all bugs and broken systems
2022 - see if a year of fixes was enough
2023 - still working on making the game into what was promised
2024 - maybe we can think about a DLC
2027 - single player in decent state, maybe think about multiplayer

Honestly that's probably not too far off. 2021 = get the main systems working as well as possible. 2022 = get the true next-gen version launched, along with an upgraded PC version. 2023 = hope enough last-gen console people have move on to be able to put out a PC / next-gen console exclusive version that finally implements most of the stuff that they'll never get working on last gen consoles (i.e., smart AI, fully engaged routines for NPCs, tram/subway, etc.).

Edit: and hope that in the mean time, Rockstar doesn't decide to add a cyberpunk flavor to its next GTA installment.

Last edited:
Hell, I hope that by the end of 2021 we get all missing features and one or two fully flashed expansion packs for the game. All bugs and performance issues should be beyond fixed by very early 2021. We are not talking about some small indie developer anymore.

just fix the bugs and move on

Think the media really has taken a dump on the company and game and blown things out of proportion. I really do think they will get all the bugs in time and come out with the expansion and dlc soon. Cyberpunk 2077 at its core is a great game.

Think the media really has taken a dump on the company and game and blown things out of proportion. I really do think they will get all the bugs in time and come out with the expansion and dlc soon. Cyberpunk 2077 at its core is a great game.

No its not. At its core its a mess both mechanically and story-wise.

Pretty much what i was expecting,
From my outside point of view, and its a pretty obvious one (But we don't always see the obvious when things aren't looking good), CDPR need to do some form of public damage control before the holidays to at the very least stabilize its stock price and stem the flow of refunds.

Im not going to refund, Both because its on Steam so I dont have a shot in hell of getting one and because despite the bugs and missing content, im enjoying myself.

So pretty much i just feel they need to offer some form of VERY carefully thought out reassurance before they go on break and last night when i wrote this post, i felt that would be best conveyed in the form of a Roadmap since Investors would understand that whereas they might not go for an announcement as much as the player base might.

But im just one person trying hard to keep a level head with mixed results, cant really speak for how others will react.

I wouldn't be too worried about the game in a "does it have a future" sense. With 8 million pre-orders CDPR had already recouped all of it's money and fallen into profit territory. Since then the game has sold millions more, reports vary between 13 and 15 millions.

While the refund figures are unknown and certainly very substantive, the chance they've reached 50% are slim to none. Heck I'd be very surprised if they were above 30%. Now a 30% refund rate is certainly extremely bad, but, it still would mean the game is making profits as we speak. I'm not worried about the IP being scrapped at this point. The stocks have fallen dramatically but are stable at a little above March values for the moment. Furthermore, the general consensus here and pretty much everywhere else is that the game, while very disappointing in it's current state, is fairly enjoyable for most on PC and the newest consoles.

Let CDPR gets it's bearing and, hopefully, an honest conversation internally over the holiday period and I have no doubt we'll get something of a plan in January. They've already announced they'll give more information (to their shareholders) about the pushing back of multi player plans in January, I have no doubt they'll provide information to their customers too.

Top Bottom