Can we get an option to restrict the game to one apartment and max 3 cars at a time?

+
Some other people already said this, but I'll go ahead and say it again, but rephrased my own bizarre, twisted and contorted sort of way...

Yeah, self-imposed restrictions seem a lot easier than actual restrictions? I'd certainly hope three cars minimal and one apartment is an optional feature. Me? My filthy disgusting rich self-important corpo dog self? I cannot be restricted to such menial possessions! Nay! I have a MASSIVE ego to inflate! My corpo mayhaps have some areas... that require compensationnn... I will not further elaborate on that subject. If it's a nice car? He got it! Homes? My corpo has an empty gape in his life where his shriveled up blackened soul used to be before he sold that for two eddies and a half eaten xxl burrito. And the only thing that can fill that void is more stuff. More possessions and lots of it.

I wouldn't mind applying this restriction to my street kid tho.

I like self-imposed restrictions cause I can make my game experience harder without effecting everyone else. I don't want a limiting experience even if its immersive. The game technically already does this 'kinda' does this in the form of... these cars are expensive! You make tons of money, but like.... my implants ain't gonna pay for themselllves tho. My funds left over don't have a lot of breathing room afterwards. I suppoooose someone could make the money to buy everything but they can also choose not to buy everything? Which makes everything go full circle! Oh my gooosh.

I'll humor the idea of adding these restrictions. Hypothetically... How will they implement this? Will there be any lore? If your character is about to buy a second house, will the character your buying it from tell you they can't sell it to you or you need to sell your old home? Or will a message pop up and say. "Are you sure you want to buy this home? You will lose your old home, Yes or No?".

I don't want to see a boring message like that. If I'm gonna be limited, I'd at least like a in game reason instead of, cause 'game mechanics!'.

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited:
Given the money that V is making in the time frame they are making it, yes. You're talking hundreds of thousands of eddies (if not millions) made in a matter of a month or so.
I see what you're trying to say but making lots of money does not equal: therfore I will buy all the apartments and 20 cars.
I would find it far easier to believe she'd buy all kinds of weapons that would theoretically be on her wall in the stash room.
Or save up the money so she can find an in with hellman, arasaka or whoever might have a way to fix the relic. Just imagine for a moment Judy could pull of a mean feat of relic-extraction. She'd just need far superior equipment and setup to actually do it. How convienent would it be to have lots of stockpiled resources for that.

So... While you could roleplay V to want a garage filled with cars (and I'm not stopping you btw)
The 'default' state for V does not sound like she would do such thing over at least several other potential targets.

I know this is extremely *A* retentive of me. But it ruins logic, immersion and RP for me that V can basically pay for like 6 apartments. Rent. At the same time. Even with... story reasons (spoilers)... it doesn't make sense. Also having an entire fleet of cars to fuel, maintain, repair and have papers on is... just crazy. I have Asperger Syndrome not sure if being literally autistic is causing me these major grieveances over something which should be minor or a non-existing issue for most. However...

It just feels like such an unnecessary and over the top thing to own so many cars and apartments. If we were a corporate billionaire sure. But even with V's ... condition. It's still so illogical. Can we at least get an option to limit apartments to 1 at a time? Selling old ones for half the price when changing?

Also the Body perk "Hard Motherf*" tool tip still says 1 second when it lasts 10 seconds. Can you fix this too? Minor details like this is obsessive to me and keeps me up at night xD Ok maybe not that bad but still. New players probably think this perk is useless because the tooltip hasn't been updated from 1 to 10 yet.

Just for the love of god give us an option to sell cars and apartments or put a limit on them! I'm having IRL distress over my V as a character having to do paperwork on TWENTY CARS AND SIX APARTMENTS!
My take is that in 2077 all is automated, so just stack em upp.
Tho, two comes and two cars is what I effectively use.

Getting the chip extracted sounds cool DLC potential, but I don't think Judy can pull it off. She failed to take the cloud and ran away. I doubt she's looking for a solution to help my boy V. Though sadly I don't think anyone can. At least none of V's current friends can. Maybe cdpr can bring in a new character and the nomads help V find them. Maybe Judy is with the nomads. It would be cool of mr. Blue eyes tied into this theory somehow.

As far as car and house limitations are concerned, the general consensus seems to be preference. No right or wrong answer. It would be cool if the game acknowledged V's amount of homes, or their accumulated wealth if you opted to save it.

Maybe some people attempt to mug V or attempt to steal one of V's many cars.

"Not everyone can afford a bunch of cars like you can, V" - [insert character name]

"Hey V, what are you saving all that money for? Me, I probably woulda spent it all on booze! Haha!!" - Jackie if he didn't die, probably.

I bought all the vehicles available + accepted those that are free. Not for driving them but as a collection. Only thing I miss is being able to park all of said vehicles in the same garage. I tried but the game seems only capable of storing the spot where the last used vehicle was parked. *sigh*.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the usual problem of logic and realism in a computer game. If cyberpunk were a simulation, 5 apartments and 20 vehicles would be kind of weird, but on the other hand not impossible, if the resources are there. Welcome to the upper class.

In a role-playing game the simulalistic aspect can be reduced. And it has to be, because for example the inventory wouldn't work either. How else can it be justified that you march into the next cocktail bar with a sniper rifle, a minigun and a shotgun in your evening suit?

But Cyberpunk also gives the player the choice to do things differently. Don't buy six apartments, don't buy 20 cars, leave your weapons in the trunk or at home when you're on a civilian trip, don't run red lights, don't shoot wildly in the area, and so on.

There is no need for the game to dictate this, only the free decision and design of the players.

Getting the chip extracted sounds cool DLC potential, but I don't think Judy can pull it off. She failed to take the cloud and ran away.
About what happened with Tyger Claws, V should have the option to do it alone. If they can raid the Arasaka tower single-handedly, doing the same thing to Tyger Claws would be a tiny lil baby pinky toe step before it. I wanted that option, never figured why I needed anyone else to go in there to wreak havoc. And, especially consdiering that Tyger Claws might as well feel a bit cornered, and decide to kill everyone involved. Exactly the kind of attention my V wants, but see how that ended for the crew at Clouds. There is only one V.

Seriosuly, if V showed up there and told the bosses "I protect/take over Clouds" and will come after you for any trouble you cause "not, your goons, not your minions, I will find you and I will gut you while you watch your friends suffer the same. we understood?", the bosses would likely deem Clouds still harmless and a potential obedient profit house, and go full-on after V alone instead. If they dare.

I want my V to get the alla Adam Smasher outlook before it's time to pay the visit to Scavs in their den in relation with retrieving Evelyn. :sneaky::p;) That visit would be quite traumatic... for them.

Last edited:
It just feels like such an unnecessary and over the top thing to own so many cars and apartments. If we were a corporate billionaire sure. But even with V's ... condition. It's still so illogical. Can we at least get an option to limit apartments to 1 at a time? Selling old ones for half the price when changing?

Sure, selling things could be a thing. I've complained of CP2077 intentionally presenting itself as a game and not an immersive simulator numerous times.

But since you can limit buying those things YOURSELF, spending dev time on something this seems like a total waste.

Sure, selling things could be a thing. I've complained of CP2077 intentionally presenting itself as a game and not an immersive simulator numerous times.
That opens the path to purchasing and selling any car available, which is how the world works, and there is plenty more in NC than what is available atm.

From my end, the priority would be on customizing what's in the inventory. I want a golden Cali.

I see the issue in how many vehicles game actually gives you as a quests reward, which I later never really use and they just clutter my "call vehicle" menu, so a posibility to sell them, or simply hide them would be nice to have.

The problem with apartments is for me less about the fact that unrealistically V somehow can own (yeah, I now it's said that V is "renting" them, but come on, it's a one time payment) 5 flats, but rather that you can't fully move to any of them from the initial one (cat, quest souvenirs, etc. all stays in the H10 apartment). Personally I never understood why CP77 community was so fixated on wanting more apartments to be available. I would rather prefer if CDPR focused more on updating the OG flat, letting player customize it more than just covering it with different paint.

About what happened with Tyger Claws, V should have the option to do it alone. If they can raid the Arasaka tower single-handedly, doing the same thing to Tyger Claws would be a tiny lil baby pinky toe step before it. I wanted that option, never figured why I needed anyone else to go in there to wreak havoc. And, especially consdiering that Tyger Claws might as well feel a bit cornered, and decide to kill everyone involved. Exactly the kind of attention my V wants, but see how that ended for the crew at Clouds. There is only one V.

Seriosuly, if V showed up there and told the bosses "I protect/take over Clouds" and will come after you for any trouble you cause "not, your goons, not your minions, I will find you and I will gut you while you watch your friends suffer the same. we understood?", the bosses would likely deem Clouds still harmless and a potential obedient profit house, and go full-on after V alone instead. If they dare.

I want my V to get the alla Adam Smasher outlook before it's time to pay the visit to Scavs in their den in relation with retrieving Evelyn. :sneaky::p;) That visit would be quite traumatic... for them.
That would have been epic! Cool idea.

No thanx. Though I would like the option to sell cars. You technically can "test drive" cars, by throwing a save, buying, driving and then reloading. Others you can abandon and not pick up. But the starter car I never use. So selling would be great.

I actually agree with this. I think the apartments should be available depending on whether you're a nomad, street kid or Corpo.

It provides a good incentive to play strictly as one lifepath. Currently choosing a lifepath doesn't offer much unique options because you all have access to the same things.

I get that they wanted players to have every option available but sometimes less is more. When I play as a street kid, I never buy the uptown apartment because that makes no sense for a streetkid. Same for my Corpo playthrough.

Hopefully for the next game they focus on having unique experiences for each life path, including access to certain stores, apartments etc

Top Bottom